What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticker.

Suitman

Post Whore
TICKER.

We showed more of it tonight than for most of last season.

Those of you who have come on here tonight and put sh*te on certain players should go and buy a mirror.

It's the first round ffs. We are coming off the back of not only a poor last season, but a very poor 2008 culture. Hagan himself admitted that his mind wasn't on the job from July.
To be honest, we showed more flair tonight than we have done for 18 months.
Yes, there are creases to iron out. Yes there is match fitness to get accustomed to. Yes there are players who made mistakes, or their timing wasn't quite right etc......etc..... but.......

I saw plenty to be excited about tonight. It was a tough gig over there.

We are already doing double cutout plays and run-arounds. Stuff other teams have been doing for years, successfully. We actually scored two tries from such plays. I was excited. We haven't really been able to execute that sort of stuff properly for several years now. Even 2007 - a successful year, we weren't that good at this sort of stuff.

For those who have just jumped on the f**king Criticism Cart, have another think about things tomorrow.
You just may think a bit differently.
This is as happy as I have been after a first round loss for years. I can see the light....................

Suity

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
TICKER.

Those of you who have come on here tonight and put sh*te on certain players should go and buy a mirror.

It's the first round ffs. We are coming off the back of not only a poor last season, but a very poor 2008 culture. Hagan himself admitted that his mind wasn't on the job from July.
Yes, there are creases to iron out. Yes there is match fitness to get accustomed to. Yes there are players who made mistakes, or their timing wasn't quite right etc......etc..... but.......

We are already doing double cutout plays and run-arounds. Stuff other teams have been doing for years, successfully. We actually scored two tries from such plays. I was excited. We haven't really been able to execute that sort of stuff properly for several years now. Even 2007 - a successful year, we weren't that good at this sort of stuff.

For those who have just jumped on the f**king Criticism Cart, have another think about things tomorrow.
This is as happy as I have been after a first round loss for years. I can see the light....................

Suity

:D:D:D - Agree 100%, they look lot fitter then I have seen a eels side for a long time.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
TICKER.

Suity
It was great to see a bit of passion and ticker back in the side. Something that was sorely lacking last season. I was proud of the effort the boys put in. How many times could we say that last season???? And we were actually finishing the stronger, our fitness looks top notch ATM now we just some need execution.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
TICKER.

Suity

Thank f**k we have Taureans on this board, we see things in a different perspective to others, great post and totally agree with everything you said.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
we need to focus on completion rates.......

cart the ball forward and get a good kick away ... good chase.

The opposition will eventually make a mistake and that's when you pounce.

I hate seeing us run it on the last and get tackled with the ball it makes me burn so hard.

Matt keating didn't kick once out of dummy half and it pissed me right off. I watched ennis do it vs manly and it was superb.

salvy71

Juniors
They showed ticker and also had some sort of structure as well , just lacked in the execution department but I'd take tonights effort over all of their efforts of last year (besides round 1) .

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I agree, how much better were with me when Fui and Mannah were on? seriously people, if Fui goes and we keep Cayless and Cordoba i will be more of an arse on this board then usual!!!!!!!

Parra Future

Juniors
Good Post Suity. We must remember that it is only the first game. Look at the positives. They are only going to get better. I hate singling people out but I'm going to do it anyway. Well done to Tim Mannah. There was some great ticker. I'm personally looking forward to watching him all year.

WA Eel

Juniors
Saw a few other things tonight that I don't remember seeing last year either. These are:
1) angle ball runners and decoys
2) Finch throwing some decent left to right passes
3) Grothe tackling low and generally staying out on his man
4) Hindy hitting it up out a bit wider rather than straight up the middle
5) Ben Smith showing a bit of pace out wide

Not saying tonight was a good performance, but fully agree with Suity that there's been improvement on last year already.

TheRam

Coach
Considering how bad we were last year, we played fantastic yesterday, but in saying that we will go nowhere fast, with a makeshift half combo and that powder puff starting front row.

I don't think it will be that long before Ando starts to make changes just quietly.

But a great first up effort against a far superior pack of forwards and better halves.

Our fitness and enthusiasm were the high points for me.

$400 000...Nathan Cayless or Steve Price? Hmmm...now let me see.

Now I know people are saying it is only the first game of the season, and yes it is, but Cayless can play for another 1000 years, and he will never be as good as Price.

The difference between the Warriors and us, is the Warriors realised that they needed fear and power in the frontrow so a couple of seasons ago they forked for Ruben Wikki & Steve Price. We kept Cayless & promoted Cordoba. :lol:

Dirty Mutombo

Juniors
Theres always room for imrpovement. Ying/Yang.

I thought we showed alot of fight last night, and wouldve lost by 40 in the Hagan era.
But we showed the fight when the damage had been done. We should be showing it from minute 1 not minute 51

big boppa eel

Juniors
Well said Suity, I think our second half other than the first 10 is probably the best we have played for a while, though I hope Cordoba doesnt see first grade for much longer, sorry Josh your just not up to it, with Tim and Fui along with Joe if he holds the ball we actually have a lot more mongrel in our pack along with the new look hindy.

Dragons_Head

Juniors
:D:D:D - Agree 100%, they look lot fitter then I have seen a eels side for a long time.

Spot on we were finishing all over the top of the warriors, they had nothing left in their tanks. From the games i have watched this round, i don't think any other teams could have beaten the warriors yesterday. It was their day. We could have or would have compounded last year in the same circumstances.

Gronk

Staff member
I think you'll find that getting an away win vs the Warriors will be tough for any team. A couple of players had shockers, yet we didn't get pantsed. I remain positive.

Utey

Coach
Always going to be tough, but as I said else where we have a sh*tload of work to do. Some of the D was very very soft.

People are entitled to say what's on their mind. If they were unhappy with Parra than so be it.

For me, The 1st half was shocking. How else can anyone describe it, The penaltys killed us. The 2nd half we were all over them and could have snatched it with a bit of luck.

strider

Post Whore
Thank f**k we have Taureans on this board, we see things in a different perspective to others, great post and totally agree with everything you said.
you know - gay guys are very aware of their and other ppl's star sign - much more so than straight guys :-s

... oh and good post suity

strider

Post Whore
Considering how bad we were last year, we played fantastic yesterday, but in saying that we will go nowhere fast, with a makeshift half combo and that powder puff starting front row.

I don't think it will be that long before Ando starts to make changes just quietly.

But a great first up effort against a far superior pack of forwards and better halves.

Our fitness and enthusiasm were the high points for me.

$400 000...Nathan Cayless or Steve Price? Hmmm...now let me see.

Now I know people are saying it is only the first game of the season, and yes it is, but Cayless can play for another 1000 years, and he will never be as good as Price.

The difference between the Warriors and us, is the Warriors realised that they needed fear and power in the frontrow so a couple of seasons ago they forked for Ruben Wikki & Steve Price. We kept Cayless & promoted Cordoba. :lol:
cooool .... way to turn a positive thread into a bitch session :thumn

Latest posts