What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket Prices

docbrown

Coach
There may be capacity under a new rights deal to subsidise ticket prices.

Any thoughts on pricing?

Not just for 1 off games but also memberships and packages.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Gate Prices
two tier
Teir 1 $20
Tier 2 $25
Children $5

Memberships $180 -250
Families (upto 2 adults and as many kids as you have) $300

$15 admssion to other grounds if you are a full ticketed member of your club

Dogs Of War

Coach
Really every club membership in Sydney should have an option for any other Sydney game involving their club as an optional addition. AFL clubs do this well. Bigger crowds going to games is always a plus. All Sydney clubs could pool whatever memberships they get this way, and divide it up evenly amongst themselves. Say something like $40 extra

Eels Dude

Coach
Is it really that simple? Clubs can charge whatever they want. But prices are getting up there. Parra's GA tickets jumped 5 bucks this year.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Maybe a common ticket price across the league, subsudused from HQ

Gold 40
Silver 30
Bronze 20
Under 16's 10 or free with paying adult.

Stinkler

Juniors
Great idea, but very difficult to do.

Take the Bulldogs, Knights and Sharks for example.

The Bulldogs play at ANZ Stadium. 80,000 tickets available, ranging from "sideline" to "nosebleed". They have all areas seated.

The Knights have 30,000 tickets available. Nice grandstands on either side, hill areas on the ends. They have most areas seated.

The Sharks have 20,000 tickets available. One and a half undercover grandstands. One uncovered grandstand. Concourse seating around most of the field. Lots of unseated areas.

How would you justify charging the same for a spot on the hill (Bronze / Category C) at Cronulla as you do for a seat undercover at the Bulldogs home game at ANZ? Or Suncorp? Or AMII Park? Or Skilled Park? The there's Brookvale which is another whole kettle of fish!

Perth Red

Post Whore
$40 is too expensive just to get a decent seat. It needs to be comparable to other entertainment you might attend weekly like the cinema.

Isaiah85

Juniors
$40 is too expensive just to get a decent seat. It needs to be comparable to other entertainment you might attend weekly like the cinema.

Especially attending the game as a non-partisan spectator. A lot of people would go to more games other than their own team if prices were more reasonable.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

I think $40 for prime seats in a top level sporting comp is reasonable, certainly better than say the EPl were an equivalent ticket at grounds like the emirates or stamford bridge would be $90 plus

nko11

Juniors
The Bulldogs play at ANZ Stadium. 80,000 tickets available, ranging from "sideline" to "nosebleed". They have all areas seated.

Re: Why don't they sell the GA (Nosebleed/end seats/the ones' that are always empty) in memberships. Say $20 Kids, $30 for Adults for all 12 games. Any reason behind not doing this?

sting

Bench
Because people who already buy memberships would get them. The number of new people who take it up probably wouldn't outweigh the lost profit.

Stinkler

Juniors
There would be some agreement with ANZ Stadium about selling the lower bowl first.
20,000 people spread over the whole stadium looks rubbish.
It also needs increased security, food & bev, toilets (and therefore cleaners). This bumps up the overhead costs of running the game.

azza29

Juniors
There would be some agreement with ANZ Stadium about selling the lower bowl first.
20,000 people spread over the whole stadium looks rubbish.

You should see Melbourne Victory's champions league games at Etihad. 4,000 people crammed into the corners because that's where the GA (read reasonably priced) seating is. Pathetic.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
It should be up to the clubs me thinks. Give the grant to the clubs, set the salary cap below it and let the clubs decide the prices.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Gate Prices
two tier
Teir 1 $20
Tier 2 $25
Children $5

Memberships $180 -250
Families (upto 2 adults and as many kids as you have) $300

$15 admssion to other grounds if you are a full ticketed member of your club

Is that what it should be.

Teddyboy

First Grade
To me going to watch a live game is a non-starter as ...
1.Tickets are too high.
2.food and drink are expensive and shit.
3.Over the top security rent a cop stewards who seem to treat you like a Soccer hooligan or a child and not a fan of the team or sport.

f**k if I ever had a whole load of dosh to waste (wishful thinking),I would love to buy up some semi-pro club first and make experience 2nd to none.

Can't remember what the food was like back at Mount Smart in Auckland, but here at AAMI Park, it is woeful. They make the coffee with fat free milk (i.e. white water) and the prices are a joke for the generic plastic they sell as food.

Stormsally

Juniors
You think AAMI Park is bad - at Suncorp and Titans you can't bring in any 'commercial' foods/drinks. This included my half drunk bottle of coke and the lady in front of me had a packet of Rice Crackers that she had to throw out!

Re ticket prices - Away game entry for ticketed members would be ideal without all of the complicated add on to membership.

If you are a ticketed member - you can get a GA seat at an away game - then maybe be able to upgrade to better seats.

This would have little effect on ground revenue - and could be cancelled for sell outs (like the free pass restrictions).

Eels Dude

Coach
To me going to watch a live game is a non-starter as ...
1.Tickets are too high.
2.food and drink are expensive and shit.
3.Over the top security rent a cop stewards who seem to treat you like a Soccer hooligan or a child and not a fan of the team or sport.

f**k if I ever had a whole load of dosh to waste (wishful thinking),I would love to buy up some semi-pro club first and make experience 2nd to none.

Kind of agree with this. People whinge about poor crowds but in reality you're paying 25 bucks a ticket just for general admission these days. Some stadiums charge a fortune for food. A pie and chips costs nearly 10 bucks at ANZ and they charge 7 bucks for beer and about 4 bucks for a soft drink just as an example. Throw in transport, public or petrol and parking and it can be around 50 bucks minimum just for one person to attend a game.

And yeah the security is also an issue. One person complains about you cheering for the away team and all of a sudden you're given a warning to keep your mouth shut or get turfed.

Latest posts