What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Brisbane @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 20: Newcastle v Brisbane

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

perverse

Referee
All playing bar Cobbo, including Reynolds.

Just our luck.
Oh that's just grim. Fingers crossed it's a desperation move and they're all quite underdone, because I can absolutely see them coming back and it sparking the Broncos surge to the finals.

And of course, that would begin against us. Because of course it would.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Trust us to be the team to break the Broncos 6 match losing streak. Teams must love seeing us as their next opponent when they’re out of form…

Woody90

Juniors
Meh. I’m not phased at all if they all play tbh. If we need them to have multiple key outs to win at home we wouldn’t make a peep in the finals if we made it anyway.

We also for whatever reason don’t deal well mentally when the opposition have a lot of outs and we’re expected to win.

It's another sell out tomorrow.
Regardless of whether Broncos have their players back or not, if we can't get up in front of a packed out home game with basically our season on the line, we should just start preparing for 2025 now.

But yes, then I remember I'm a Knights supporter and fully expect there to be a complete boilover and we get smashed tomorrow instead lol.

perverse

Referee
Meh. I’m not phased at all if they all play tbh. If we need them to have multiple key outs to win at home we wouldn’t make a peep in the finals if we made it anyway.

We also for whatever reason don’t deal well mentally when the opposition have a lot of outs and we’re expected to win.
Yeah it's less about us making the finals for me at this stage and more about just not wanting to be the Broncos springboard to the finals.

I feel like most of them will be extremely underdone anyway.
Walsh was limping for half the Origin game, Carrigan was in a moon boot only yesterday and Reynolds hasn't played for nearly 3 months.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Walsh could barely lift his arm up even after the game when he was holding his kid.

Carrigan is out right?

Reynolds has been out for a while and will lack match fitness. If we can dominate their forwards (quite possible with Haas backing up and Carrigan probably out) then Reynolds probably won’t get many chances to influence the game.

But yeah, as has previously been stated. If we can’t beat them (even close to full strength) in front of a sell out crowd at home then we don’t deserve to play finals.

Bloke in the other forum says that Gags and KP are definitely backing up, Best is 50/50. Lucas will play centre if Best is out.
Also, Elliott won't be playing tomorrow and Croker will start at lock.

Woody90

Juniors
I feel like most of them will be extremely underdone anyway.
Walsh was limping for half the Origin game, Carrigan was in a moon boot only yesterday and Reynolds hasn't played for nearly 3 months.

I just think it’s amusing that they think they need to rush their players back from injury to beat us. That’s a real misplaced overestimation of our squad lol.

mozza91

Coach
We’re gonna win. Broncos are shot and playing blokes who aren’t fit enough to be there. We’ll take advantage of that and get our biggest win of the year.

Latest posts