What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Milhouse2020

Juniors
I have an interesting question about the NRL expanding into WA.

Would establishing a team in Fremantle at the same time as establishing Perth be a good strategy for the NRL?

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Nuke

Staff member
If some weird turn of events brings about the chance of my Joondalup Giants being 'the' WA-based NRL club, there would have to be too many changes to the current club to be recognisable as the same club. For starters, the club colours would have to be overhauled, as we share the same colours as the Brisbane Broncos. Secondly, as the population of the Joondalup shire is only about 170,000, a wider-appealing name would have to be employed. A West Coast Giants, utilising our logo but different colours I'd be happy with.

But moreso, I'd prefer a completely separate entity representing the whole of Perth and WA, whether that be a reincarnated Reds, a back-from-the-dead Bears, or another moniker.

If some weird turn of events brings about the chance of my Joondalup Giants being 'the' WA-based NRL club, there would have to be too many changes to the current club to be recognisable as the same club. For starters, the club colours would have to be overhauled, as we share the same colours as the Brisbane Broncos. Secondly, as the population of the Joondalup shire is only about 170,000, a wider-appealing name would have to be employed. A West Coast Giants, utilising our logo but different colours I'd be happy with.

But moreso, I'd prefer a completely separate entity representing the whole of Perth and WA, whether that be a reincarnated Reds, a back-from-the-dead Bears, or another moniker.
I'd like to see a return of the Reds. We need a brand that's uniquely Australian.

Latest posts