What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket Sales for Second Test

carlnz

Bench
Just rang to get a couple more tickets today, and the lady i talked to said at a guess well over half the tickets have been sold and that they have been going banananas today.

Two mins later my mate just bought 24 tickets, we are taking some Canadians and yanks with us...we will get 20,000 easy!!

I think the capacitiy is 25,-28,000 so thats at least 13-14,000 tickets sold with 3 days to go.

However she said she had no comfirmed number!

LeagueNut

First Grade
If the game was played somewhere more "central" there would probably be a decent walk-up crowd. Ericsson Stadium is in the middle of an industrial area though.

I don't think that will matter for this Friday though, just like carlnz said we'll get 20k EASILY!

Scott

Bench
The radio this moring reported that 9000 had been sold.

Common Aucklanders, get to the game and support your country.

innsaneink

Referee
nospam49™ said:
C'Mon!

I want to see a sellout crowd of Kiwi's going off their heads!

Are you sure?

55927645.jpg

55927753.jpg

I knew we shouldnt have left early last week!:lol:

JK

Such an over reaction to some exuberant fans.

In years gone past a display like (fans running out to their heroes) would be treasured by a code. Now we pepper spray em. :?

innsaneink

Referee
JK said:
Such an over reaction to some exuberant fans.

In years gone past a display like (fans running out to their heroes) would be treasured by a code. Now we pepper spray em. :?

Its never been condoned, even when it was a common occurence in days gone by.

Yeah lets have our elite sportsmen/women surrounded by drunks after the game, you only need one thats slightly schizo, or whos medication works really well with booze and we have another Monica Seles incident.

seles_ferida.jpg

Back on topic, I hope its a sellout too, and I hope they all behave emselves....lets hope they can deal with a loss better than they do a win.

Lastest PAX Number reported was 11061, that was the other day. Don't know where the Radio was getting their figures from, or if this system even works the way we're thinking it does.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I was a little concerned that I managed to purchase 3 tickets next to each other in the North stand yesterday. Since those are the cheap seats I thought they might be gone.

JK

innsaneink said:
Its never been condoned, even when it was a common occurence in days gone by.

Yeah lets have our elite sportsmen/women surrounded by drunks after the game, you only need one thats slightly schizo, or whos medication works really well with booze and we have another Monica Seles incident.

seles_ferida.jpg

If you think crazy schizos can be stopped with the current security arrangements you are kidding yourself. Plus the Seles case was from an obsessed fan who needed no alcohol to fuel his derrangement. Perfect security can only be arranged if we all stay at home watching TV.

The flocking of security to some exeburent fans was overdone and not in the spirit of the game.

Humphrey

Juniors
Yeh I think Sat or Sun arvo would have been better and attracted more numbers. Realise in our nation where union is religion we couldnt dare have this Sat though
Ive got 10 people going so come on some of you others

carlnz

Bench
Ok guys i have some good news,

I bought to tickets yesterday morning with PAX 12,000, that afternoon my mate bought 24 tickets in the South stand and his Pax's were 14,5000!!

I spoke to ticket tek and they confirmed they have been going nuts since monday with ticket sales. The guy confirmed that Well over half have been sold and that only 8,-10,000 tickets left.

The only seats left are, South North stands and top of the Eastern and Western Stands.

I am sure The stadium holds 28,000 so we will and should get 20,000!!

JK

So we'll just say both games got 28,000 and forget about the capacity in sydney eh?? :oops:

innsaneink

Referee
JK said:
If you think crazy schizos can be stopped with the current security arrangements you are kidding yourself. Plus the Seles case was from an obsessed fan who needed no alcohol to fuel his derrangement. Perfect security can only be arranged if we all stay at home watching TV.

The flocking of security to some exeburent fans was overdone and not in the spirit of the game.

I never said any such security arrangemnets were perfect, I was just giving you another scenario which could result from "exuberant fans flocking onto the field"

The security/cops didnt act in the spirit of the game when dealing with trespassers???/:lol::lol:

I suppose that female cop that was smashed in the face shouldve asked her attacker to please stop it, rather than sprat her with pepper spray?

Id like to hear just how you think security should act, to keep the spirit of the game intact.

JK

innsaneink said:
I never said any such security arrangemnets were perfect, I was just giving you another scenario which could result from "exuberant fans flocking onto the field"

Sure, and one of them could have a bomb too, but we are not talking remote possibilities are we?

There was very little point in your posting the pictures in the first place other than a desire to whinge and complain about something. Why don't you go and do some disaster planning with ASIO instead of loitering here? :cool:

Latest posts