What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket Sales?

nqboy

First Grade
I was disappointed with 17,887 or whatever it was, should have been 20-25K. Sounds like the pricing kept a few away, as would have the absence of SBW and Benji.

phonetic

Juniors
The Melbourne Victory attendances have been amazing. I know there's no AFL around, but wow.

I think there'll be 30-35k there on Saturday night. Anything under 30k would be a bit disappointing. Hopefully both teams really turn it on. I'm sure it will start nice and firey after Saturday's affair.

My 6:15am flight is booked. It's going to be a big day in Mexico.

Gibbo

Juniors
http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=66770&c=w

Ill feeling remains in Tri Nations

Australian forward Willie Mason is looking for payback in the second of the Tri nations matches this weekend

A war of words is brewing ahead of game two in the Tri Nations rugby league series in Melbourne.

Kangaroos prop Willie Mason is vowing revenge after David Kidwell's big hit in Saturday night's opener.

Contrary to popular belief, Kidwell says he did not smash Mason in response to the Australian's verbal barrage while the Kiwis performed the haka.

Mason says Kidwell's hit was not big, it was cheap and he owes him one. He says that is just the way David Kidwell plays, and it is fine as long he runs down the middle of the field come Saturday night.

Kiwis coach Brian McClennan has continued his own verbal volley, saying the sport does not need what Willie Mason did. He says the game is tough enough, and Mason's action were a showing of poor sportsmanship.

Mason has told Australian League officials his verbal barrage during the haka in Auckland was directed at the Kiwis' Australian born fullback, Brent Webb.

The Auckland-born Mason told officials he was incensed at the hypocrisy of Webb, who was born in Cairns, performing the haka at Mt Smart Stadium. Mason is claiming he said: "He's an f---ing Aboriginal. What's he doing?"

There is still a fair amount of ill feeling with McClennan saying they are all fairly upset, although it will not probably boil over into the weekend's test in Melbourne. McClennan says they are disappointed in his actions, although it is only one man and they all realise he has been controversial in the past.

The Kiwis arrived in Melbourne last night, and they have been joined by three players based in the UK, Shontayne Hape, Motu Tony and Jason Cayless.

Meanwhile, the NZRL is not happy with Ticketek after a mixed turnout for Saturday's test.

Just 18,000 turned up to Mount Smart Stadium.

League chairman Sel Bennett says they are pretty happy with the crowd, considering most of the Ticketek outlets were closed during the week so fans only had limited options to purchase tickets.

Bennett believes Ticketek has some explaining to do. He says Australian and New Zealand officials met with Ticketek regarding the selling of tickets, and there was never any mention of several big outlets being closed the week of the test. Bennett says legal action is not out of the question.

Sel Bennett is also concerned at some unruly behaviour by fans.

An investigation has been launched into a glass bottle throwing incident in the first half, just after Simon Mannering had unsuccessfully chased Mark Gasnier.

The bottle was thrown as the pair lay on the ground, and Bennett says they will be taking a good look at the video today.

Last time i checked it was only a plastic bottle.

mikdalton

Juniors
heres hoping its a good crowd but I wouldnt hold my breath. Pity I cant go and make up the numbers. To a completely different game I purchased tickets to GB vs AUS today at aussie stadium with a pax of 11500 if that helps.

carlnz

Bench
just been quoted in the NZ papers this morning that the crowd for the opening tri nations match was just under 20,000. The glitch with ticket tek during the week caused some of the problems.

I thought it looked bigger than 17,000.

Latest posts