What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticketing - WTF?

JK

Why are our game day tickets so expensive (at $25 when at a stadium that gurantees income and holds 80 000 people) and also why can you not buy category 1 tix on game day??

This seems to be totally out of synch with what we were aiming to do and I cannot understand the logic. Souths and Tigers manage to sell their tix for $20 on the day, why not us??

(And I have a season pass so this doesn't even affect me)

The Bulldogs' 2006 NRL Season kicks off tomorrow night against the Panthers and you don't want to miss any of the action waiting in ticket queues.
There are two ways to avoid this problem - become a Bulldogs Season Member or pre-purchase your game tickets through Ticketek or Bulldogs TeamStores. You can then walk up to the Stadium, show the attendant your pass or ticket, and head straight to your seat. No waiting outside in queues and hearing the crowd inside enjoying the game.

To find out about Bulldogs Season Membership packages click here. As an added bonus, for the next seven days, we will deduct the price of the ticket for the Round 1 game from the membership package you purchase. For example, the adult Ultimate Package price would go from $260 to $230.
In addition to skipping queues, pre-purchasing your ticket also gives you a saving of up to 33% over the game day ticket price at Telstra Stadium.

Adult - Pre/Game day
Category 1: $30/not avail*
Category 2: $20/$25 (save 20%)

Concession - Pre/Game day
Category 1: $20/not avail*
Category 2: $15/$20 (save 25%)

Child - Pre/Game day
Category 1: $15/not avail*
Category 2: $10/$15 (save 33%)

Family - Pre/Game day
Category 1: $80/not avail*
Category 2: $50/$70 (save 29%)

* Please note that Category 1 tickets are not available on the day of the game from the Telstra Stadium box office.
Category 1 seating is from try line to try line.
Category 2 seats are behind the goal posts/corner posts.

JK

Oh, one other thing.

I wrote to the Bulldogs and suggested that they have an offer whereby the season ticklet price is reduced for those who have a ticket to round 1! They actually listened to my idea!

Sure, I would have advertised that fact a little better but what the heck, they actually listened.

***MH***

Bench
i guess its to keep true supporters where the action is and the bandwagon troublesome element walk-up supporters away from the cat 1 spectators.
i think its a smart move, crowd control wise.

JK

I think the only good thing about it is that is spreads the crowd out and covers some of the gaps behind goal.

Bad thing - we turn away people who don't want to pay $25 for seating that far from the field.

ibeme

First Grade
It may be that they've taken this approach with the notion that some of the troublemakers will be deterred by the price.

atomic_crimson

Juniors
when buying at the game do they take down your details?

the idea maybe to get people to purchase them from ticketek... that way you are required to give your personal details and its now on record...

Rammo

Juniors
The best value is buying a season pass.

$80 for all home games plus others at Telstra Stadium, as opposed to $25 for each game, much much cheaper to buy a season ticket.

griffo346

First Grade
Rammo i aint a doggies fan okay but wat kind of season ticket is the 80 buck one for ur club

the cheepest my club does it for is is 140 for a general admin season pass

but its cheeper on game days altho we dont have a full standed stadium we have hills also :D

TICKET PRICING FOR CUA

General Admission:
Advance Purchase - Adult $16; Concession $7; Family $35
Game Day Purchase - Adult $18; Concession $9; Family $40

Grandstands:
Advance Purchase - Adult $28; Concession $18; Family $60
Game Day Purchase - Adult $30; Concession $20; Family $70

Terraces:
Advance Purchase - Adult $20; Concession $11; Family $50
Game Day Purchase - Adult $22; Concession $13; Family $55

Note: Family = 2 adults plus 2 children

SEASON TICKETS

General Admission: Adult $140; Concession $60; Family $310
Reserved Grandstand: Adult $240; Concession $150; Family $550; Extra Child $90
Reserved Terrace: Adult $175; Concession $95; Family $430; Extra Child $60

ByRd

First Grade
The season pass is "The Kennel" season pass which for Concession is $80 only.

ByRd

First Grade
The season pass is "The Kennel" season pass which for Concession is $80 only.

Apple Blossom

Juniors
Those prices are good compared to what we pay at Suncorp Stadium. Prices start at $25 and go up to $43 for a category one ticket.

JK

They could fit in so many more with slightly lower prices. $25 is too high for crap seats.

Sigh.

bad_doggy_bad

Juniors
Well, when our games have the highest Security and Police Presence, which our club pays for, its only logical that the ticket price is going to be a little higher than average. However tickets for brookvale are more expensive than ours... If it weren't for the F@#R%wits then it could be possible to see cheaper tickets..

Latest posts