What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tickets for Tigers v Souths????

colonel_123

Juniors
miguel de cervantes said:
How do they and who works out when to SHUT THE GATE!

In 2005 Steve Noyce (Wests Tigers CEO) basically walked around the ground and about 20 minutes before the match started decided that the ground was full enough and ordered the gate attendents not to let any more fans into the game.

brooksy19

Bench
colonel_123 said:
In 2005 Steve Noyce (Wests Tigers CEO) basically walked around the ground and about 20 minutes before the match started decided that the ground was full enough and ordered the gate attendents not to let any more fans into the game.
Hi Tech system to ensure crowd safety :lol:

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
From weststigers.com.au

WESTS TIGERS MAKE HISTORY BY SELLING OUT LEICHHARDT OVAL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leichhardt Oval is officially sold out for the ‘Game of the Season’ between Wests Tigers and South Sydney Rabbitohs on Sunday, August 26, at 3pm.

The last 500 tickets went on sale this morning from Wests Tigers office at Concord Oval with hundreds of supporters from both teams lining up.

“It is the first time in the Wests Tigers history have sold out of tickets for a game at Leichhardt Oval,’’ said Wests Tigers CEO Steve Noyce.

“It is also the first time a Wests Tigers game at our home ground venues has been sold out before match day.

“The atmosphere at Leichhardt Oval will be electric and we encourage supporters to get to the ground early.’’

Wests Tigers also re-instate the message sent out on Wednesday that children with school rugby league passes will not be able to use these passes to gain entry. The only passes accepted will be the gold and green NRL passes.

“The conditions on the passes state that they can be used subject to availability and we have now reached the capacity limit,’’ Noyce added.

“We apologise for any inconvenience caused, however, the demand for tickets for this game has been overwhelming and it has forced our hand.

“Tickets for the Wests Tigers and Souths match have been on sale for the past three weeks which has given supporters of both teams plenty of time to purchase tickets.

“Wests Tigers even took the pro-active step of going to the Souths versus Manly game on Monday night at Telstra Stadium to sell tickets to Rabbitohs supporters for the game at Leichhardt Oval.

“Not many other clubs would do this for an opposition team.’’

The ground record crowd for Leichhardt Oval is 22,877 - set in round 20 against Souths in 2005.

ucantseeme

Juniors
I have been to Leichhardt when there were 18,000 there and you cant move. I was sitting on the concourse steps like many others. The thought of being there amongst 22,000+ would be scary.

But I assume most of the crowd would use to it from the Cityrail experience. But as for a safety issue, I'd be worried.

colonel_123

Juniors
ucantseeme said:
I have been to Leichhardt when there were 18,000 there and you cant move. I was sitting on the concourse steps like many others. The thought of being there amongst 22,000+ would be scary.

But I assume most of the crowd would use to it from the Cityrail experience. But as for a safety issue, I'd be worried.

I was on the hill for the 2005 match when there were almost 23000 people there and I wasn't ever scared or worried for my safety. In fact it didn't really feel that much different from when there's 17000 or 18000...

Most of all was the fact that the crowd was in good spirits, the sun was out and the whole thing had a great relaxed atmosphere.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
colonel_123 said:
I was on the hill for the 2005 match when there were almost 23000 people there and I wasn't ever scared or worried for my safety. In fact it didn't really feel that much different from when there's 17000 or 18000...

Most of all was the fact that the crowd was in good spirits, the sun was out and the whole thing had a great relaxed atmosphere.

I guess it is really a problem of spreading everybody out, but how the hell are you supposed to do that? We need to employ a few of those Japanese train station attendents to squeeze everyone into different sections around the ground.

http://www.japanwindow.com/index.php?showimage=228

Raider_69

Post Whore
Missa said:
just heard on nrl on fox they said that u can't use the school footy passes for entry..is that correct???? so u have to have a ticket????

correct
footy passes dont count on sell outs

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Hopefully there is a power outage in Redfern so Souffs fans can't watch the game. Would be better for them anyway, as watching their team conceede 50 points could almost be too much.

innsaneink

Referee
hybrid_tiger said:
Hopefully there is a power outage in Redfern so Souffs fans can't watch the game. Would be better for them anyway, as watching their team conceede 50 points could almost be too much.

No....theyre used to it...its an annual event.

Latest posts