What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tidbits from Lastnight.

Kornstar

Coach
I thought Jeremy had his best game last week, unfortunately last night he didn't back it up, Timmy at his worst this year was better than Jeremy last night imo

StEely Matt

Juniors
Tahu won't be back this year?

What is exactly wrong with him?

Thats such a shame if he doesn't come back this season.. he would provide some more spark for us come the last couple of rounds and the finals... more than what Benny has done (Sorry to those Benny lovers out there... I just think Timana was going better than Ben this season before he got injured...), not saying that Benny has done anything wrong - he's been pretty solid last 2 games.

Hurriflatch said:
but look how Parra looked when Timmy was out there

what was it 2 wins from 12 games??

yeah that that was definitely timmys fault :roll:

his form before his injury was 10x dusty's best, albeit not at his 2005 form.

dazeely

First Grade
Kornstar said:
I thought Jeremy had his best game last week, unfortunately last night he didn't back it up, Timmy at his worst this year was better than Jeremy last night imo

I agree.

CrazyEel

Bench
pazzaeel said:
we looked no worse in the 2nd half with jeremy on the sideline which leads me to beleive he does nothing. hes not a bad player but he doesnt provide much spark..
True, in fact I think we looked better.

caylo

Bench
no he was dropped 4 two of those games, and i think it was 3 wins, remember he was there for the begining of our streak... and he set the world on fire against the knights b4 halftime

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tim Smith at his lowest point this year still had a halfway dangerous kicking game when in the opposition's 20 metre zone. Jeremy is too inconsistent...

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah, we look the same when Jeremy is off the park so I don't really think we need him there.

Actually, I thought Morris is better at half.

Who played 5/8th when Jeremy was off??

For mine, Timmy at SIX.

1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. Odie
4. Smith
5. Grothe
6. Timmy
7. Morris

WHY? Morris gets caught too much with the ball at 5/8th. However, if he passes from 1st receiver, Timmy has more time. Morris can also run at the line if he sees a gap.

Morris can also kick in attack like his kick to Burt. Morris actually plays better with Timmy not there because he lets Timmy control. However, if Morris is at 7, he can get more involved with Timmy chiming in with Cameo performances.

eel4life

Juniors
When Tim came back against Melbourne he has been playing well, and against newcastle he was getting back to his best.

between rounds 1 - 10 the whole team didnt really play that well.

From round 11 - now we have been playing well, but if you were to pick tim or jeremy its a tough call but i would pick tim due to him being able to do abit more with his kicking and passing game, but thats only if he is 100%.

This year hurts more due to the team having so much potential, but from now on whatever happens is fine with me due to the team working hard to get themselves back into this position.

Utey

Coach
Dont be to drilled into the fact that if a player wears 7 he plays halfback. Morris has been first reciever and kicker for most of the game. He is really playing the halfback role with Jez slipping in and taking off the pressure when need be (well trying).

pazzaeel

Juniors
does anyone think that jeremy might be in trouble for a swinging arm about midway through the 1st half?? wasnt put on report but it was a penalty. i think the tackle was on poore. it looked like he jumped and got him fair across the mouth.

you could say that dusty left poore a bit dusty.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Piggy, Widders and Chalky all shared the job from what I could see

RAM

Juniors
As much as I am one of Tim's greatest fans, I wouldn't want to rush him back into the side. Lets look at a couple of things on how we have been going in his absence.
1. Jeremy has been playing with the No.7 on his back and we have won 7.
2. Our team confidence is rising every week.
3. Morris and Jeremy seem to have a good combo going.

I think it might be added pressure to Tim, to thrust him back into the side first up. If we lose in his first game back the Doom Brigade will be blaming Tim for It.

I would start him off the bench and interchange him with Morris/ Smith and see how we go. Just my thoughts anyway.

mickdo

Coach
RAM said:
As much as I am one of Tim's greatest fans, I wouldn't want to rush him back into the side. Lets look at a couple of things on how we have been going in his absence.
1. Jeremy has been playing with the No.7 on his back and we have won 7.
2. Our team confidence is rising every week.
3. Morris and Jeremy seem to have a good combo going.

I think it might be added pressure to Tim, to thrust him back into the side first up. If we lose in his first game back the Doom Brigade will be blaming Tim for It.

I would start him off the bench and interchange him with Morris/ Smith and see how we go. Just my thoughts anyway.
I agree, and I can't believe JT would be that cavalier in putting him straight back in the starting side either.