What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Did exactly what was required there with little fuss resulting in a nice win with a solid F/A bump. We are humming along now and perfectly placed to have a real good crack at this comp.

There isn't really a great deal more to say on this game as I felt we were completely in control for the whole game. Even though we scored 40 points I thought we could have been a bit more ruthless in attack but I was more concerned about the defensive effort once we got out to a lead. The defence was very good and tigers weren't completely useless in attack. Robbo would be absolutely filthy at not keeping the clean sheet in the end.

The negative out of the match obviously is Manu's injury. A fractured hand can be anywhere from 4-12 weeks depending on location and type of fracture. Hopefully it is at the lower end and with 2 byes in the next 6 weeks he won't miss too many games. Even a worse case scenario though suggests he will be back for finals.

3 Teddy
2 Watson
1 Rads

I could have easily give points to any number of others but the above stood out to me.

On this week's ladder watch, we are now sitting pretty in 4th, 2 points clear of the teams in the 5-8 positions. However, we have one bye in hand on 3 of those teams and a way superior points differential meaning we may as well be 5 points ahead of them. Above us, we were done two favours by the dogs and cowboys and we are now on the same amount of wins as Penrith and Sharks but two points behind due to those teams having an extra bye.

We really need to just get the job done next week against the dragons leading in to our 2nd bye and let the chaos hopefully happen around us. The key issue we have is obviously the centre stocks with Manu, Suali'i, Pauga, Jennings and B Smith all unavailable. We could debut Ethan King but for the sake of one game I reckon we might just stick with Watson and Sitilli in the role.

EDIT:

In great news, the club only expects Manu to miss a month

With the aforementioned 2 byes my gut feeling is he returns for the Parra game in round 24 but potentially plays in round 22 against the Dolphins.

Last edited:
Thought the boys left some points on the table tbh. While they were clinical in the first half, they were a touch sloppy in the second. It’s not that I would like them to run up a score so much, although that’s always nice, I just want them to be ruthless. It’s what we’ll need them to be when we meet Penrith/Storm in the finals.

Defence looked good but thought Tigers didn’t really threaten much. Their last tackle options didn’t exist much and looked pretty sideways for most of the game.

Stoked that Teddy had a crackin’ game again and made a ton of yards. Two solid games in a row from Cheese and an 80min effort to boot. Thought May monstered them whenever he ran. He made Sezer look quite feeble when he crossed for his first try. Pleased with how well Sitilli and Connor filled in at centre. Must admit, I’m a bit bummed at Sitilli leaving. I know his form has been hit-and-miss since injured but thought he could regain it with time. The targeting of Collins by Tigers made the game quite eventful and I loved every minute of it. Shout out to both halves who are working beautifully together.

Injury to Manu was a downer. Left the stadium thinking he was gone for the season and the club’s premiership chances gone with him. So good to hear it’s minor compared to first fears. Anyone know what’s going on with Jared? I know he’s playing less minutes these days but don’t recall him coming on in the second half. I know he was nursing a lower back strain there for a while.

3. Teddy
2. Rads
1. Watson

H.H

Juniors
3 - Ted
2 - May
1 - Rads

Honorable mention to Watson who could easily have gotten a point.

Re. Jared, I reckon Robbo recognised the luxury of resting him after that first 25 as his record breaking game is this week so no possibility of injury or him doing something stupid like he did last year. Doesn't hurt at his age to limit minutes when the result is not in question. He'll play a few more this week - hope the weather is decent so we can get a good turnout.

Latest posts