What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers doco

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Foxsports behind the scenes tigers doco starting this week looks like it will be entertaining. Who doesn’t like to see the coach swearing at his players!

Chippy73

Bench
Geez Madge swears a lot, "f**king" literally every third or forth word, honestly made me think a bit less of him as a coach...I'm not some wowser, I just find that people who have to swear that much to make a point usually aren't that bright.

Wizardman

First Grade
Geez Madge swears a lot, "f**king" literally every third or forth word, honestly made me think a bit less of him as a coach...I'm not some wowser, I just find that people who have to swear that much to make a point usually aren't that bright.
It is a football dressing room, not a primary school classroom. Madge does not swear at inappropriate moments. He is just being authentic for the situation.

Chippy73

Bench
It is a football dressing room, not a primary school classroom. Madge does not swear at inappropriate moments. He is just being authentic for the situation.
If it was almost anyone but an NRL footy coach I would think it was put on for the cameras to give that "authentic" vibe, Madge doesn't strike me as the dishonest shallow type though so I have no doubt its genuine.

Chimp

Bench
He appears to be doing all the right things from a team culture perspective - getting them to agree their own mottos and ‘ways of being’, but he’s just got the wrong cattle as plenty of em don’t give a rats…. You can tell he’s really having to force the message of how important it is to them, he’s trying to sell their own values to them, because deep down he and they know, they don’t care about winning and becoming a tight knit group as much as he does. They just don’t have that same desire to be the best they can be.
One thing that I think is clear though, there’s no warmth between players and coach - it’s all very forced and almost awkward. Even when he’s talking to players, it’s almost uncomfortable, there’s no natural rapport. When he invites players to speak to the team, they don’t speak naturally, you can almost see them second guessing and trying to say what they think Madge wants them to say, rather than what they really think. I’m sure part of this will all be down to them knowing cameras are there and feeling awkward, but it’s not good signs.

He appears to be doing all the right things from a team culture perspective - getting them to agree their own mottos and ‘ways of being’, but he’s just got the wrong cattle as plenty of em don’t give a rats…. You can tell he’s really having to force the message of how important it is to them, he’s trying to sell their own values to them, because deep down he and they know, they don’t care about winning and becoming a tight knit group as much as he does. They just don’t have that same desire to be the best they can be.
One thing that I think is clear though, there’s no warmth between players and coach - it’s all very forced and almost awkward. Even when he’s talking to players, it’s almost uncomfortable, there’s no natural rapport. When he invites players to speak to the team, they don’t speak naturally, you can almost see them second guessing and trying to say what they think Madge wants them to say, rather than what they really think. I’m sure part of this will all be down to them knowing cameras are there and feeling awkward, but it’s not good signs.

Part of that comes from many of the players not being ones Maguire assisted in recruiting for the Tigers. That's why there appears to be such a disconnect between him and a good chunk of the playing group.

OzDragon

Coach
There was a scene towards the end where he's swearing his tits off after a game and there's a little girl sitting next to Roberts right next to him.

She probably shouldn't have been there anyway but still.

Nealo 12

Bench
There was a scene towards the end where he's swearing his tits off after a game and there's a little girl sitting next to Roberts right next to him.

Jets girlfriend ?

This Year?

Immortal
Waiting for the next episode. I thought they said that an episode would drop every week. Maybe I was mistaken.

AJB1102

First Grade

hahaha and that kid looked like the only person in the room listening to Madge.