What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers doco

Vee

First Grade
I would have penalised Douehi for breaching the spirit of the game for his carry-on against Reynolds.

Jim Rockford

Bench
I guess my memory of him at Souths is different. Would have been a lot easier on his sanity

I think I can only remember one game distinctly where he had a press conference blow up
He was definitely more relaxed with us. I only remember him red-lining a couple of times so that when he did it would have achieved the desired result. Once you start losing it regularly the players just tune it out.

blaza88z

Coach
They need to show a different side of him for the sake of the fans

It can't be a thing where every time he addresses the players it's fk this, fk that and I can't imagine it would be, maybe Fox are only airing the over the top bits but it just makes him look like someone with an anger management issue

stryker

First Grade
As a tigers supporter;

Ep1 was interesting yet kind of dull
Ep2 was depressing
Ep3 was uplifting and hopeful

Ep4 …this will be demoralising as it will involve the flogging by Parra, the annihilation by Storm and the very lacklustre flogging by Souths where even they played shit. We lost this 3 game passage 144-50 and it showed exactly where the club is compared to the competition contenders.

We‘ve had 3 wins since then which says more about our opposition than us.

Fair play to whoever at tigers agreed to this, it’s the best viewing in fox this year! Poor madge and his roller coaster ride!
I watched ep2 last night… loved it.. and…

when it got to the dragons game, I knew our loss was coming, but….

seeing it from the tigers point of view, and the heartache from Madge n others from the games before… it was actually great to watch from a “good on ‘em” standpoint.

I really hope Maguire succeeds long term with them.

Sims to beat

Juniors
Just finished Episode 3 and am really enjoying it - Madge is the star (just hope it is not a kiss-of-death ala Sunderland FC).

One thing I can't understand is Justin Pascoe - forget the bad hair (toupee/illness?) - the guy just doesn't come across as a savvy operator. His meeting with Harry T was embarrassing. I wonder why you would want a Victorian as CEO of an NRL club - surely having league in your blood should be a pre-requisite.

Anyway, I now have a better sense as to why the club seems to underperform.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just finished Episode 3 and am really enjoying it - Madge is the star (just hope it is not a kiss-of-death ala Sunderland FC).

One thing I can't understand is Justin Pascoe - forget the bad hair (toupee/illness?) - the guy just doesn't come across as a savvy operator. His meeting with Harry T was embarrassing. I wonder why you would want a Victorian as CEO of an NRL club - surely having league in your blood should be a pre-requisite.

Anyway, I now have a better sense as to why the club seems to underperform.
I’d say a really smart and savvy business brain would be more Important for a ceo than where you were born. You’re right though he doesn’t come across as particularly high performaning, a bit like their shoddy transportables that are their office and excellence training centre! With so much money in the league clubs and a billionaire backer how come they don’t have better facilities than that?

Sims to beat

Juniors
I’d say a really smart and savvy business brain would be more Important for a ceo than where you were born. You’re right though he doesn’t come across as particularly high performaning, a bit like their shoddy transportables that are their office and excellence training centre! With so much money in the league clubs and a billionaire backer how come they don’t have better facilities than that?
Thanks for the reasoned response. I generally agree with your first point. My concern is we are dealing with a parochial/tribal business. The malcontents (and every club has them) find it easier to stir up dissent when an outsider is involved. And the bad hair doesn’t help. 😵💫

gordsy

Juniors
Harry T is a sponsor from memory but he doesn't put money into the club like Politis does for the Roosters.
As for Pasco he must have some friends with Wests as they run the show these days as they have the $$$.

has a meeting with a bloke who has been a fan for upwards of 50 years and is worth over $10billion…..and gives him a jacket