What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Match Thread

mrpwnd

Bench
Hayne was quiet however he set up a few linebreaks in the first half through some fine offloads and delivered some good passes to Tahu at the back end of the game. I am more dissapointed with our defensive reads earlier on in the game just terrible at times...however did improve later in the game but once again too little too late for parra
You know someone is good when a few linebreaks and offloads/passes is considered quiet. I do agree, he was quiet though.

Our defense is terrible, our sliding defense was so incredibly slow that the tigers could have used their mouths to blow the ball along the ground to spread the ball and it still would have caused a 4 on 1 along the edges.

boxhead

First Grade
i think we missed grothe a lot this season

Definitely agree. His dummy half runs from our 20 are invaluable; he makes so many metres for us, and has a great combination with Joel Reddy. Krisnan obviously has the better attacking talent, but unfortuneately Krisnan has been out of form for a goodly portion of this year and Grothe could have helped us so much. We need to keep Grothe.

mrpwnd

Bench
Definitely agree. His dummy half runs from our 20 are invaluable; he makes so many metres for us, and has a great combination with Joel Reddy. Krisnan obviously has the better attacking talent, but unfortuneately Krisnan has been out of form for a goodly portion of this year and Grothe could have helped us so much. We need to keep Grothe.
I like how he doesn't just work off dummy half and can also play 1st/2nd reciever too. It's a pity he's a qlder, i wouldn't mind seeing this kid get a shot for the blues.

Brenno75

Juniors

I do agree, but is he actually injured still? he doesn't seem like he want to come back

Runaround Man

Juniors
As brilliant as Mateo is I think we will be better without him.

Our whole stop start season reflects very closely Mateo season. Some weeks he is on fire and other weeks he has nothing. Interesting though, since siging with the Warriors he has suddenly looked very lethal.

yy_cheng

Coach
As brilliant as Mateo is I think we will be better without him.

Our whole stop start season reflects very closely Mateo season. Some weeks he is on fire and other weeks he has nothing. Interesting though, since siging with the Warriors he has suddenly looked very lethal.

I thought DA unleashed him 2 weeks ago. He is offloading anytime anywhere. Not like the games before the 2 weeks prior.

hindy111

Post Whore
Parras season is like a P$%K teaser.Just gives enough to keep you intrested but each time you think your about to taste the pie your denied :)

alien

Referee
Parra are lucky that they didn't lose by alot more than 2 points. Wests bombed atleast 3 tries and in the second half the refs were giving Parra alot of penalties to keep them in the game. I can't believe so many people are blaming the refs for Parra losing. Parra had 2 Haynes on their side today, and still lost.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parra are lucky that they didn't lose by alot more than 2 points. Wests bombed atleast 3 tries and in the second half the refs were giving Parra alot of penalties to keep them in the game. I can't believe so many people are blaming the refs for Parra losing. Parra had 2 Haynes on their side today, and still lost.[/QUOTE

well the Tigers have two sides so i guess it is even.

Das Hassler

Bench
A packed home ground and 7-0 in the second half penalties...what more do you need?..the Tigers deserved it because they played as if they were the ones fighting for THEIR season ...had a thought about Hayne..he's bigger, faster and fitter than Hindmarsh but can you imagine him doing the hard slog in the forwards?...i can't

mrpwnd

Bench
Parras season is like a P$%K teaser.Just gives enough to keep you intrested but each time you think your about to taste the pie your denied :)
Holy crap, you just about described parra in the best possible way.
BUT I WANT MY GODDAM PIE ALREADY.

mrpwnd

Bench
A packed home ground and 7-0 in the second half penalties...what more do you need?..the Tigers deserved it because they played as if they were the ones fighting for THEIR season ...had a thought about Hayne..he's bigger, faster and fitter than Hindmarsh but can you imagine him doing the hard slog in the forwards?...i can't
I wouldn't say bigger. He's got a VERY lean build, thus why he'd be horrible as a forward. Different builds for different positions, although Hayne is pretty damn huge for a fullback.

forward pass

Coach
Tigers completly out played us today and really we were lucky to be still in the game at half time. The score line flattered us. The tigers are the real deal watch out Dragons.

Well said. I totally agree.

Hayne was our worst player? i can think of one worse and that would've been Cayless or even Inu.

I am glad Caylo wont be with us next year. Great club man and credit to him, but he really offers us nothing at all. Any bloke who cant score a try for three seasons is not offering much. (and don't say it s not the job of props to score tries. Any one who is alert and hungry will pick up a try sooner or later.)

As for Hayne - I will say one thing. His play in the last seconds to pick up a crap pass from KK with the defence charging on him, and step past two defenders and slip the pass to Tahu was complete and utter briliiance.

oldmancraigy

Coach
i think we missed grothe a lot this season

I concur.

We always miss him when Cayless is in the team - Grothe makes the 'strong' hitups that Cayless doesn't make. Cayless does a great job grinding out meters on the back of others hard work - but Grothe is the one the opposition fear to tackle.

Maybe Inu was told to 'be like Eric' - but he interpreted that as 'drop the ball when you're playing it and throw wild passes out the back" - no Krisnan, not THAT part of Erics game...

84 Baby

Referee
I concur.

We always miss him when Cayless is in the team - Grothe makes the 'strong' hitups that Cayless doesn't make. Cayless does a great job grinding out meters on the back of others hard work - but Grothe is the one the opposition fear to tackle.

Maybe Inu was told to 'be like Eric' - but he interpreted that as 'drop the ball when you're playing it and throw wild passes out the back" - no Krisnan, not THAT part of Erics game...
FMD first Burt, now Cayless. At least we know it's not just a hate brigade against Burt. You're age-ist? Seems odd considering you're moniker? Perhaps you just like young people?

Parra Guru

Coach

FMD you're on fire today aren't ya?

INU has hands down been the worst outside back all year. He's always thrown the dumb offloads and doesn't ever get his hands dirty. At least Grothe runs straight and hard.

oldmancraigy

Coach
FMD first Burt, now Cayless. At least we know it's not just a hate brigade against Burt. You're age-ist? Seems odd considering you're moniker? Perhaps you just like young people?

How is that a dig against Cayless?

Unless you think that Cayless' game style is to bust them up the centre with his power running game????

Cayless does a great job grinding out meters

Pretty sure I wrapped Cayless - but was saying that we miss Grothe.

For the record, both of them are old, and I reckon very good first graders.

And the very fact that you mention Burt in here proves the point I'm making elsewhere.....

84 Baby

Referee
How is that a dig against Cayless?

Unless you think that Cayless' game style is to bust them up the centre with his power running game????

Pretty sure I wrapped Cayless - but was saying that we miss Grothe.

For the record, both of them are old, and I reckon very good first graders.

And the very fact that you mention Burt in here proves the point I'm making elsewhere.....

Sorry must of misinterpreted,

I thought you meant Grothe does a better job of prop than Cayless does because Cayless doesn't make strong hitups, and that metres Cayless does make are no making of his own but due to other peoples hard work... but hey when you just paraphrase it to,

Cayless does a great job grinding out meters

it does sound like a compliment