What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Some agro for the rest of the year.

Sacked him after the NY incident but he has turned his life around, so why not for the the rest of the year, let him play for a contract, get more minutes out of him than Mikaele & Tamoh
I recall reading somewhere when he was at Bronco's that he held it against WT for being sacked. I hope thats wrong and that with some reflection (and yes, getting his life sorted) its just one of those things that had to happen. Dunno if he comes here but I dont bear him any ill will now. I hope he gets something somewhere.

he held it against WT for being sacked

I didn't realise that Magpie, so he was a goose in NYC and held it against his employer for sacking him, proves that you don't have to have a long neck to be a goose.

I'd still invite him back for the rest of the year.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Lol yep it's the Tigers fault he threatened to kill a child and their mother and get himself locked up.

I'm all for giving people second chances but fk me Lodge is a difficult one to bring back into the fold after what happened.

I heard a rumour about Kade Dykes. Haven't heard much of him but apparently he's a very good fullback.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Lol yep it's the Tigers fault he threatened to kill a child and their mother and get himself locked up.

I'm all for giving people second chances but fk me Lodge is a difficult one to bring back into the fold after what happened.

I heard a rumour about Kade Dykes. Haven't heard much of him but apparently he's a very good fullback.
Also heard about us showing interest in the Penrith NSW cup fullback who is a cousin of Api K.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
who knows where this vacant slot will be filled- like for like replacement, another backrow or a fullback. Any option possible. The next week or so will tell.

Pezz70

Juniors
Meh, plenty of wingers look like turnstyles when their inside men don't number up or slide properly. Nofo isn't the first and he won't be the last.
True. I have in the past recognised this when Nofo was getting smashed on here. He is so much better when he straightens up his attack. It seems such a little thing to fix, he has the occasional game where he does and he looks fantastic but too much sideways, especially on kick returns which are so important in building momentum at the beginning of a set. A good return almost always leads to a strong set

gordsy

Juniors
Hetherington is tough but also a dope. I have seen Gus say plenty of people have tried to get through to him about being tough in your carries not trying to smash everyone in every tackle but he is too much of a thick merkin to get it.
We do need some depth in the pack though, another 3 forwards and would be ideal. Our backs needs depth too but they won't win you games if you aren't going forward.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Even tho Brooks has been known to hang on to his spot like Madges left testicle I’m picking AD as a second playmaker in the halves so that potential try’s and half chances are not wasted. Then with Laurie back at fullback and our centre positions strong with Toa and Naden we have a dangerous backline .... Nofo is a worry. That’s about 4 weeks with concussion?
The Brooks /Hastings thing looks like it’s a goer to me. They go pretty well together have combined for some really nice try scoring plays recently. I do see merit in the Douehi side too, Douehi is a pretty big boy and will attract defenders he is quite strong in the upper body and can break tackles and offload, can be a great attribute for a 5/8 to be able to take the ball deep into the line

Tiger Ted

Bench
The Brooks /Hastings thing looks like it’s a goer to me. They go pretty well together have combined for some really nice try scoring plays recently. I do see merit in the Douehi side too, Douehi is a pretty big boy and will attract defenders he is quite strong in the upper body and can break tackles and offload, can be a great attribute for a 5/8 to be able to take the ball deep into the line
I’d be picking AD ahead of Brooks at 5/8 everyday of the wk.

Tigerm

First Grade
I like AD as a center going forward.

I think hes big, strong and smart enough to make it work especially if hes getting quality ball from the halves.
Yep, I think him and Naden would work for us in the centre? Though I would like to see him have a go at FB?
Not sure where To’a would end up though? Maybe replace Nofa?

Shredder

Juniors
We bought AD as a fullback and he played there early on with us and at Souths to.

Hes just too slow for FB I think.

I wouldnt mind seeing this (just to try it out):

1 To'a
2 Laurie / Nofo
3 AD
4 Naden
5 Ken

Latest posts