What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers to call Homebush Bay home - BULLSHIT

King Tigerman

Juniors
cause it will be only 2 1/2 years till the next state election thats how long well have to wait

also i personally think the club wants more saturday night games

innsaneink

Referee
Palms said:
Hope im not being to naive but Noyce did say that it was only temporary until the ovals got revamped..just a thought

Yeah I agree palms....I want to believe Noyce and I hope i'm nopt being naive as well....I WANT to believe that WestsTigers best interests are the first and foremost motives here, but theres always that niggling doubt where you just gotta say to youreself "well, we just gotta wait and see."

tigermania

Juniors
Well finally some positive news. Good job Steve Noyce at least you are doing your job and trying to make the Tigers MONEY.Unfortunatly many people think you run a buisness at a loss and it becomes a success... these people probable work for the government on welfare or at Uni!!!.Don't worry about the blow hards raving and ranting for every one of these that will boycott the games there will be 10 supporters going to TELTSRA in there place to finally have decent facilities that belies the new MILLINIUM... can't believe there has been a decision to MAKE SOME MONEY at last GIVE NOCYE A RAISE.

Stellar

Juniors
spot on unfortunately in the modern world of rugby league a clubs bottom line is more important than maintaining a clubs tradition. sad but true. id rather a team that plays albeit at a big most probably 1/4 full ground than having no team at all because we persist at playing at grounds that arent financially viable

mikey

Juniors
tigermania said:
Well finally some positive news. Good job Steve Noyce at least you are doing your job and trying to make the Tigers MONEY.

There's nothing wrong with raising money but it could easily be done at Leichardt or Campbelltown with upgrades.

tigermania said:
Don't worry about the blow hards raving and ranting for every one of these that will boycott the games there will be 10 supporters going to TELTSRA in there place to finally have decent facilities that belies the new MILLINIUM.

Decent facilities? A view from Alaska is decent? $50 million for a beer and pie?

You're right in one thing - the logic does belie the new millenium (suggest you check the meaning of the word outside of your vocabulary range before you use it) ;-) - we're supposed to make smarter moves not dumber ones. The smarter move is to fix up the traditional bases.

tigermania said:
can't believe there has been a decision to MAKE SOME MONEY at last GIVE NOCYE A RAISE.

Unfortunately, that's probably why we're doing more games there. :?

arw76

Juniors
Why don't they play at Campbelltown when L.O is being renovated and visa versa when campbelltown is being renovated?

homebush is a f@#king joke

wonder how many emails Noyce will be receiving over this

if it is true about moving to Homebush for renevations to occur Thats fine
Why don't they play at Campbelltown when L.O is being renovated and visa versa when campbelltown is being renovated

if we can play these games at homebush instead we will make money so that ctown can get an upgrade after well i hope that is it anyway

Nitekrwlr

Juniors
I love Leichardt with a passion.

But we can't play there until something is done about the parking and the traffic

Mighty Tiger

Bench
B_Tiger said:
IanRitchie said:
Don't leave Leichardt you idiots.

100% agree. the dumbest plan yet produced by an incompetent board, swimming in an ocean of terrible decisions.

The thing is it really isn't a terrible decision from a companies point of view they are certain to make money whilst taking 1 game from Leichhardt and 2 games from Campbeltown for next season - we still get 3 games with all going to plan and thats better than none at all especially given that the WTS want to make enough money in the short term to arrange for some funding for upgrades at certain stadiums

I don't agree with it and I do think from a supporters view its stupid but I can see why they have done this - Yesterdays crowd has put the WTS for the year on ground spenditure etc out of the red which is terrible

I guess the only thing they could really do is what the Sharks and Storm requested and thats play games only on Saturday afternoons or on Sunday

RifRaf

Juniors
This excuse of "we are doing this so we can fix our traditional bases" only came about very recently. STR are yet to get any commitment of possible funds from either Wests Tigers or Balmain. I am VERY dubious about that statement. I feel it may have been pulled out as "lip service" in order to calm the fans with no real substance to back it up..

B_Tiger

Juniors
Mighty, the tigers are a football club. If we were a company, we'd have joined superleague. Just because a decision means more money doesn't mean it is the rtight decision. Taking games away from leichhardt is dumb, no matter what money is available elsewhere. If this trully is a long term plan to eventually make us secure at our two traditional home grounds, then it is painful but acceptable. But, as rifraf says, there isn't any talk of how they plan to get cambo and leichhardt revamped and how much money they are willing to spend.

Also, they aren't taking only one game away from leichhardt. they are taking three games away from leichhardt, because the minimum amount of games played there should be six. It was not acceptable this season to have only four games at leichhardt and it certainly won't be acceptable when only three games are played at leichhardt next season. In my opinion, we should either be able to play at our home grounds, or die trying. Homebush will be shit and could go a long way to eventually destroying this club.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
B I never said it was the right decision or the correct one ;-)

I'm against it just like you are and at the moment there really isn't a hell of alot that we can do :(

It really is stupid because as a member of the leagues club which happens to be a joint organisation which is backing the WTS you would think at least the fans would have some sort of say as to what the decisions would be wouldn't you :evil:

Sincas

Juniors
Leagues Club membership means nothing and never will. There are 15000 of them, but only 10% of those are footy club members.

I don't buy the "we are looking at options while we investigate upgrading LO and Campbo" for one second. That has nothing to do with this decision and anyone who falls for that is extremely gullible.

Rif, when u gonna update your avatar or was that a long term bet?

Good post B. And great job again yesterday with the petitions. We are now upto 9502 thanks to people like yourself.

Sincas

Juniors
Nitekrwlr said:
I love Leichardt with a passion.

But we can't play there until something is done about the parking and the traffic

Get there earlier, park in a side street and walk for 5-10 minutes. EASY! Parking will never be solved there and if thats our biggest problem then we're sitting prettier than I thought.

I agree its not ideal and public transport options should be better utilised but if you know where you are going and get there early enough you will park for free and be home in no time.

yappy

Bench
Sincas - 1 point mate. Leagues Club membership might not mean a lot for the Balmain side, but from the Wests side it's crucial. Even more so at Campbelltown than Ashfield. Wests reps for the jv are direct from the two clubs (the football club chairman is there, but realistically only because of his Ashfield connection). We've tried for the last few years to force a greater football focus at Campbelltown over the past few years but have fallen short at each election. If a couple of hundred annoyed fans turned up and voted against the people who allow these changes to occur - well then they wouldn't occur. But they don't, so someone else makes the decisions for them.

RifRaf

Juniors
Yappy is on the money there.. Wests Cambo's Leagues Club needs to be far more proactive in the support of Wests Tigers and Junior Rugby League.. Leagues Club membership out there is an asset if you want to over throw the current board as a new regime would see a much improved contribution to the JV etc... I'll support you Yappy with any move against the current Cambo board..
Sincas: Do you think i didn't want to change my av?? They had a problem with the system and I haven't been able to.... Till today.... Sorry I missed you guys last night.. Been hammered by the flu...

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Assuming for whatever reason that we have to make a temporary move to another ground, and all things being equal financially, then surely the Sydney Showground, Aussie Stadium or Parramatta Stadium are more attractive, fan friendly alternatives?

Just an opinion, but I have always prefered watching a game at the other grounds, food and drinks are not as expensive as Telstra Stadium and there is a hell of a lot more atmosphere which are the kinds of things fans look for when going to a game.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Swampdonkey said:
Assuming for whatever reason that we have to make a temporary move to another ground, and all things being equal financially, then surely the Sydney Showground, Aussie Stadium or Parramatta Stadium are more attractive, fan friendly alternatives?

Just an opinion, but I have always prefered watching a game at the other grounds, food and drinks are not as expensive as Telstra Stadium and there is a hell of a lot more atmosphere which are the kinds of things fans look for when going to a game.

Mate, I was just coming to this thread to bring up the Parramatta stadium suggestion ( not overally keen on Aussie Stadium - too far for Wests fans to come or even worse the showground...)

A crowd of 15,000 here creates some sort of atmosphere ( in comparasin to Telstra anyway...)

Much more acceptable decision in my opinion.... I know that Balmain played a few games at Parra several years ago, and whilst it wasn't a success it is much better than the alternative...