What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Triple Crown

Hari Kari

Juniors
tigers are nrl premiers

world sevens champions

and they still play the world club championship yes?

if they can win that they're triple champs.

would be a first I think.

Bradford would be lucky to avoid tripple figure if they could be bothered to get off their ar$e and leave the UK for once.

The wcc is a no event. I can name the top 15 clubs in the world and guess what....they all play in Australia.

c_eagle

Juniors
I remember when the Tiges won the world sevens and it was followed by serious celebration. I told my mate to keep things in perspective and he basically answered with, "It may be the only silverwear we win in my lifetime." Good on 'em.

They won the last World Sevens.

I think its fair enough that they claim the double.

NRL Champions, World Sevens Champions......they are currently the best Rugby League club in the world.

aussies1st

Staff member
If the Tigers send Marshall you know they must be taking the game a bit serious.

choc_soldier

Coach
I thought the treble was the minor premiers / NRL premiers / World Club champs - that's what we were pushing for last February.

But I digress... the World Sevens is a legitimate comp in its own right, so the Tigers can definitely lay claim to it... that treble would definitely be something worth pushing for.

Go for it Tigers! :)

innsaneink

Referee
nospam49™ said:

NRL Champions, World Sevens Champions......they are currently the best Rugby League club in the world.

:shock: Totally incomprehensible.

jed

First Grade
parra_panther said:
I thought the treble was the minor premiers / NRL premiers / World Club champs - that's what we were pushing for last February.
That's correct.

Eelectrica

Referee
If the Tigers treat tthe WCC seriously they'll win. If they treat it like a glorified trial match, it's an even money bet.

jed

First Grade
Not to put a downer on the Tigers Sevens win last year, but it would have been nice to see all teams put in as much effort, instead of the joke sides that some teams (mine included) fielded.

izzo

Juniors
nospam49™ said:

why? they beat a few 7 a side teams who didnt use their full strength sides

the tigers were the only team along with parra who actualy cared avout the sevens.

And they won it. So there can be no room for whinging.

By the way, I love it that Im starting to find out who the weaker minds are LU are. They get so precious when someone has an opposition opinion! :lol: