What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Grant released

souths_pride

Juniors
Well, as Jack Napier said on here the roosters need to cut so they can meet the demands of Cordner.........some saying Jennings will end up at Parra, but Parra are caught up in legal action from Hoppa.
In saying that, I think there is a chance that the Copley signing could be as cover for Shaun Kenny-Dowall, who will more than likely be found guilty of domestic violence and be banned by the NRL.

handyman2190

Bench
Whats this rumour crdiner already signed with manly for 2017? If true its really bullS that players can sign so far ahead

Pommy

Coach
Whats this rumour crdiner already signed with manly for 2017? If true its really bullS that players can sign so far ahead

Agreed the NRL really need to sit down and dream up a cohesive functional system for players as the current one is just bizarre.
How can a player sign for a competitor a year or more in advance? What employer allows that to happen? Where does the players loyalty lie? Could a players soon to be new employer lean on them to throw a game for the new sides benefit. There's very real questions about he integrity of the game at least in theory. I'm not saying it has actually taken place.
FIFA don't allow a player to even talk to new clubs without permission from the current club unless they have less than 6 months to go on their current contract and big fines are dished out to clubs found to be in breech of that.

souths_pride

Juniors
Agreed the NRL really need to sit down and dream up a cohesive functional system for players as the current one is just bizarre.
How can a player sign for a competitor a year or more in advance? What employer allows that to happen? Where does the players loyalty lie? Could a players soon to be new employer lean on them to throw a game for the new sides benefit. There's very real questions about he integrity of the game at least in theory. I'm not saying it has actually taken place.
FIFA don't allow a player to even talk to new clubs without permission from the current club unless they have less than 6 months to go on their current contract and big fines are dished out to clubs found to be in breech of that.
I completely agree with your post! This is becoming ridiculous. The predicament you have mention has always bothered me; how can a player possibly concentrate on giving his best for a club knowing that he won't be there the following season? Its no secret that Issac Luke's performances went to shite after he secured a release to the Warriors. What I find even more bizarre is that a player can sign a contract thereby giving his word to a club that he will sign for them only for him to be allowed to change his mind. Remedying this problem is the bigger question. I would like to see a transfer system introduced whereby if a club elects to sign a player who is still under contract with another club, then the purchasing club must pay a fee to sign that player.

Basically, I think a soccer style transfer system would get rid of a lot of this mind-changing and signing of players in advance. I think it would also result in players staying at a club for a lot longer than what we are seeing at the moment. At the rate we're going, I think we are going to see the first player to play for ever club in the NRL before too long.

Pommy

Coach
I completely agree with your post! This is becoming ridiculous. The predicament you have mention has always bothered me; how can a player possibly concentrate on giving his best for a club knowing that he won't be there the following season? Its no secret that Issac Luke's performances went to shite after he secured a release to the Warriors. What I find even more bizarre is that a player can sign a contract thereby giving his word to a club that he will sign for them only for him to be allowed to change his mind. Remedying this problem is the bigger question. I would like to see a transfer system introduced whereby if a club elects to sign a player who is still under contract with another club, then the purchasing club must pay a fee to sign that player.

Basically, I think a soccer style transfer system would get rid of a lot of this mind-changing and signing of players in advance. I think it would also result in players staying at a club for a lot longer than what we are seeing at the moment. At the rate we're going, I think we are going to see the first player to play for ever club in the NRL before too long.

I thought this mind changing had been dealt with now, ten day cooling off period and once thats passed your signed with that club come what may.

souths_pride

Juniors
I thought this mind changing had been dealt with now, ten day cooling off period and once thats passed your signed with that club come what may.
I heard that there were plans to introduce something like that but I don't think anything official has been passed by the NRL. As far as I'm aware, the whole round 13 deadline is still in place. Hopefully, I'm wrong however and what you say is true.

alien

Referee
I heard that there were plans to introduce something like that but I don't think anything official has been passed by the NRL. As far as I'm aware, the whole round 13 deadline is still in place. Hopefully, I'm wrong however and what you say is true.

i think the 10 day cooling off period rule has come in now

Pommy

Coach

To be honest I think the ten day cooling off period is BS. These are grown men and when they sign on the dotted line that should be enough Obviously with an exemption for Titans players.

Rabbits20

Immortal

When Sam knew he was leaving after 2014 he played brilliantly the whole season after announcing he was going to Bath.

It's all about attitude imo.

alien

Referee
To be honest I think the ten day cooling off period is BS. These are grown men and when they sign on the dotted line that should be enough Obviously with an exemption for Titans players.

yes you would think the player would have already thought about any offer before he signs. maybe it's because some clubs pressure a player to sign quickly so they can choose if they want to sign other players or not.

souths_pride

Juniors
When Sam knew he was leaving after 2014 he played brilliantly the whole season after announcing he was going to Bath.

Your right when you say it is about attitude. Maybe it was different for Sam knowing that he was switching to a different code.

Pommy

Coach

But thats a different issue as it didn't bring the integrity of the sport in to question as to where you loyalties lie.
Im not saying its right though.

Latest posts