What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen

macnaz

Staff member
LETS see how he goes against manly..

And how did you think he went Tomcat ?

By the way Tomcat welcome aboard, i hope dont take it personaly when u cop a bagging , its just the way things go when we all have mixed opinions.

Last edited:

tomcat

Juniors
And how did you think he went Tomcat ?

By the way Tomcat welcome aboard, i hope dont take it personaly when u cop a bagging , its just the way things go when we all have mixed opinions.
yeah timmy played well mate,,all good mate.ive broad shoulders..

AussieSmithy

Juniors
Tim Sheens comments in today's paper (from yesterday's press conference) really worry me. Saying about Moltzen...he's a great halfback and he could be an even greater fullback. That may mean he's still not admitting to himself that Benji at 7 DOESN'T WORK.

Regardless of how he wants to train his players, leave the 6 on Benji because it seems to be his lucky number. With the split halves tactic it shouldn't matter but it has mattered so leave it alone.

Tim Moltzen is a halfback and an impressive one at that. He's a smart footballer so he can learn new tricks and will only get better. Benji is an instinctive player who takes advantage of situations but can't scheme and build. So, leave Tim at 7, Benji at 6 and Gallant has been good fun at 1 so give the kid the spot. Everyone talking about buying a halfback is mad. Lock Tim in on middle money and then we can build the next three or four years with stable, talented 1-6-7-9.

And, with Morris leaving at the end of this year, Hanbury as the super-sub.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Tim Sheens comments in today's paper (from yesterday's press conference) really worry me. Saying about Moltzen...he's a great halfback and he could be an even greater fullback. That may mean he's still not admitting to himself that Benji at 7 DOESN'T WORK..

I can understand what Shames is thinking here. These days the fullbacks play as an extra pivot in attack. Slater's, Bowens, etc.....Moltz can play that role. The truth is that this guy can play anywhere in the backline and play it well.

AussieSmithy

Juniors
Agree Reeks. But, when you've got a couple of guys who can cover fullback and you've got no other decent (proven) halfbacks we should keep Tim where he is.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I think we all know whats going to happen over the next 4 weeks, Morris will move back to half back and moltzen back to fullback, our form will drop, we will miss the 8 probably by losing to the Eels and then we'll blame Sheens instead of blaming the under performing team.

I hope the above doesn't happen and I'm more then happy to be proven wrong but I have a feeling that the Tigers won't get out of 3ird gear.