What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith: I nearly walked away

Hurriflatch

Referee
In today's telecra* there is an article about Tim Smith and his reaction to the whole police investigation.

I can't find it on line but some of the main points

- He thought about walking away from the NRL
- Spent some time with his family on the Gold Coast during Christmas that changed him mind
- His manager (David Riolo) was looking into taking legal action for defamation but decided against it as "It's one of those things thats more trouble then it's worth"

Stagger eel

Staff member
yeah, read the story found it very inteteresting.

If he did walk away i'd imagine that every Parra supporter would put some sort of a jihad on the prick who accused him of virtualy nothing..

btw, he's been listed to play tonight according to the team lists in the telegraph, maybe Jeremy's groin has forced him to sit out the match.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
in the end it may have been the best thing for him and thickened his skin in terms of media etc. can you imagine if it was actually a serious allegation? would've been a lot harder for his family to convince him to stay. this way, he's had to deal with a minor incident and hopefully learned from it.

Hurriflatch

Referee
In the article I did get that impression that while it was a difficult time for Timmy he did learn a lot from it, of course he would've prefered that it never happened tho

Smartman

Juniors
What a weak backbone that Tim Smith has.

Walking away :lol: ....We have heard that from a Parramatta player before :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
In today's telecra* there is an article about Tim Smith and his reaction to the whole police investigation.

I can't find it on line but some of the main points

- He thought about walking away from the NRL
- Spent some time with his family on the Gold Coast during Christmas that changed him mind
- His manager (David Riolo) was looking into taking legal action for defamation but decided against it as "It's one of those things thats more trouble then it's worth"

Sounds like Tim has a smart manager who really cares about his client's future. Good on him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Smartman said:

At least he's able to walk...Unlike some over-hyped, over-paid Bulldogs Kiwi youngster...

Smartman

Juniors
Eelementary said:
At least he's able to walk...Unlike some over-hyped, over-paid Bulldogs Kiwi youngster...

Now thats harsh eelementary ;-)

At least that young Kiwi has fingers that contains a premiership ring
icon14.gif

Stagger eel

Staff member
Smartman said:

I'll tell you what's weak...

the moron at your club who failed the inhouse drug test **nameless**

the morons who were investigated at Coffs Harbour **nameless**

so, if Tim has a weakbone? then why do your pieces of slime, didn't have the guts and balls to come forward when it got hot in the kitchen??????

Canterbury!! no soul no heart...just gutless slimes.

eelz47

Coach
eelavation said:
I'll tell you what's weak...

the moron at your club who failed the inhouse drug test **nameless**

the morons who were investigated at Coffs Harbour **nameless**

so, if Tim has a weakbone? then why do your pieces of slime, didn't have the guts and balls to come forward when it got hot in the kitchen??????

Canterbury!! no soul no heart...just gutless slimes.

"thats gold!"

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
btw, he's been listed to play tonight according to the team lists in the telegraph, maybe Jeremy's groin has forced him to sit out the match.

but then if you read the snippet on the backpage it says he isn't playing, I'd say it is a typo in the team listing where they have put 'T' instead of 'J'.

It was a good article, nice picture too

and as for the criticism of him walking away from the troll, just remember he is a kid who was accused of something in a big city and everyone jumped on him for it (media etc), the fact is that he did not walk away he stood up an dlooked at the issue at hand and dealt with it, so go back to your little hole

strider

Post Whore
Smartman said:

mmmm - i think he should hang with some moralless bulldogs for a while - do some raping a pillaging, then learn how to pretend he did nothing wrong like all the doggies :thumn

eloquentEEL

First Grade
strider said:
mmmm - i think he should hang with some moralless bulldogs for a while - do some raping a pillaging, then learn how to pretend he did nothing wrong like all the doggies :thumn

i think the word you're looking for is immoral... carry on...

Latest posts