What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith: I nearly walked away

Smartman

Juniors
Eelementary said:
I agree, though.

We're always saying he has a good head on his shoulders, yadda yadda yadda.

Yet at the first sign of trouble, his response is to leave...

That comes from the fact that when the pressure is applied the players crumble, thats why the eels have had a moderate sucess rate come finals time for the past decade.

The players havent been mentally strong enough to handle the pressure.

strider

Post Whore
Smartman said:
That comes from the fact that when the pressure is applied the players crumble, thats why the eels have had a moderate sucess rate come finals time for the past decade.

The players havent been mentally strong enough to handle the pressure.

true - they need the inner strength that only an annual police investigation can provide

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
I'vw gotta agree 100% with Hellsy

and anyone who doesn't isn't only lying to everyone else but they are lying to themselves too.

Who here can honestly say they haven't had a bad day, wekk, month or even year at work and considered chucking it in?

I'm betting less then 1 person

But how many of us actually have done that?

Timmy being in the public eye something like this would come out more so then if Hellsy considered quitting her job but after talking to her family, friends and work collegues she liked changed her mind.

There is really no difference between the two aside from public interest.

I know I have...But unlike Timmy, I didn't even contemplate quitting, because to me quitting is admitting defeat, and I'm a stubborn SOB that way.

I understand what everyone is saying...It just sort of disappointed me a little bit that at the first sign on potential trouble he thought of quitting...

Anyway, nothing happened and he obviously didn't quit.

Nikki

Coach
Mate you can be dissapointed all you want but you tell me you wouldnt think of taking yourself out of a situation if it meant your name and your family name was being dragged through the mud. Im sure Tim was thinkin of the repercussions on his family, hence why he went home to discuss it with them. The mature thing to do IMO. But as Jake said, its over and done with now, and he has made the right decision and stuck with the club. Hopefully this will make him stronger, both on and off the field.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That is true.

It just seemed, to me, like naivety from the young halfback - after such a great debut season, he'd be in the media's spotlight, and the media doesn't have a particularly soft spot for Rugby League.

Tim Smith will only get better, and as that comes forward, he will only get in the headlines more - I'm disappointed that nobody (manager, family or coach or whatever) didn't tell him what to expect.

Latest posts