What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith - Looking for a NRL club in 2010

Jobdog

Live Update Team
But then that means the board would have to show some foresight and be proactive rather than reactive :crazy:

aqua_duck

Coach
I'd rather Smith than Carney, Carney has shown glimpses where as smith has lead a team to the minor premiership and 1 game away from a grand final, carney doesn't have that big game experience

Alex28

Coach
Todd Carney is gone. Let's get back to the topic at hand.

Tim Smith is EXACTLY what we need. He can be class when he wants to be. With the right coaching he could kill it in the NRL.

More importantly, a class halfback is what we NEED.

Smith Machine

Juniors
I think tim smith would be great for the knights. But hell he'll play crap behind the forward pack we have at the moment. we need some front rowers if tim smith is going to shine with us!

Maybe were all being a little to hard on our halves, at the moment Lockyer and Joey in their peak wouldn't be able to look good behind our softcock forwards.

Hanscholo

Bench
Tim Smith was a shot duck by the time he left parra. Not just because of the drama's either, his form had crashed to where he couldnt even catch a ball anymore. I am not interested in him, mentally he isnt up to it...not even close.

Frederick

Staff member
Tim Smith was a shot duck by the time he left parra. Not just because of the drama's either, his form had crashed to where he couldnt even catch a ball anymore. I am not interested in him, mentally he isnt up to it...not even close.
That was then...who's to say he hasn't turned things around?

Frederick

Staff member
The fact that he's playing reserve grade in England.
Really? According to the Wigan Warriors website, Smith suffered a season ending shoulder injury in late June...
Tim Smith dislocated his should in the macth against Hull KR (29th June). He will require a reconstruction which has ruled him out for the remainder of the season.
LINK

EDIT: Only just noticed the terrible spelling on their website too :lol:

Last edited:
The fact that he's playing reserve grade in England.
Reserve Grade? Not likely given he has won man of the match twice this season. Also Fred is right. He is out for the season with a dislocated shoulder. We would get him cheap for a couple of seasons I believe.

Nuffy

Bench
He's got to be worth a shot, if he gets back to anywhere near his Parra form, then he'll do the job.

Alex28

Coach
If he gets the 75% of his Parramatta form it will still be substantially better than what we have now.

Yosh

Coach
Sh*ts on anything we got now. Tons more talented than Dureau and only half as many brain snaps as Rogers I'll take that.

Bilko

Juniors
His defence was embarrassing during his short Wigan career. Truly shocking. Any attacking side would just aim for him and he flapped miserably without fail. Couldn't stand up to anything. If he sorts that he'll be a good player but I'm amazed having watched him this past year that he was ever a NRL Young Player of the Year.

His defence was embarrassing during his short Wigan career. Truly shocking. Any attacking side would just aim for him and he flapped miserably without fail. Couldn't stand up to anything. If he sorts that he'll be a good player but I'm amazed having watched him this past year that he was ever a NRL Young Player of the Year.
Timmy has his moments that is for sure.

Latest posts