What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith on Footy Show

Hurriflatch

Referee
Not sure when or what he'll say but apparently Timmy will be on the Footy Show tonight.

they'll also talk to Brad Morrin and look at the crisis at the Knights

Hurriflatch

Referee
- Said he is having fun playing
- Inu and Hayne are always off in their own world
- Talked about his tattoo

Hellsy

Immortal
He talked about more than that.

They asked alot of questions on the backline and how good they are going.
About Inu and Hayne and how good players they are at such a young age
Talked about the forward pack that have been solid
Praised Tim for his form this year and bouncing back, talked about him being the 2ng highest try-assists
Asked about Inu leaving to do his mormon trip (which Tim said he didnt know much about)
Said that the club is enjoying their footy, and he personally is also enjoying his footy more

goboggo

Juniors
He said nothing.

But what do you expect when he's had the press hounding him in the past and now all he gets is questions that basically asked "how good are you going?", "you seem more mature", "the backline is on fire and that's a wrap to you as the architect, isn't it?"

He just kinda sat there looking embarrassed and then gave pat answers like "the forwards are really paving the way" and "like I said, guys like Hayne and Inu are going great".

Keeping a lid on it is Our Timmy.

Hellsy

Immortal
So what does everyone want him to have said???...... its only a few minutes of a segment

Hurriflatch

Referee
Fatty also asked Timmy if Inu tries to sell bibles in the dressing rooms

Timmy basically ignored the question which is the best way to deal with Vautin just ignore him

Hurriflatch

Referee
btw, for the Jim Beam trivia question which was which Smith has scored the most tries for the EEls
Ben Smith 25 tries
Jason Smith 24 tries
Tim Smith 5 tries
Jeremy Smith 1 try

Hellsy

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
Fatty also asked Timmy if Inu tries to sell bibles in the dressing rooms

Timmy basically ignored the question which is the best way to deal with Vautin just ignore him
Agree with that!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hellsy

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
btw, for the Jim Beam trivia question which was which Smith has scored the most tries for the EEls
Ben Smith 25 tries
Jason Smith 24 tries
Tim Smith 5 tries
Jeremy Smith 1 try

Yay!
I picked Ben.

Has Tim really only scored 5 tries???? Wow!

Hellsy

Immortal
Wow!
I guess cause he has so much involvement in alot of them it seems like it should be more!

goboggo

Juniors
Hellsy said:
So what does everyone want him to have said???...... its only a few minutes of a segment
Oh I agree Hellsy, he's only on for a second and they didn't really ask him anything new, just praised him. He couldn't really say much.

Hellsy

Immortal
Tim has matured so much this year, I am proud of him.
He talks better, he listens and answers accordingly and still seems 'fresh'.
He has stopped the head wobbles while sitting still which is another good thing!!!!!!!!

Captain BF

Juniors
I have to admit that i used to watch the show religiously, but it is a joke now. Tim didn't really seem to want to say too much and why would he? I fhe had talked himself up, people would be so very happy to remind him and throw it back at him if he was to fail. Let people say what they want as they will say it anyway.

Did anyone else think that Tony Butterfield just sat there looking completely smug?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Captain BF said:
I have to admit that i used to watch the show religiously, but it is a joke now. Tim didn't really seem to want to say too much and why would he? I fhe had talked himself up, people would be so very happy to remind him and throw it back at him if he was to fail. Let people say what they want as they will say it anyway.

Did anyone else think that Tony Butterfield just sat there looking completely smug?

Yep, been that way for a while now though.

goboggo

Juniors
Hellsy said:
Tim has matured so much this year, I am proud of him.
He talks better, he listens and answers accordingly and still seems 'fresh'.
He has stopped the head wobbles while sitting still which is another good thing!!!!!!!!

There would be some players I'd feel more glad for if we won a comp, and he's one of them. He never gets any credit from opposition supporters, they all say he doesn't take on the line, or he is a little punk that drinks too much, in 2005 it was that he always threw forward passes. It's always something with him.

Even our own fans have been expecting him to win us every game even though he is still a kid in halfback terms. We should be thankful that we get to watch a talent like him, and just enjoy it.

Actually, this thread is a good place to mention something I noticed on the replay of the Dogs game. After Timmy took that 40 metre field goal attempt, Riddell was complaining about his option (I'm sure there are some people who agree with Riddell. It was a very long shot. Personally, it didn't bother me - at worst its a 20 metre tap and we get to set our defence again.)

Anyway, while Riddell continued to piss and moan, twice Tim just turned to him, said something, and pointed to where Riddell should be in the defensive line. And it wasn't like he was throwing his weight around, or getting into a stroppy argument with Riddell, he was just concentrating on the next play and telling his teammate what was needed next, instead of worrying about the last play. It was real leadership.

It reminded my of a discussion I had on the official board, where...um... poupou ... said that he liked Riddell because he often had the guts to stand up and try to make a play when we needed it. He was right, and it was because of the absence of someone else standing up when needed. Well, what I saw of Tim against the Dogs showed a bloke who was so into the game that he was telling people what to do, and firing them up, without worrying about the consequences.

Timmy the leader is maturing along with the rest of his game.

Latest posts