What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith on Footy Show

Captain BF

Juniors
[
Actually, this thread is a good place to mention something I noticed on the replay of the Dogs game. After Timmy took that 40 metre field goal attempt, Riddell was complaining about his option (I'm sure there are some people who agree with Riddell. It was a very long shot. Personally, it didn't bother me - at worst its a 20 metre tap and we get to set our defence again.)

Anyway, while Riddell continued to piss and moan, twice Tim just turned to him, said something, and pointed to where Riddell should be in the defensive line. And it wasn't like he was throwing his weight around, or getting into a stroppy argument with Riddell, he was just concentrating on the next play and telling his teammate what was needed next, instead of worrying about the last play. It was real leadership.

It reminded my of a discussion I had on the official board, where...um... poupou ... said that he liked Riddell because he often had the guts to stand up and try to make a play when we needed it. He was right, and it was because of the absence of someone else standing up when needed. Well, what I saw of Tim against the Dogs showed a bloke who was so into the game that he was telling people what to do, and firing them up, without worrying about the consequences.

Timmy the leader is maturing along with the rest of his game.[/quote]

100% Agree. He is maturing in his game in every aspevt i believe. I had previously thought that his defence was suspect but he has picked that up as well. He will never be a Hindmarsh as far as defence goes, but he's a halfback and shouldn't have to be.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
goboggo said:
There would be some players I'd feel more glad for if we won a comp, and he's one of them. He never gets any credit from opposition supporters, they all say he doesn't take on the line, or he is a little punk that drinks too much, in 2005 it was that he always threw forward passes. It's always something with him.

Even our own fans have been expecting him to win us every game even though he is still a kid in halfback terms. We should be thankful that we get to watch a talent like him, and just enjoy it.

Actually, this thread is a good place to mention something I noticed on the replay of the Dogs game. After Timmy took that 40 metre field goal attempt, Riddell was complaining about his option (I'm sure there are some people who agree with Riddell. It was a very long shot. Personally, it didn't bother me - at worst its a 20 metre tap and we get to set our defence again.)

Anyway, while Riddell continued to piss and moan, twice Tim just turned to him, said something, and pointed to where Riddell should be in the defensive line. And it wasn't like he was throwing his weight around, or getting into a stroppy argument with Riddell, he was just concentrating on the next play and telling his teammate what was needed next, instead of worrying about the last play. It was real leadership.

It reminded my of a discussion I had on the official board, where...um... poupou ... said that he liked Riddell because he often had the guts to stand up and try to make a play when we needed it. He was right, and it was because of the absence of someone else standing up when needed. Well, what I saw of Tim against the Dogs showed a bloke who was so into the game that he was telling people what to do, and firing them up, without worrying about the consequences.

Timmy the leader is maturing along with the rest of his game.

Dude you continually remind me why watching on tv isn't necessarily the best view of the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I've never watched the footy show in my life, and never will.

half an hour was enough for me,

never again

hippy

Juniors
I am very excited that a thread about Tim has been started because he has really come along in leaps and bounds this year!

He seems to be taking more of a leadership role in the team. He knows what his position is and is cobingin well with Finch to lead the troops around the park.

You can tell that he has worked really hard this year and matured after some of the problems he had last year. He is learning to take the line on and is beginning to experiment mroe - I was so excited when he put the bombs up during the Bulldogs game.

Also I love the way he talks it up when he plays. I find his energy infectious. When Tim goes well, the boys go well. He is there encouraging, firing him, clapping his hands and wobbling his head. Its good to see and good to watch.

For all the rubbish he has copped from opposition fans and our fans as well, it is really great to see him playing so well. I hope it continues.

Daneel

Bench
Captain BF said:
Did anyone else think that Tony Butterfield just sat there looking completely smug?

Actually i thought he was on the verge of crying. His voice sounded like it was breaking up when he tried to answer one question.

carson

Juniors
goboggo said:
There would be some players I'd feel more glad for if we won a comp, and he's one of them. He never gets any credit from opposition supporters, they all say he doesn't take on the line, or he is a little punk that drinks too much, in 2005 it was that he always threw forward passes. It's always something with him.

Even our own fans have been expecting him to win us every game even though he is still a kid in halfback terms. We should be thankful that we get to watch a talent like him, and just enjoy it.

Timmy the leader is maturing along with the rest of his game.

Piggy complaining about a poor field goal attempt would have to be a major case of the pot calling the kettle. Riddell's selfish attempt at a field goal earlier in the season missed the goals by so far that the touchie nearly had to take cover, of course it was smiles all round that day.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember someone pointing out Timmy's 'dirty look' he gave Morrin while the ref was putting him on report, but I didn't see it til last night.

Pretty funny.

And did anyone else catch his 'Chinese Koi' comment? lol

I love Timmy. He is deadset bogan-fabulous.

He's going to be a star.

Hellsy

Immortal
Well picked up goboggo, and I agree with your indepth post 110%.

You know what though, we are dammed if they do and dammed if they dont - those that like the Footy Show are happy for one of our players to be on there and enjoy listening to what they say no matter how little or silly it is, those that don't will always come in and complain about how crap it is... same theory as BB and Idol for me, if you don't like it don't watch it and therefore there wont be anything to complain about!!!

V1er

Juniors
How good was it to see timmy's reaction to one of our tries, he just about jumped 10 metres in the air

People people people....you overlooked the best bit of the interview.

When they confirmed that he is a QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!

Although when they trotted out who was in front of him in the pecking order it was a bit rough. Vautin did tell him that if he plays the way he is that he WILL play for the Maroons!!!!!!

sooperdooper

First Grade
good to see this kid get some more spotlight again...
he is a great player and doing a great team with our team... he is in top form!
he has matured very well and has so many good things in his game.
Like other he can still improve which is the best thing.
He isnt as bad as defending as some say, he is like most half backs... you need a good defence next to them!
im enjoying watching him...

though i just hate the criticism he gets at our games, so many people around you talk junk about him