What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith on the drink??

Glenn

First Grade
Looks like Rayyyyy is on another crusade now the Johns saga has been and gone, apparently Tim Smith,Eric Grothe Jnr,Daniel Wagon and others were seen drinking at a pub, and were refused service under the RSA and asked to leave which they did.
Also Tim Smith was seen spitting in the pub, apparently Wags was the one that calmed everything down.
All this from a anoymous e-mail to horsehead, and passed on to DF and now being investigated.
Here we go again :roll:

Utey

Coach
I could send Ray an hocus email and he would post it. He has as much credibility as Wieldler.

Ray = No Credibility.

Parraren

Bench
Apparently Timmy & Grothe were (as quoted by emailer) "rotten drunk" and carrying on a bit and were refused service at a Pub. Wagon was praised for keeping them in check.

There was nothing else to it really. No criminal charges/fighting/biting etc..

Trust Hadley to makea big deal out of it, however, it is a bit of a concern if the boys were blind drunk, especially Timmy who is supposedly on a self imposed drinking ban.

Fitzgerald is looking into it...

Tank30

Juniors
Glenn said:
Looks like Rayyyyy is on another crusade now the Johns saga has been and gone, apparently Tim Smith,Eric Grothe Jnr,Daniel Wagon and others were seen drinking at a pub, and were refused service under the RSA and asked to leave which they did.

Damn them...They should not have behaved in such a shocking manner.

Glenn said:
Also Tim Smith was seen spitting in the pub,

Tear up his contract...Disgusting.

Glenn said:
All this from a anoymous e-mail to horsehead

Anonymous huh?? Must be credible then...

Glenn said:
and passed on to DF and now being investigated.

Should just call the police and have them locked up..

Glenn said:
Here we go again :roll:

Indeed, we are on the verge of making the finals..The bulldogs are out of the media, Bennett has finally admitted the slump, The knights saga is over, Manly are quiet, The dragons are quietly fading away...

Bolts needed something to say and as usual, if you can't think of some thing smart and/or true. Something false/stupid will do..

Good work horsehead...

Tank30

Juniors
Parraren said:
especially Timmy who is supposedly on a self imposed drinking ban.
Really??? I would have thought along the lines of, he is out for the year so who gives a toss....Go and get pissed every day if you like Timmy..

I honestly could not give a stuff what the players do off the field. If they perform on the field, they could tortue kittens in there spare time and I would not care...

If they don't perform on the field, that is a different story.:cool:

Glenn

First Grade
strider said:
so what did they supposedly do wrong?

From the gist of the report and subsequent phone call from someone claiming to be there.

1.Tim Smith spitting on the floor of the pub
2. Eric Grothe Jnr refused drinks under the RSA, and then yelling out and being a nuisance to another patrons, and punching a wall (no damage to wall) when asked to leave
3. Wags steps in speaks to management and calms things down, the three then leave the pub.

Nothing that could bring police charges, I guess it comes down to how should they act in public :?

HevyDevy

Coach
If you all take off the blue and gold glasses for a minute, the reports seems credible and Tim Smith must surely be on his last legs - as opposed to last night when he was legless....

Anyway, being drunk is one thing but if he was spitting it's not acceptable.

fish eel

Immortal
Glenn said:
Nothing that could bring police charges, I guess it comes down to how should they act in public :?

and also generally, whether being on the drink mid season is a good thing or not.

But hey, it's Ray. He is a goose. I'll wait and see whether it gets picked up anywhere else.

At least this thread lets me see who all the silly people are that have been listening to dear old Ray. :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
If you all take off the blue and gold glasses for a minute, the reports seems credible and Tim Smith must surely be on his last legs - as opposed to last night when he was legless....

Anyway, being drunk is one thing but if he was spitting it's not acceptable.

An anonymous email to a radio station seems credible? :lol:

shiftysmith

Juniors
im not blaming them yet,but if it is true lets all be honest here....why the hell are so called 'PROFESSIONAL' footballers out on the drink in the middle of the week..these footballers can not control themselves when they drink.I am starting to lose all respect for these players that can not control themselves..it really is starting to piss me off.

The Colonel

Immortal
shiftysmith said:
im not blaming them yet,but if it is true lets all be honest here....why the hell are so called 'PROFESSIONAL' footballers out on the drink in the middle of the week..these footballers can not control themselves when they drink.I am starting to lose all respect for these players that can not control themselves..it really is starting to piss me off.

How about we wait to find out what is going on prior to crucifying them.....

Parra Guru

Coach
I'm not saying that they're right or wrong, but it is so tiresome to hear so many of these stories going through our club this year.

To only go off the merits of an email is a bit dodgy though.

Utey

Coach
Glenn said:
From the gist of the report and subsequent phone call from someone claiming to be there.

1.Tim Smith spitting on the floor of the pub
2. Eric Grothe Jnr refused drinks under the RSA, and then yelling out and being a nuisance to another patrons, and punching a wall (no damage to wall) when asked to leave
3. Wags steps in speaks to management and calms things down, the three then leave the pub.

give me a break, I dont understand why these little incidents continually come up.

strider

Post Whore
if they are drinking - do ppl believe our club is the only club with footballers drinking during the season? - if so then :roll:

mickdo

Coach
shiftysmith said:
They get 2 and a half days off training during the week, so if they want to go and have a drink then I have no problem with it and nor should anyone else. It's only when things turn out badly that it is a problem.

So far this is an anonymous email sent to a radio station so it aint exactly fact, and even if it were true it probably isn't that big a deal. Noone threw a glass at bar staff, did they. ;-)

eel4life

Juniors
3 weeks ago after we played the dragons the boys where at the Races on Saturday, and they went to the ROXY after.

I was there with a mate of mine and i spoke to Timmy, Chad, Hindy and a few others.

Tim wasn't Drinking, he was actually very very good, so i guess who do you believe ....

I find it rediculous that these anonymous people can ring up and say whatever they feel like saying.

I am sure Dennis will deal with it as best as he can and whatever they decide to do we will see in the next few days.

Latest posts