What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith on the drink??

forward pass

Coach
This does not look good.

You guys can brush it off all you want - but the guy has a track record so it can't be easily dismissed.

I hope it isn't true but even though Raaay is a complete toss, he would have at least made a few calls before going to air with this. He knows the consequences of making false allegations and he is too smart for that.

I bet there is something in this.

I thought the self imposed ban was a complete non-sense anyway. How was he going to flick a switch and become a new person?? This is reality folks !!

strider

Post Whore
<UPtheEELS> said:
Ours are the only ones getting reported for it...
yeah, by parramatta's best buddy Raaaaaaaay

tbh I don't care if they were on the piss - I'd be a hypocrit to think bad of em for it .... if they didn't hurt/harm/embarrass/put at risk/damage anyone or anything then its a non-event

mickdo

Coach
forward pass said:
I hope it isn't true but even though Raaay is a complete toss, he would have at least made a few calls before going to air with this. He knows the consequences of making false allegations and he is too smart for that.
Yeah, right. All he has to do is say 'allegedly' and he can pretty much say what he wants. He is a gutter journalist with a vendetta against our club.

The Colonel

Immortal
forward pass said:
This does not look good.

You guys can brush it off all you want - but the guy has a track record so it can't be easily dismissed.

I bet there is something in this.

I thought the self imposed ban was a complete non-sense anyway. How was he going to flick a switch and become a new person?? This is reality folks !!

You may be right. I'm not dismissing it. I am waiting however for something slightly more credible than an anonymous email and an anonymous caller to a radio station....

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm not concerned about the boys being on the drink just that 1 particular fellow who promised his club he'd be a good boy and stay off it..

If the findings prove damning than it's sayonara for him.

Glenn

First Grade
fish eel said:
At least this thread lets me see who all the silly people are that have been listening to dear old Ray. :lol:

It's good comedy value when he goes on his crusades ;-)

mickdo

Coach
eelavation said:
I'm not concerned about the boys being on the drink just that 1 particular fellow who promised his club he'd be a good boy and stay off it..

They wouldn't punt him, they'd just fine him a lot more.

cardinal

Juniors
eelavation said:

True, Blake might be our 1/2 next year if tim can't stay away from the grog monster.

forward pass

Coach
mickdo said:
Yeah, right. All he has to do is say 'allegedly' and he can pretty much say what he wants. He is a gutter journalist with a vendetta against our club.

His vendetta was only against BS - not the club.

Utey

Coach
mickdo said:
They wouldn't punt him, they'd just fine him a lot more.

:? I doubt it, I bet he was giving a stern warning and told to pick up his act. Maybe his last chance?

Glenn

First Grade
Just had a interview with the GM of the Intersection Tavern at Ramsagte, seems all he confirmed was they were asked to leave under the RSA.
None of the other stuff confirmed.
The GM is about to put his report to PDRLC

Storm, Teacup

fish eel

Immortal
Glenn said:
It's good comedy value when he goes on his crusades ;-)

not if your on the end of one of those crusades, it's not. :lol:

As per the drinking, I dont begrudge the guys a night out and a couple of drinks.

But, FFS, they're supposed to be professional sportsman, it's mid week leading up to match that could see us further cement a top 4 spot. Do they really need to get hammered?

If there is any truth to see, then its very disappointing, considering what has gone on earlier this year.

I wait to see what happens and how much substance there is to these reports....

Tank30

Juniors
eelavation said:

This is a big possibility, my question is why????

Tim Smith is out with an injury that may keep him out all season. If he wants to go and have a drink, who cares..If he wants to get blind drunk, who cares...

If he does this when is fit and meant to be at training, then I can see a problem..In this instance, it is a storm in a tea cup...

parra pete

Referee
As an ex-publican (for over 20 years) the thing that used to piss me off more than anything was people spitting on the floor. If I saw ANYONE do it...they would be hunted from the premises...

mickdo

Coach
parra pete said:
As an ex-publican (for over 20 years) the thing that used to piss me off more than anything was people spitting on the floor. If I saw ANYONE do it...they would be hunted from the premises...
Well, you don't know it was on the floor yet either...

Hurriflatch

Referee
TBH< I'll be waiting for some slightly more credible sources although the fact that the manager of the Pub has said his bit makes me think that there is something in it.

However as for Ray he has no credibility and don't go around thinking he would've made calls before going to air.

*edit*

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
eel4life said:
3 weeks ago after we played the dragons the boys where at the Races on Saturday, and they went to the ROXY after.

I was there with a mate of mine and i spoke to Timmy, Chad, Hindy and a few others.

Tim wasn't Drinking, he was actually very very good, so i guess who do you believe ....

I find it rediculous that these anonymous people can ring up and say whatever they feel like saying.

I am sure Dennis will deal with it as best as he can and whatever they decide to do we will see in the next few days.

i had a friend there that night who also told me that, he was stone cold sober and looking after the rest of our boys.

i for one would like to agree with storm, teacup. People will get over the Eels soon and some other team can be in the news, we are just the flavour of 2006

cardinal

Juniors
Tank30 said:

Tim Smith is out with an injury that may keep him out all season. If he wants to go and have a drink, who cares..If he wants to get blind drunk, who cares...

If he does this when is fit and meant to be at training, then I can see a problem..In this instance, it is a storm in a tea cup...

Because if he continues to be out getting drunk they will end up sacking him, just like Seymour it was not the first time he had been in strife while on the drink. Tim agreed not to drink for the rest of the year and you say he is out for the season but JT and Tim himself say he is a good chance to be back for the finals. I would rather see him doing everything in his power to get back, don't think getting pissed is on that list.

fish eel

Immortal
Tank30 said:

Because he is contracted to our club, the Parramatta Eels. A club that used to set the standard as far as player behaviour was concerned. A club that, prior to this season, could easily take the moral high ground when talking about player behaviour.

Everytime our players go out, their profile means they are effectively ambassadors for our club - and they are paid good money - and they should behave themselves. Nobody begrudges them a drink, but do they need to get hammered? After what has happened this year, it is very poor judgement to say te least.

The other apsect is the fact they are professional sportsman. You say Tim's injury 'may' keep him out for the season. Getting on the drink will guarantee that. And what about the other two? It's mid week, before an important match. Very poor form. It's not Eric's first offence either. Remeber the City Origin debacle that many people on here laughed off?