What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timana Tahu out, Joel Monaghan in for State of Origin II

661653-timana-tahu.jpg

Out ... Timana Tahu. Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE NSW Origin team is reeling after Parramatta star Timana Tahu sensationally left the team camp on the NSW North Coast tonight for personal reasons.

Canberra Raiders centre Joel Monaghan was rushed in after Tahu mysteriously withdrew from the side.
"I just got off the plane,'' Monaghan said.
"I don't know too much about what has happened yet.''
More reports to follow
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ate-of-origin-ii/story-e6frexnr-1225878661736

Brenno75

Juniors
I'm assuming he's refering to the way tahu spoke to robbo. At the time I thought he was just joking around. He might of been but this does make you wonder.

661653-timana-tahu.jpg

Out ... Timana Tahu. Source: The Daily Telegraph

NSW winger Timana Tahu was sensationally ruled out of State of Origin II for "messy" personal reasons last night, with Canberra star Joel Monaghan rushed into camp in another crippling blow for the Blues.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that the Eels centre withdrew for unknown personal reasons at midday yesterday, with Monaghan brought in as his replacement for Wednesday night's must-win match at Suncorp Stadium.

"I just got off the plane," Monaghan said last night. "I don't know too much about what has happened yet."

The Daily Telegraph witnessed Tahu meet with NSW coach Craig Bellamy yesterday to discuss his personal predicament and he was allowed to leave the camp immediately.

In a distinct sign of pre-match nerves, NSW officials did their best to hide Tahu's departure from the media until the Telegraph learned of it late last night.

So much did the NSW team want to keep the withdrawal under wraps, media manager David Taylor was instructed not to answer phone calls.

In fact, NSW officials went to the extraordinary lengths of rushing Monaghan in through a side entrance at the team's base at Salt Beach in Kingscliff late last night.

Asked about Tahu's withdrawal, team manager Craig Young said: "Don't know."

Asked if Monaghan was being rushed in, he said: "Can't say."

While it remains unknown why Tahu left so mysteriously, various NSW insiders described his situation as "messy" and "unfortunate".

Monaghan was expected to front a team meeting at the team's base at 9am today.

He was due to play for the Raiders in their clash against North Queensland in Townsville tonight.

Tahu's sudden departure is yet another blow for the Blues, who were forced to name a 21-man squad at the start of the week because of judiciary concerns over fullback Jarryd Hayne and utility Luke Lewis.

Veteran five-eighth Trent Barrett will also train for just the second time today after he stayed in Sydney for three days as his wife, Kylie, gave birth to their fourth child.
update

natheel

Coach
'messy' and 'unfortunate'? doesn't sound good...but DT does tend to blow these types of situations out of proportion. hope T's ok either way.

natheel

Coach
yeh true. probably something to do with family. but yeh ur right the news around origin was a bit quiet other than the usual beat up by the tele so now they can beat it up even more. im sure more will be revealed tomorrow