What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timana Tahu out, Joel Monaghan in for State of Origin II

jeff27

Juniors
timana took offence to one of andrew john's comments apparently. if it's about his form, i hope when tahu goes against newcastle he blows them out of the water and proves him wrong :)

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
PARRAMATTA winger Timana Tahu walked out on the NSW Origin side after a personal fallout with assistant coach and former Knights teammate Andrew Johns.

Despite the seriousness of the matter, a "shattered" Johns has not been dismissed from the camp.

It is understood that a remark that Johns said earlier in the week in Tahu's presence had offened him. He asked coach Craig Bellamy if he could leave the camp and left yesterday afternoon.

"Earlier in the camp I made some comments which Timana Tahu deemed inappropriate and offensive," Johns said.

"My comments weren't directed towards Timana, they were about myself and Timana's deemed them to be offensive and inappropriate.

"I'm really upset and shattered. We go way back. I've known him since he was a kid. Unfortunately, we had a day off yesterday and I didn't get a chance to see 'T' before he left. I've been trying to call him.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"It's a private matter between myself and him and we'll talk in the next couple of days."

Tahu has been replaced by Canberra star Joel Monaghan was rushed into the side last night. He was cleared of a thumb injury before joining the camp yesterday.

"It's something you would rather not deal with but you have to respect Timana's privact privary and his views, which we do," team manager Craig Young said. "In relation to Joey, he's very shattered. He's obviously very passionate about NSW. He'll get back on the bike today and he'll get on with it."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/joey-row-tahu-walks-out-on-origin/story-e6freuy9-1225878751724

Joey Johns has really done some stupid things, why is he still involved? his past few years he is lucky to have any job in rugby league at all.
He should be sacked.

parra pete

Referee
So there you go. Bit precious Timana!...
BTW....What does Luke Burt need to do to get a run?
but Joel is a good replacement....imo

hindy111

Post Whore
Monghan is a safe replacement....
By gee what has jennings done wrong.Lets pick footballers that entertain and will fear the opposition.
1 Hayne
2 Jennings
3 Idirs
4 Cooper
5 Morris
There you go.....

parra pete

Referee
precious with what comment Pete?

What's the kids statement again?
Sticks and stones may break my bones,
But names will NEVER hurt me...

These blokes are supposed to be professional footballers. Doesn't show much mental toughness imo..
But then again, I am not aware of what was said... MUST HAVE BEEN EARTH SHATTERING THOUGH for him to turn his back on his 16 team mates and coach
Wonder if his NSW team mates will use it to sledge him in future games?

natheel

Coach
well at least its not something that T will get into deep water over. everyone has difference of opinions . Is joey still helping with the eels? if so this will be interesting...i hope they sort it out though. cant call Tahu soft over a comment when we dont know what it is, obviously its bad enough to hurt him to the point of needing to leave the camp

Stagger eel

Staff member
What's the kids statement again?
Sticks and stones may break my bones,
But names will NEVER hurt me...

These blokes are supposed to be professional footballers. Doesn't show much mental toughness imo..
But then again, I am not aware of what was said... MUST HAVE BEEN EARTH SHATTERING THOUGH for him to turn his back on his 16 team mates and coach
Wonder if his NSW team mates will use it to sledge him in future games?

again, you have absolutely no idea what was apparently said so why assume that it trivial?

strider

Post Whore
good to play the executioner when you know nothing of the details pete? ;-)

i'm not saying tahu isn't at fault, but I think its wrong to make judgements without any knowledge .... all I can imagine is it must have upset him alot, because he had stated that playing SOO was a massive deal for him

parra pete

Referee
Build a bridge Timana...FMD...It is not under 7s..
Haven't you any regard for the blokes you are playing with? Isn't there a leadership group in the NSW squad where issues can be raised?
Can you imagine a bloke like Tommy Raudonikis pulling out of SOO because of what an ASSISTANT coach said?...
I'm not sticking up for Johns...but gees, fair dinkum.....

Gronk

Staff member
It's easy to say for Tahu to harden up, but whatever it was it was enough to upset a player in the camp. Joey should have resigned before the player.

Not a great build up ...

Haynzy

First Grade
Not knowing what was said and we are all entitled to an opinion sooo.......

Perhaps Johns made light of his drug affected playing days or even joked that he made up stuff about his mental health to avoid further scrutiny and it offended T who may have a family member dealing with those issues for real.....

Or maybe he made a comment that belittled T's race or religion and T felt that he couldn't work in that environment...

'if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything'

fish eel

Immortal
It's easy to say for Tahu to harden up, but whatever it was it was enough to upset a player in the camp. Joey should have resigned before the player.

Not a great build up ...

Cant really say that without knowing what was said.

Latest posts