What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for a new commentary team....

T

Juniors
kfc commentary box is the only good thing to come from them. KFC fingerlicking good fun :clap:

stormboy

Juniors
of course commetti used to commentate the cricket for ABC radio many many years ago and his comments now sound more like a radio telecast then a cricket one

sunny

CHAPPELLI IS A f**kIN' LEGEND!

Benaud is still good, Scuba O'Donnell has improved and become more popular but I'm still not a big fan, Lawry's alright most of the time, Taylor has improved, Heals is okay, but Tony Greig really f**kin shits me sometimes....bloody annoying. Then again, it seems sometimes that Greigy's been deliberately setting out to shit people since the moment they wiped the afterbirth from his arsecrack.

Mark Nicholas was bloody breath of fresh air this summer.........really liked the perspective he brought. On radio, Maxwell and O'Keeffe are good. I like Roebuck's perspective but christ he's a dickhead sometimes.

Put me down for the LU commentary team.

Anonymous

Juniors
Oh come on, Benaud, Greig, Lawry, and Chappelli are all institutions and legends, no matter how much sh*t they talk. Lawry in particular is hilarious, did you hear him when the Zimbabwean guy juggled the slips catch against India the other night??? HAHAHA it was hilarious.

Mark Nicholas is excellent, I just appreciate the fact that he gets excited about cricket and pays attention, and is always thinking. There's nothing worse than when a commentator doesn't seem excited to be there.

I actually really like all of the Indian and Pakistani commentators for some reason.

Martin Crowe is also hilarious, "heavens to betsy" :clap:

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't like Ian Smith, I cannot stand the guy, he is so full of his own sh*t it's unbelievable. He sounds as though everything he says is the result of some great epiphany that he's just had.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thierry Henry said:
Oh come on, Benaud, Greig, Lawry, and Chappelli are all institutions and legends, no matter how much sh*t they talk. Lawry in particular is hilarious, did you hear him when the Zimbabwean guy juggled the slips catch against India the other night??? HAHAHA it was hilarious.

Mark Nicholas is excellent, I just appreciate the fact that he gets excited about cricket and pays attention, and is always thinking. There's nothing worse than when a commentator doesn't seem excited to be there.

I actually really like all of the Indian and Pakistani commentators for some reason.

Martin Crowe is also hilarious, "heavens to betsy" :clap:

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't like Ian Smith, I cannot stand the guy, he is so full of his own sh*t it's unbelievable. He sounds as though everything he says is the result of some great epiphany that he's just had.

I must be the second, because I cant stand him either.

As for Mark Nicholas I really like him, he talks like he knows everything about cricket, good onya Mark. Where is he now though, how come hes not commentating in the VB Series.

As for Richie and Chappelli, sure theyre boring but what would cricket be without those two. Richie is a legend, the voice of cricket.

roosterboy60

Juniors
I can't stand any of the Nine regulars they are very boring. I'm the 3rd as I can't stand Smith either. Put me down for the LU commentary team.

broncos2008

Juniors
they really need to get rid of simon odonell and tubs. In simon's opinion no cricketers other than australians are any good.

I actually really enjoy bill and ian. Ian while been boring is extremely informative.

Also bill and tony are getting quite stale. mark nicholas is also very good. Ian healy is also good but he can be annoying at times. I really enjoy Mark Waugh, he's so laid back and is commentary is always spot on. I definately think kerry deserves a promotion he adds some character flair and entertainment value with that laugh of his.

Before you whinge about the australian commentators, i urge to make a plane flight to the subcontinent and listen to the Indian commentators. Whilst Ravi Shastri and Wasim Akram are very good, Geoff Boycott and Sunny Gavaskar are arrogant one-sided dickheads. NO one is good in their book.. that is all

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The Australian commentators arent as bad as some of the others.

The Indian and Pakistanis have pretty ordinary ones, apart from Ravi Shastri and Ramez Raja. Although I like that guy on ABC Radio, Hasha wats his name, I cant recall his last name, but hes pretty good.

In my opinion the best Aussie commentators so far are, Bill Lawry, Richie Benaud, Jim Maxwell, Kerry O'Keefe, and James Brayshaw.

And plus David Hookes was good on Fox Sports, its a shame hes no longer with us. :(

SirShire

First Grade
Richie is cool.

Tubby is a stooge and Greig is a pratt.

Some of the criticism they make is abit harsh on occasions...

RICHO

Juniors
Chappell always repeats what he says!!!
He somehow finds 4 or 5 different ways to say the same thing!!!! But it's generally after someone else has said it, and put the idea in his head.

Latest posts