What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time frame for Unity Boards first action

Card Shark

Immortal
Bullshyt. Absolute bullshyt.
These guys were voted in by members whos main grudge were that the 4 people were fired.
They very first commitment in every press release were that these 4 people would be returned immediately.

Maybe so but 2 wrongs don't make a right. :)

millersnose

Post Whore
Maybe a poll

You voted the previous board out because

A. The handling of asada and the equine press leak and lack of ability to land sponsors
B. I wanted Carney to resign
C. I wanted the fab four back
D. Other

Frenzy.

Immortal
You'd need to include an all of the above option. They are all part of it AFAIC. The average fanny fan only sees winning though. That's why I reckon the Carney rumour had a big bearing. The Fab Four and the handling of ASADA don't win games of footy. Influence performance perhaps but not actually get out there and do it.

millersnose

Post Whore
C'mon frenz

I guess picking at this scab is not productive but asada and equine press leaks were the main talking point

Carney was actually seen as more of a symptom of the above causes

Will have to agree to disagree

spider

Coach
C'mon frenz

I guess picking at this scab is not productive but asada and equine press leaks were the main talking point

Carney was actually seen as more of a symptom of the above causes

Will have to agree to disagree

The wheels fell off by trying to protect themselves by dismissing the fab four

The rest was like watching a car crash - the end result was always going to be inevitable

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The 2 biggest issues for the people that voted for unity were the sacked staff & Carney.
No need for a poll. Thats from a nominees mouth & not one from the old board.
So on the basis that the Carney slurr was an outright lie & the fact that their first point of action will not come into affect until they cover their arrses, it already makes this new board a scurrilous mob.

millersnose

Post Whore
To be fair to the previous mob they may well have been railroaded by the nrl into the asada appointments

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
that's a long bow reefy - they cant fortune tell
Apparently the ycan. Although they did adjust their fortune telling as the election progressed.
Things like removing proprietary material.
things like not removing the how to vote card which had Dumphys name on it, even though he had distanced himself from that mob.
Things like Dane Sorenson being called in to replace Dumphy, but somehow didnt get the votes the others on Unity did due to different how to vote tickets.
Things like saying the 4 will re-instated immediately to the 4 will be reinstated, once we have covered our arsses &take out directors insurance.

spider

Coach
Apparently the ycan. Although they did adjust their fortune telling as the election progressed.
Things like removing proprietary material.
things like not removing the how to vote card which had Dumphys name on it, even though he had distanced himself from that mob.
Things like Dane Sorenson being called in to replace Dumphy, but somehow didnt get the votes the others on Unity did due to different how to vote tickets.
Things like saying the 4 will re-instated immediately to the 4 will be reinstated, once we have covered our arsses &take out directors insurance.

Youve killed that strawman reefy

On the new mob, onward and upward as their tenure will be heavily scruitnised by all

Time will tell

I'd be seriously disappointed if they did act hastily without appropriate consideration. Regardless of whatever political point Reefy or anyone is trying to make / score

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'd be seriously disappointed if they did act hastily without appropriate consideration. Regardless of whatever political point Reefy or anyone is trying to make / score

Same, I just want whoever they are to make the place and the team, something to be proud of.

Few weeks time hopefully we can all just talk footy without anything hanging over our heads.

Eion

First Grade
Personally, the less I hear from the board the better. That's what the CEO is for.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The point im making is that the political point has been already scored. I Should say, HAVE been scored.
The Carney lie negatively affected all of the other candidates, not just Irvine. The average punter reflected that only Unity can get Carney. That was a complete fabrication. Therefore the Sparkles team & all of the other individuals like no-name PEter Cobb, would not get a look in.
Secondly the immediate reinstatement of the 4 sacked employees that was watered down to "well see" after all press articles had that as their first point of action. There is no way in hell they are going to action the commitment they made. Another great lie.
Make no mistake I did not want the old board back on in its entirity & I did not want Damian Irvine back on this time around.
But there was a better option for voters but the protest vote based on lies , won out.

carcharias

Immortal
Just on Dane Sorensen why did he not supply a pic or any info what so ever for
candidates booklet the club sent out?

Latest posts