What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time frame for Unity Boards first action

What you're basically saying, Reefy, is that one side played better politics than the other, yes?
The things you are asking for will not happen straight away.
If they find that the previous boards recommendations were correct then you probably won't hear anything about it for a few months, even then it may be a quick blurb, skewed to their own liking of course.
Just normal politicians to me.
Blah.

stevie013

Juniors
they played the game better and without research and staying U.T.D with goings on like everyone here, they were always going to get the average joe to vote for them unfortunately, and got in because of this.

lets see how they perform, and i believe they should perform straight away. i think that with all their 'connections' we should have a front shirt sponsor, ground sponsor, sleeve sponsor, hell, even corner post sponsors by the time our next 'actual' home game arrives.

for the record, i voted for a mix of old and new. i fear that they will push coleman out in the near future as well. douglas has already walked. having a completely new board i believe is not a good thing for the club. time will tell.

carcharias

Immortal
think about it..Keogh...what does he do for a job?
Of course they were going to win.

You think they accidently put Carney on the front of those unity leaflets?
They knew they were doing the wrong thing in terms of using his image but my guess is Carney was not too pissed off about it.

The local good looking good guy, ex aussie Olympian come successful business guru.
Doing radio interviews saying stuff fans want to hear without making ludicrous promises.
The chicks in the pub with the t-shirts on...classic .

It was run like an Malawian government election.
The more shit you give the voters, the more votes you get.

Credit where credit is due ..they came from nowhere and smashed it.

Peter Cobb had a go through here which was great.. but really ?

Dane couldn't even get his shit together enough to supply his photo FFS.

I am not sure if these blokes have alterior motives or what ...I just hope they stay the f**k out of the way the teams plays footy and just worry about the other stuff.

DI ended up with the 2 coaches at the club during his time hating his guts.
...and it appears all the players.
( I think he was only trying to do what he thought was the right thing by the club )

It is a bit like that old saying ...be careful what you wish for.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
What you're basically saying, Reefy, is that one side played better politics than the other, yes?.
No what I'm saying is that these guys are a shifty as all f**k. That is why they played politics.
They were desperate to get into power & lied & cheated their way to get there.
The reasons have to be from the following.

1. To extract money from the Sharks development & onto the pathetic local junior league wank fest.
2. The development will allow many opporitinities for board connected contractors to win job contracts, possibly worth millions. Or perhaps serviced apartments management rights worth may millions?
3. that the board is completely honest & trustworthy & have made a decision to gain power in the best interest of all of us becaue they are better than the likes of Douglas.
4. That there are people behind this board that are pulling the strings that have alterior motives.

somewhere amongst all of that lies the truth.

Quigs

Immortal
Has anybody told Unity? They were elected on the pretext that they would re-instate them immediately.

So the voice of "everybody" has spoken again.

I reckon that everyone who voted for the Unity party cannot have an opinion on the matter until or if they can produce photographic proof of their ballot paper's content as it was inserted into the ballot box.

If they can't then their vote should not be accepted.

stevie013

Juniors
Did the Unity ticket mention if they would relocate the team or not

if they tried to move the team, they wouldnt be in office very long. the members would knock the vote over at an egm pretty quickly id imagine, and you would have quite a few signatures to get them out.

cb4

First Grade
Has anybody told Unity? They were elected on the pretext that they would re-instate them immediately.

Is it? Not having a shot but I cant remember them saying they will definintiely re-instate them.
I recall them saying they would re-open the investigation into hiring the fab 4.

I doubt any of those guys would be re-instated anyway, Unity may think they are calling the shots, but I guarantee you Bruno Cullen will have more say than them.

It's no secret the NRL sent Bruno in to help get the wheels in motion to ship us off to Perth, however, Bruno has stated we are financially steady and things are in an appropriate working order here. So, if anything, he brought us some time.

Also now with the promotion of Guy Wallace, and the astute signing of Steve Noyce, there is no room for Mooney anyway.

The doctor and physio will probably not want to come back to work for us anyway.

On unity, I cant believe that everyone is writing them off so quickly.

Like it or not, they are now the leaders of the club. So we can either throw the toys out of the cot and bag them, or actually sit back, lower the blood pressure and see what they can do.

I'm lead to believe that some materialistic issues like sponsorship will be sorted, and sorted soon. I believe that a stadium sponsor is all but over the line, but was done by the old board and should be acknowledged that way.

I am giving these guys every opportunity to succeed, and not sitting around waiting for them to make a meal of it.

Stinkler

Juniors
The first action of "Unity" should be to call Kavanagh in, and demand she explains HOW she came to her conclusions, and provide some concrete proof.

millersnose

Post Whore
Maybe its just coincidence but I am a little suspicious that kavanaghs report was finished Justin time to avoid scrutiny by the new board

Speaking from a position of complete ignorance as to her terms I would have considered it appropriate to hold her report for the two days until the election and submit it to them first as a matter of professional courtesy

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Is it? Not having a shot but I cant remember them saying they will definintiely re-instate them.
I recall them saying they would re-.

they categorically said it then slowly watered it down to what you said. But by the time they watered it down, they were already the heroes for giving the 4 back their jobs.

Card Shark

Immortal
they categorically said it then slowly watered it down to what you said. But by the time they watered it down, they were already the heroes for giving the 4 back their jobs.

Don't people understand that in all this, someone or a few people have f**ked up.

Just maybe those 4 were closest too it & could have prevented the pain we are going through now??

millersnose

Post Whore
I think it more likely than not the fab four have at least been sloppy in record keeping and reporting

Given we haven't had a leak that they have a payer or official ready to roll and accept leniency it certainly doesnt look likely that there was a doping regime in the way described by the politicians and officials on thommo day

Sloppy in record keeping? We all wish it was this.

The allegations as i understand it from media reports are that they oversaw the injection of untested and unknown substances into perfectly healthy young men hoping it will improve their performance because some bloke told them it was ok.

They were sacked for it.

End of story.

Card Shark

Immortal
media reports

End of story.

Think about what you just wrote & realise that, who really knows .

Cannot trust the media on this. After today's revelations with poor Jon Mannah,, there is little doubt that they are getting their money's worth out of this, no expense to anyone spared.

Dank has admitted if today in quotes in the media, he only disputes the legality of it. The club said they were not sacked for illegalities but management failures. Same event but different issues.

Latest posts