What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Time the Origin fence was smashed in". Should all NRL players be considered?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Ffs, leave Origin alone. Watering down Rugby League's marquee competition is the worst f**king idea on the planet.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**k no.

They get their taste of Origin when we let them play against our best side made up of the best players from origin.

They can all get f**ked.

if they want to play the toughest series in the world of RL< then they should get their test side up to scratch for a f**king change. It's because England became so f**king pissweak at test level that origin became the marquee event in world RL.

Springs

First Grade
No.

All players who are eligible should be considered (those that lived in NSW or QLD before the age of 13). Those who are not eligible should not be considered.
Their current country of allegiance should not come into it.
All those born in NSW/lived there before turning 13 should be counted as NSWelshmen and allowed to play regardless of any other rep or club choices. Same with Queenslanders.

If we let SBW and Burgess play Origin we might as well just go back to the old state series or make it State of Choice. Would be a bit unfair letting Poms and Kiwis choose which state they play for but not Aussies.

T.S Quint

Coach
Player drain?
What player drain?
I'd hardly call one player leaving last year and one leaving this year as any sort of drain.

Also, why would Sonny Bill Williams be playing for QLD?

Stupid article.

Springs

First Grade
f**k no.

They get their taste of Origin when we let them play against our best side made up of the best players from origin.

They can all get f**ked.

if they want to play the toughest series in the world of RL< then they should get their test side up to scratch for a f**king change. It's because England became so f**king pissweak at test level that origin became the marquee event in world RL.

I'd say it's because of Super League and the scrapping of tours and Ashes series.

If all along we still had three test series against England and NZ at the end of the year instead of the one-off shit we had for so long it might still be the biggest Australian RL event in the media's eyes. The hype is all that makes Origin so big. Australia, England and NZ easily match the passion and standard of play seen in Origin.

Chook

First Grade
Superb idea! Let's change everything to suit f**king lol @ souffs. :roll:

Two of Rusty's love interests have left him for better pastures in recent years, maybe Rusty is the common denominator in all this.

Chook.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd say it's because of Super League and the scrapping of tours and Ashes series.

If all along we still had three test series against England and NZ at the end of the year instead of the one-off shit we had for so long it might still be the biggest Australian RL event in the media's eyes. The hype is all that makes Origin so big. Australia, England and NZ easily match the passion and standard of play seen in Origin.

It's many factors.

*the Superleague being so ineptly run for so long
*the test series being at the end of the year for both seasons, when attention in Australia is focussing on cricket and in England is turning to soccer
*the lack of tours
*as you say, 4 nations series etc instead of legitimate 3 test series.
*Australia essentially being allowed to do whatever the f**k they want internationally for decades.
*England clubs buying as many Australian, New Zealand and Islander players they possibly can, providing less places for English born players to make it into the top grade, so they decide to go and play Union or soccer instead.

Canard

Immortal
Player drain?
What player drain?
I'd hardly call one player leaving last year and one leaving this year as any sort of drain.

Stupid article.

Well it is Queensland and just because! :)

But seriously the word to some all this up is "kneejerk"

GongPanther

Referee
Stupid article.

A "stupid article" that creates discussion in websites like this.

So as a result in journalistic terms,the author has done what he gets paid for.

And in doing so,making the DT editor happy.

But IMO,where the player was born,that is the state that he should play for.How this got so lost in the translation over time is akin to Abbott & Costello's "Who's On First Base?"

I think the principle of Occam's Razor should be applied in this instance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Canard

Immortal

But IMO,where the player was born,that is the state that he should play for.How this got so lost in the translation over time is akin to Abbott & Costello's "Who's On First Base?"

I think the principle of Occam's Razor should be applied in this instance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Is that really the Tele's brief to generate discussion on LU?

T.S Quint

Coach

While this is true, it doesn't make the article any less stupid.

Gotta call it as it is - no one's going to say "Good on this author for generating discussion."

Yawn.

The concept has worked and grown into a phenomenon that everyone in every code envies. Every sport in Australia would love to generate the interest that State Of Origin generates.

Who thinks that they are game to f**k with the formula?

Yawn. Things must be slow at the DT.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Player drain?
What player drain?

Stupid article.

It reminds me of when the c*ckheads at Channel nein interviewed SBWanker in his Qlderp sh*t gear at half-time during one of the games. So cringe-worthy.

Last edited: