What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to Create a Media Frenzy - RE: The Board

ali

Bench
I have been having a read through all the other threads, and whilst it's great that some of you are passionate enough to write to the club, i can hardly see our board falling on their swords without some external pressure. I agree that we have had enough of mediocrity. Raper is probably going to get sacked anyway, so lets use this poor piece of management to get at the board again. The following is a list of major media contacts in Sydney. Send your opinions to these shows. If you decide to write a letter to the editor of one of those papers, keep it short and clear and make sure you list your full name, address and contact details.

Also keep your emails to the talkback shows short clear, or I guarantee they wont get read out.

2UE's Sports Today - sportstoday@2ue.com.au
2SM's Talkin Sport - yoursay@talkinsport.com
2KY's Big Sports Breakfast - bigsports@2ky.com.au
Sydney Morning Herald Letters to the editor - letters@smh.fairfax.com.au
Daily Telegraph letters to the editor - letters@dailytelegraph.com.au - Both the Saturday Tele and Herald have sports letters sections.
MX Letters (Mx is a free news ltd paper handed out every arvo in Sydney) - sydtalk@mxnet.com.au
Boots n All - bootsnall@nine.com.au
Footy show? -fats.sack@nine.com.au
Rebecca Wilson - wilsonr@sundaytelegraph.com.au
Sunday Telegraph - letters@sundaytelegraph.com.au
The Sunday Roast - thesundayroast@nine.com.au

Feej

First Grade
Rebecca Wilson's a bit of schit stirrer.

Maybe a few emails to her might get the ball rolling?

Slats

Juniors
I agree Rebecca Wilson doesn't mind a bit of a sheet stir, And her and Phil Rothfield have teamed up in the Sunday Tele so if we all direct emails at her about Raper's piss poor performances over the last 3 years then the club might actually do something about it

gavin_miller

Juniors
As much as I love the club, and as much as I agree Stuey needs to go, I would never write to Rebecca Wilson for anything other than to wish her my worst...

wittyfan

Referee
I doubt Wilson would be much help, she'll just blame the sacking of "Opes" to have led to our current woes.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Stuart Raper could be a useful tool in the removal of the board.
perhaps a show of support for Raper will keep him in the job.
then when the losses are mounting, the board could take the heat. Wake up a few members.

beekershark

Bench
interesting tactic reefy. I for one am sick of the musical chairs in the coaching role, yet the board keeps washing their hands of footy cluib performance.

well, THEY employ the coaches and staff, THEY must MUST take responsibility if the people they put on are not up to it, or not ABLE to perform to their best at our club for whatever reason.

Slats

Juniors
Should be interested if any media actually listens to our emails and reports on them, surely they'll see that the fans aren't happy and say something...

Well i hope so anyway

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
beekershark said:
interesting tactic reefy. I for one am sick of the musical chairs in the coaching role, yet the board keeps washing their hands of footy cluib performance.

well, THEY employ the coaches and staff, THEY must MUST take responsibility if the people they put on are not up to it, or not ABLE to perform to their best at our club for whatever reason.
Indeed - the fish stinks from the head down.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Accountability

That is the word the administration has torn out of the dictionary.

Use it in evry sentence to whoever you write to, speak to , dream of, when it comes to our board.

They lack the courage to be accountable for THEIR decisions.

It is a message that permiates from the top down till the players themsleves don't feel accountable for their performance.

Why should they when the board
is not accountable for theirs.

It seems the only one accountable is the coach.

dreary

Juniors
Chondricthyes said:
It seems the only one accountable is the coach.

This is the big problem that i see too, I don't think it will make a rats of difference if Raper is punted, just more bad press and make the sharks even more unattractive to genuine quality coaches.

I think he should go but not without the guys who put him there, we need the full broom run through the club. Without the Board gone the coach won't matter.

beekershark

Bench
Very well said, and it is something that is pretty easily fixed. Ive no doubt the board and all staff WANT a premiership and hate losing, but they have allowed their day to day running get clouded.

I hope the board read this and LISTEN. That's all most fans, me included, want.

Aries

Bench
Just went up the street to get the dogs some din dins...

Tune in to 1269 2SM or the Talking Sport feed..

you may here your emails read out...

they said the Sharks fans aint happy and they have been flooded with emails... and are going to read some of them!

nogigtoobig

Juniors
Aries said:
Just went up the street to get the dogs some din dins...

Tune in to 1269 2SM or the Talking Sport feed..

you may here your emails read out...

they said the Sharks fans aint happy and they have been flooded with emails... and are going to read some of them!

Power to the people keep it up .

Nathan Brown, Brian Smith and other club managements get crusified by the fans and the media for loosing 2 straight as we aproach a new away loosing history, maybe our hearts and the facts will prevail this time. The time is now.

Latest posts