What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to make a stand

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think in today's woke world mate words now mean whatever the person who hears them wants them to mean.
It is expected that you totally ignore years and years of common usage and dictionary definitions if it isnt what you want them to mean when you hear them.

Woke or not, it's f**king dumb.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If it came across as implied that isn't my intent, indeed I thought it explicit. Yes I am opposed to us signing Bennett, I don't think he is the answer for our club.

It's a mixed metaphor FFS!

Fair enough, mate.

I honestly don't know if Bennett would be the answer (not that he's coming, anyway) - but I do think that he is a much better coach than Arthur, and we're he to come, we should be in a good position moving forward.

Eelementary

Post Whore
....and how would he leave the club once his time is done?

His recent record suggests not in such great shape, so the risk is also if he doesn't bring that premiership, how many steps backwards does the club end up afterwards.

I'd argue we can't really get in much worse shape than we are now, and this fanbase is starved of on-field success.

It's a moot point - we're not interested in his services, apparently.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Where did I agree he should go? I made no argument either way.

Why is it so difficult for merkins to understand simple concepts like words mean what they mean, they don't mean other words, no matter how much you'd like them to.

I'm not particularly convinced he is still a great coach, I've explained this, and why already.
You don't think he should go.

And you also haven't said he should stay.

Hell of a contribution...but very Parramatta!

Bandwagon

Staff member
I'd argue we can't really get in much worse shape than we are now, and this fanbase is starved of on-field success.

It's a moot point - we're not interested in his services, apparently.

We've been in much worse shape, both on the field and off.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember early in 2009 I got asked what I thought about having Bennett and I said I hated it.
Fast forward 2 years and I seen my club hold the JJ twice and broke a 3 decade drought. Those memories I cherish and they sustain me through all the bad times.

The Eels have the talent, they just need a harder edge and narrow focus on success. A few tweaks from Wayne and you'd have a team that would be holding the Provan-Summons within 3 seasons.
He couldn’t even win with Souths, a club that got Maguire a premiership.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is Wayne 2024 still as relevant as Wayne 2009?

I reckon if we were to get him it'll end more like the Knights than the Dragons.
Before Bennett got there the Knights made the finals twice in three years. While he was there they made the finals once. We all saw what happened after he left. Back ended contracts are for lesser coaches to mop up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It may not be that Bennett is not a good enough replacement. It may be what he is demanding in terms of money and length of contract (at this stage - early contract negotiation) that make him unattractive for the club.

It is clear Bennett sees blood in the water at souths so is trying to maximise deal length and $$$ (Leverage).

Everyone reckons he is a done deal at souths. However nothing is done until a contract is signed - so lets wait and see what happens.

Why throw all your cards on the table? Why not let Bennett and souths potentially go sour and build some resentment over the negotiation. Maybe we are playing the long game. We do not need to be irrational in this circumstance.
We are playing 5D chess ffs

T-Boon

Coach
There’s actually eels fans who prefer the idea of keeping Arthur over getting Bennett in?

I am about to werewolf.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think he would improve us but possibly not enough to justify the extra cost. That money might be better spent on pathways for example.
Yeah bringing Bennett to the club wouldn’t bring any extra money at all lol. f**k me you are deadset are kidding yourself.

He would bring shit loads more in sponsorship and memberships than what extra he costs the club. Even a club like Brisbane second time around couldn’t believe what extra he brought to the club compared to a dopey hump like Griffen. You love dopey humps like Griffen if the club replaced him with Bea you’d be blowing triple ropers all over the place.

Latest posts