What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to make a stand

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
On what planet is Martina the GOAT?? One club coach whose success was built off systematic cheating. What’s he won since Cam Smith left???? That scummy merkin is the GOAT. Martina is a great coach but the GOAT call is laughable.

For the record, the best I've seen would be Jack Gibson.

With regard to comparing Bellyache over Bennett, here are the facts

BENNETT V BELLAMY

NRL coaching records of Brisbane's Wayne Bennett and Melbourne's Craig Bellamy as Brisbane eyes the possibility of luring Bellamy to replace Bennett.

WAYNE BENNETT

Advertisement

NRL coaching career

Clubs: Canberra 1987, Brisbane 1988-08, 2015-18, St George Illawarra 2009-11, Newcastle 2012-14

Matches: 799

Premierships: 7 (1992, 93, 97 (Super League), 98, 2000, 2006, 2010)

Wins: 495

Losses: 290

Draws: 14

Winning percentage: 62 per cent

CRAIG BELLAMY

NRL coaching career

Clubs: Melbourne2003-18

Matches: 406

Premierships: 2 (2012, 2017)

Wins: 275

Losses: 129

Draws: 2

Winning percentage: 67.7 per cent

Bennett v Bellamy head-to-head

Matches 33

Wins: Bennett 10, Bellamy 23.

Winning percentage: Bennett 30.3 per cent, Bellamy 69.7 per cent.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When Bellamy leaves the safety of Melbun and all their advantages I’ll rate him higher.

He’s behind Jack and then Bennett if you ask me. The Wok was criminally underrated.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
When Bellamy leaves the safety of Melbun and all their advantages I’ll rate him higher.

He’s behind Jack and then Bennett if you ask me. The Wok was criminally underrated.

I reckon Benny had a greater advantage at the Bronco with regard to players and resources than Bellyache has had at Melbourne, and as I've stated many times, Benny should have done better than he did with the resources he had available imo.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon Benny had a greater advantage at the Bronco with regard to players and resources than Bellyache has had at Melbourne, and as I've stated many times, Benny should have done better than he did with the resources he had available imo.
I don’t think any clubs has been favoured more the last 25 years than Melbun, hit with a wet lettuce leaf after being caught systematic cheating. Propped up by News limited for almost 20 years with an extra 8 million a season. The rub of the field constantly and had the GOAT captaining his side for 17 seasons. He’s won zero without him and look at what a dud he was at origin level.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And how has Bennett gone since leaving Brisbane? The Dragons premiership was impressive, but he also had Melbourne out of the way.

King-Gutho94

Coach
How many more comps should Bennett have won in Brisbane during his 1st stint.

He won 6 in 21 years thats on average one premiership every 3 and half years.

You can't win it every year. I think thats a good enough strike rate.

Bellamy has never won B2B titles including the years they cheated the cap.

Robbo & Ivan have even managed to do that in recent years. Bennett did so in the 90s.

If you compare Bellamy & Bennett - Bennett has gone to different places and had success.

Bennett also won Origin series including 2020 with deadset the worst QLD side i have seen they had Corey Allan at FB, Edrick & Brenko Lee in the centres, Phil Sami on the wing ffs.

Bellamy also lost 3 series at origin level with a side better then what Bennett had at his disposal in 2020.

Wally21

Bench
They won two games in the second half of the season. Tell me again about the triumph of Wayne over adversity!
Mate, so you would keep BA. That’s fine and your opinion is as valid as the next person on this forum. I would like to see our club be driven by accountability and a singular focus on winning a title. Not be satisfied with making the finals for a few years and then falling off the pace. I’m sure you have the same respect for my opinion.

Noise

Coach
Bellamy had the best resources. He was cheating the salary cap and had the greatest player of all time when he won most of his premierships.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He must still be going pretty good, as you've been advocating it would be OK to sack the current bloke for him.
I don't think he is going that well, to be honest. My confidence in Bennett is based on his vast experience and his exploits from long ago.

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't think he is going that well, to be honest. My confidence in Bennett is based on his vast experience and his exploits from long ago.
You've still advocated that it would be ok to punt the current bloke for him.

If Bennett is not going well, the current bloke must not be going as well as Bennett.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You've still advocated that it would ok to punt the current bloke for him.

If Bennett is not going well, the current bloke must not be going as well as Bennett.
Like I said, if I was going to sign Bennett it wouldn't be for how well he's been going. I think our team has been good under Arthur's since 2019, including last year. This year we're in a bit of a hole but I don't think coaching is the problem.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Chipmunk

Coach
Like I said, if I was going to sign Bennett it wouldn't be for how well he's been going. I think our team has been good under Arthur's since 2019, including last year. This year we're in a bit of a hole but I don't think coaching is the problem.
I think every coach who has coached in the NRL since 2019 would've achieved at minimum the same with the same players. I suspect most would've achieved more.

Latest posts