What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.6%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think it will happen.

The board answer to no one, they have no need to listen to the fans as our "Membership" has not direct influence on the boards job.

Remember the days that we all thought that Denis was untouchable. . . well this lot actually are.
It's better this way.

DaveMc

Juniors
We are absolutely certain of everything around here. Because we are so well informed.
We are absolutely certain of one thing - Brad Arthur is no longer coach of the Parramatta Eels. And that decision was made by the people in the club with the power to make that decision. That makes the decision inherently correct. Therefore, we are certain that sacking Arthur was the right thing to do.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We are absolutely certain of one thing - Brad Arthur is no longer coach of the Parramatta Eels. And that decision was made by the people in the club with the power to make that decision. That makes the decision inherently correct. Therefore, we are certain that sacking Arthur was the right thing to do.
Yep, as was bringing him to the club and retaining him for ten years. It's been a long time since we had a ten year period with this many wins.

Noise

Coach
This is the first year since 2018 we've lost more than half our games. We are temporarily in the bottom four, and a genuine mid-tier club. That wasn't the case at the end of 2013. We had just won back-to-back spoons.
How temporarily? About another 15 weeks I reckon. Arthur has taken us back to being genuine cellar dwellers. Like he did 6 years ago.

Gronk

Staff member
I mean he’s not wrong.
Well he is. His beef is that that we sacked the coach and had to pay him out for the rest of his contract.

So what he is saying that the Chairman should have a) NOT taken up his option immediately after the 2022 GF, b) taken up the option but somehow convinced him that a payout clause where he gets f**k all if sacked is a good idea or c) not sacked him at all to save the $1.5m.

If you listen to the audio, Hadley has a sandy vag because he demanded a meeting with the Chairman and was told to jam it. Frankly, Hadley has been Fitzy’s messenger and agitator for 20 years and he is the last person anyone from the Eels should give 5 minutes of their day to.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We are back to 'getting out of the bottom 4' is the goal.
Yep, he gave us a spoon and a return to where he started. Solid coach but how many others coaches could have done the same or better job with 11 seasons. He’s been a failure and should have went in 2018.

At least he was able to help his kids career’s along I suppose there is that……….

Legal Eel

Juniors
In all seriousness and limiting my reply to rugby league matters, I can't see him being sacked by our board.

There is no doubt he should be, as yesterday's performance was highly embarrassing and the third of fourth of its kind this year. It's indicative of a team that is either not prepared properly, or not listening to the coaching staff. Either way, both of those situations mean BA's position should be untenable.

But there is an inertia about Paramatta's operations and that inertia seems to carry through to players, coaching, admin, the whole box and dice. Change at this club is usually ponderous and well after the horse has bolted, which is why we bottom out when poor, as we just lack the dynamism in management and coaching to adjust.

Because of that inertia, I truly think he will be here at least until the end of this year and, unfortunately, I think that means they will view this year as a lost year for many reasons and give him his last year.

Well this aged ridiculously poorly!
Given the departure from inertia that the board has shown, I have to assume they now have a plan in place.