What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to pack it in.

sladden road

Juniors
As we have discussed in here our pack appears to be getting dominated at times.
Others have suggested that we lack mongrel, which I agree with. We lack a enforcer, within the times of course.

Injuries and father time have dented our capability this year, yet there is some cap space coming with the reported 800 k for each of Af and Wade up for grabs.
Yet we need someone for this year to stay in touch with the top . Without it I fear we are 7/8 or even lower.
I reckon there’s no chance Lodge comes or BBQ version 2.
So where do we make a move.
How many spots left in the 30?
For mine we need a Brown Parra kinda player, or Klemmer..

shhez we need some size and straight running .

Special K

Coach
We have upgraded pretty much everyone and bringing Kafusi in. I can’t see us buying a “name”

BHU, Toby, Kafusi, Dale is a pretty legit 4 man rotation. BHU was belting everyone the first few games

Stake Removed

First Grade
I am not keen on paying big money for a prop, but agree we do need someone who charges onto that ball good defender.
We have both Royce Hunt off contract we should keep him.
Pele but he can't even get to be a starter with the Jets.
Klemmer would be great pick up should Knights pay some freight.
Jarrod Wallace off contract not sure how much he would want.
Rhys Kennedy could be a cheapie.
We do have Hazelton and JC coming through, would love to see how they go at some stage this year.
Uele the younger another cheapie we should keep

island pro

Juniors
As we have discussed in here our pack appears to be getting dominated at times.
Others have suggested that we lack mongrel, which I agree with. We lack a enforcer, within the times of course.

Injuries and father time have dented our capability this year, yet there is some cap space coming with the reported 800 k for each of Af and Wade up for grabs.
Yet we need someone for this year to stay in touch with the top . Without it I fear we are 7/8 or even lower.
I reckon there’s no chance Lodge comes or BBQ version 2.
So where do we make a move.
How many spots left in the 30?
For mine we need a Brown Parra kinda player, or Klemmer..

shhez we need some size and straight running .
I could get around Brown for modest dollars. Seems to have slipped down the pecking order a bit at Parra. Don't think we'll be getting anyoine this season though.

chewsta

First Grade
Klemmer is still playing great and would add some much needed size and aggression.

Hazelton is definitely worth persisting with, I'm shocked he hasn't already broken into the side to be honest. How old is he? Looks 57.

Pele meh. I just don't see it in him. Physically he has it all, but he seems lazy, lacks real mongrel and that competitive streak that could see him destroy teams single handedly. If he had the same kamikaze attitude as Connor Tracey he would be terrifying and unstoppable.

R-15-3

Juniors
I wouldn’t mind Jacob Siafiti, out of Newcastle away from his brothers shadow, the right age to come into his prime under a new system.

Newcastle have 4-5 props who all play a very similar role, they need to move 1-2 on and add 1-2 smaller faster props imo.

R-15-3

Juniors
Another cheap option could be Josh Kerr, not a stand out prop but another who could improve a lot outside his current system, few friends at the sharks 2.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I wouldn’t mind Jacob Siafiti, out of Newcastle away from his brothers shadow, the right age to come into his prime under a new system.

Newcastle have 4-5 props who all play a very similar role, they need to move 1-2 on and add 1-2 smaller faster props imo.
They need to free up cash for the spine