What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to scrap the cap

Roosterphin1

Juniors
After the storm getting caught cheating, the Gasnier fiasco and now this farce with Greg Inglis surely it is now time to get rid of the cap and make clubs become financially viable to survive.

I mean it is obvious that some clubs are cheating the system anyway so why bother with it

cleary89

Coach
Im worried about all the back ending of comtracts. What happens in 3 years time if each club has 3 players on 500k when their worth was 300k? Going to make the comp sh*tter

ANTiLAG

First Grade
You get rid of the cap and the Broncos will dominate everything- it will be 97/98 all over.

Ridiculous idea.

macavity

Referee
its always the fans of a very small number of clubs in favour of this ridiculous idea.

how about we just raise it, get rid of the ridiculous loopholes, and strictly enforce it?

Roosterphin1

Juniors
its always the fans of a very small number of clubs in favour of this ridiculous idea.

how about we just raise it, get rid of the ridiculous loopholes, and strictly enforce it?

How do you raise the cap? What with? There are clubs out there now that cant afford the cap as it is now.

sure lets get rid of the salary cap i mean seriously i would love to see the same teams (i.e Brisbane, Sydney, Manly etc) win the competition every year

Big Sam

First Grade
True, it would end up like the English Premier League but is there anything wrong with that? Wouldn't it be great for the game to have stars like Hayne and Carney playing on the same team each week?

butchmcdick

Post Whore
True, it would end up like the English Premier League but is there anything wrong with that? Wouldn't it be great for the game to have stars like Hayne and Carney playing on the same team each week?

Only if they were playing for your team.

adamkungl

Immortal
No thanks, there needs to be a cap, just a little bit more flexible. Reward the big successful clubs like Brisbane by allowing 3rd party sponsorship free for all, AND reward the smaller clubs like Penrith, Newcastle etc for developing juniors with cap concessions.

Dingus

Juniors
Backending of contracts is perfectlty fair, it will just come back to bite the clubs that do it.

macavity

Referee
The cap needs LESS flexibility.

Same rules for all.

In this context "flexibility" is a euphamism for "rort".

BunniesMan

Immortal
I believe in a cap but with more flexibility to benefit everyone. Unlimited 3rd party payments (but not just billionaires giving bags of cash away, it still should be for players actually doing a job outside of footy,whether it be marketing/charity etc etc) and concessions for juniors a team has developed, as well as concessions for playing X amount of years with the same club.

macavity

Referee
I believe in a cap but with more flexibility to benefit everyone. Unlimited 3rd party payments (but not just billionaires giving bags of cash away, it still should be for players actually doing a job outside of footy,whether it be marketing/charity etc etc) and concessions for juniors a team has developed, as well as concessions for playing X amount of years with the same club.

There you go, this idiot wants flexibility - it must be a bad idea.

Latest posts