What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timmo indirectly saying he won't with us in '07

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I hope he comes back. Tingha is still 23 tries short of breaking Johnny King's record. But he still has at least one more year to run at Hull and might be getting on a bit by then.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
2 of the years he got top tryscorer he had guys like Sailor & Tuquiri playing in the comp. Did they get close to 20?

I remember Sailor once saying that he could not believe how Blacklock was never chosen for NSW as he would be a huge threat.

Nathan was and will always be a Dragons legend as he provided much more highlights than lowlights.

Tingha was also great under the high ball. Did not drop no way near as many as Tahu use to yet he always got the nod ahead of him.

That game against the Tigers where he scored that chip over the top in the dying seconds will always remain as my biggest Blackloch highlight that is for sure. 1999 Grand final try he scored would of been the No.1 highlight but memories of that game hurt too much.......

Thanks for the memories Tingha.

Stranger

Coach
Stop talking crap willow, i never said Blacklock was bad in any other area but defence. He is a fantastic offensive player, but there is no question as far as im concerned, that he had a definate lack in ability when it comes to defence.

I can remember George Carmot making some rippers in defence, still, he is a definate bad defender...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Stranger said:
Stop talking crap willow, i never said Blacklock was bad in any other area but defence. He is a fantastic offensive player, but there is no question as far as im concerned, that he had a definate lack in ability when it comes to defence.

I can remember George Carmot making some rippers in defence, still, he is a definate bad defender...
Cry me a river.

FMD, I can't believe anyone would mention Carmont in the same breath as Blacklock. Carmont is a complete nuffy in comparison. Tingha was a match winner in every sense of the word. Shows how much of Blacklock you've seen... next to zero is my guess.

We've established that Blacklock was great under the high ball. Plus he pulled off intercepts with amazing regularity. He did his bit in cover, often.
But we've still got fringe dwellers thinking he was crook in defence.

FFS, did you read anything I said about ruck defence? Blacklock is a winger... these are the basics of the game.

What's your view on how the commentators praise Joey while overlooking how much of a drain he is on the Newcastle club? Great player but how much has this reliance on Johns cost the Knights?

Saint 60

Juniors
o hes seen plenty of Blacklock mate....i made sure of that lol

Blacklock did sometimes play fullback.....not my preferred position for him thats for sure...awesome player tho - id have him back in a shot.

Stranger

Coach
FMD, I can't believe anyone would mention Carmont in the same breath as Blacklock. Carmont is a complete nuffy in comparison. Tingha was a match winner in every sense of the word. Shows how much of Blacklock you've seen... next to zero is my guess.
:lol: , Looks like willow was a beloved tinga fan... And carmot just like Blacklock can be a match winner... and just like Blacklock, Carmot can cost the team through an easy try...

We've established that Blacklock was great under the high ball. Plus he pulled off intercepts with amazing regularity. He did his bit in cover, often.

We have established that? Blacklock was good under the high ball till he turned up againts salior or Tuqiri, and he went to sh*t.

What's your view on how the commentators praise Joey while overlooking how much of a drain he is on the Newcastle club? Great player but how much has this reliance on Johns cost the Knights?
I dont give a toss about what the commentators say, obviously you do? And if you go through my posts on the Johns issue i was definately not a Joey pusher by any stretch...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nice selective quoting. :lol:
Are you interested in addressing the basics of defence and where the onus of defence lies?
I guess not.
Stranger said:
Looks like willow was a beloved tinga fan
It's spelt 'Tingha" - get it right.
Nothing wrong with admiring Tingha. You seem to have an issue with this.
Stranger said:
And carmot just like Blacklock can be a match winner...
Oh dear, comparing Blacklock to Carmont again.
So you think Blacklock and Carmont are in the same category as match winners.
Talk about fast tracking yourself to zero cred.
Stranger said:
I dont give a toss about what the commentators say, obviously you do?
I think I've made it abundantly clear that I do not care too much for the commentators on this - have you read my posts?

You bringing up Blacklock against Sailor and Tuqiri is another commentator glitch on your part. Funny how the media often made that comparison, and so are you. You're obviously a slave to mediaspeak.
Stranger said:
And if you go through my posts on the Johns issue i was definately not a Joey pusher by any stretch...
So do you believe that Joey is a burden on the Knights?

Stranger

Coach
I beleive Johns has cost the Knights yes, but he has also rewarded us greatly...

You bringing up Blacklock against Sailor and Tuqiri is another commentator glitch on your part. Funny how the media often made that comparison, and so are you. You're obviously a slave to mediaspeak.
Im obviously im comparing him to the best wingers at the time? And obviously, Tingha isn't going compete with either of them...
Oh dear, comparing Blacklock to Carmont again.
So you think Blacklock and Carmont are in the same category as match winners.
Talk about fast tracking yourself to zero cred.
Where did i say they are both on the same level? I said they are both potential match winners.
Nice selective quoting.
Are you interested in addressing the basics of defence and where the onus of defence lies?
I guess not.
Come again? I clearly stated that Blacklock missed rep sides purely because of his ordinary defence... Blacklock had definate problems tackling, and when competiting against the better wingers had problems under the highball...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Stranger said:
Im obviously im comparing him to the best wingers at the time? And obviously, Tingha isn't going compete with either of them...
Wrong again. He competed well against both players regularly, as they did with him.
Stranger said:
Where did i say they are both on the same level? I said they are both potential match winners.
You said, "And carmot just like Blacklock can be a match winner..."

You've now slipped in the word 'potential' :lol:

Sounds like you're back peddling.

Sorry to break it to you, but if a list of the top ten wingers of all time is ever released, Blacklock would be there.
Carmont wouldn't make the top 100.
Stranger said:
Come again? I clearly stated that Blacklock missed rep sides purely because of his ordinary defence...
Another piece of creative editing.

You said: "Blacklock wasnt worth a rep jersey."

Obviously the Australian selectors thought differently.
Looks you got it wrong again.
Stranger said:
Blacklock had definate problems tackling
LMAO. He knew how to tackle. Keep digging.
Stranger said:
and when competiting against the better wingers had problems under the highball...
LOL. Rubbish.

Btw, you have again failed to address the basics regarding the onus of defence. Its obviously too difficult.

And you have issues with people being Tingha fans.

Stranger

Coach
LMAO. He knew how to tackle. Keep digging.
Bravo. Everyone knows how to tackle, Morley knows how to tackle yet he hits heads... Blacklock did have a problem tackling, his problem was he was bad at it...

Another piece of creative editing.

You said: "Blacklock wasnt worth a rep jersey."

Obviously the Australian selectors thought differently.
Looks you got it wrong again.
And i stand by that, Blacklock wasn't worth a rep jersey...

You said, "And carmot just like Blacklock can be a match winner..."

You've now slipped in the word 'potential'

Sounds like you're back peddling.

Sorry to break it to you, but if a list of the top ten wingers of all time is ever released, Blacklock would be there.
Carmont wouldn't make the top 100.

Yeah? cause they can both potentially lose the match for their respective teams. Ohh and hate to break it to you Willow, but Carmont aint a winger;-)
:lol: Top 10 wingers with blacklock HAHAHAHAHA one of your best willow :thumb , Only if it was based completly on offence...
Wrong again. He competed well against both players regularly, as they did with him.
:lol: Blacklock isn't fit to be mentioned with the likes of Sailor and Tuqiri... He could never stand upto either of them...

And you have issues with people being Tingha fans.
And you came to that conclusion how?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Stranger said:
And i stand by that, Blacklock wasn't worth a rep jersey...
And I say again the Australian selectors don't agree with you.
Stranger said:
Yeah? cause they can both potentially lose the match for their respective teams.
And you're contradicting yourself. You said: "And carmot just like Blacklock can be a match winner..."
Stranger said:
Ohh and hate to break it to you Willow, but Carmont aint a winger;-)
I'll say. And he's even worse at centre.

You're the one comparing him with a winger. And remember you think George Carmont is in the same class as Blacklock. :lol:

Hope I'm not going too fast for you here but I assumed you said this was because Carmont has played winger... and heaven forbid, he is even listed as winger...

The NRL profile has George Carmont thinking he is a winger:
Usual position
Wing
http://www.nrl.com/myclub/players.cfm?TeamID=7&PlayerID=1074

Good grief, the Newcastle Knights also disagree with you...
George Carmont
Preferred position: Wing
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/about/profile.asp?id=11

I guess you know more about it then those guys.

Lets see, the Australian selectors, the NRL, and the Knights... all wrong according to you. :lol:
Stranger said:
Top 10 wingers with blacklock HAHAHAHAHA one of your best willow
Well you're the kid with acute football brain, lets see you name your top 10 wingers.
Stranger said:
Blacklock isn't fit to be mentioned with the likes of Sailor and Tuqiri...
A sad opinion from a simple Blacklock knocker.
Stranger said:
And you came to that conclusion how?
Some silly cynicism from you a few posts back.

Stranger

Coach
And you're contradicting yourself. You said: "And carmot just like Blacklock can be a match winner..."

Yeah Carmot can be a match winner... what is it about that, that you don't understand?

I'll say. And he's even worse at centre.

You're the one comparing him with a winger. And remember you think George Carmont is in the same class as Blacklock.
Putting words in my mouth Willow? Tsk Tsk... Quote me where i said that Carmot is as good or nearly as good as Blacklock?

A sad opinion from a simple Blacklock knocker.
Yet Truth stings a bit dosn't it willow? I dont dislike Blacklock, hes just not the almighty winger he is made out to be by dragons fan's such as yourself.

Lets see, the Australian selectors, the NRL, and the Knights... all wrong according to you.
Looks like it says prefered position?
Tahu's 'prefered' position at the knights before he left was center, yet by golly he was a winger.
Where did Carmot play all his games this year willow? You can have a look if you want, so wouldnt that also change his 'usual' position? Though, its not unusual for NRL.com to be wrong though is it Willow?

And I say again the Australian selectors don't agree with you.
But the blues selectors did.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Stranger said:
Yeah Carmot can be a match winner... what is it about that, that you don't understand?
So he is a match winner and a match loser? Talk about covering your arse both ways.
Let me guess, you put $2 each way on the favourite in the Melbourne Cup.

btw, the correct spelling is Carmont. You've got it wrong twice now.
Stranger said:
Putting words in my mouth Willow?
Not at all. Just quoting your words and noting the contradictions. You're the one who's all over the shop.
Stranger said:
Yet Truth stings a bit dosn't it willow?
You mean as opposed to you ignoring the facts?
Stranger said:
I dont dislike Blacklock
Yeah sure, you're a Blacklock fan. lol. Pull the other one. LOL
Stranger said:
hes just not the almighty winger he is made out to be by dragons fan's such as yourself.
So it unsettles you that Dragons fans hold Blacklock in high regard. That being the case I would suggest that you're in the wrong forum and therefore doing a bit of common trolling.

In any case I recommend you look at the facts again and Blacklock's extra special history at Saints. Maybe then you can begin to understand. His record speaks for itself.

Shame there's no one in the wooden spooners who can be held in the same high regard.... oh, except for George Carmont offcourse. :lol:
Stranger said:
Looks like it says prefered position?
LMAO... word games. You're trying tell George Carmont he isn't a winger but it is his preferred position.

And the other says it is his usual position. Perhaps winger/centre is a better description.

In any case, you got it wrong. No shame in admitting it.

I've seen Carmont play wing and centre. Perhaps I've seen more of him than you. His is a sometimes solid enough player but overall I don't rate him that highly.
Stranger said:
Tahu's 'prefered' position at the knights before he left was center, yet by golly he was a winger.
WTF has Tahu got to do with it?
Stranger said:
Where did Carmot play all his games this year willow? You can have a look if you want, so wouldnt that also change his 'usual' position? Though, its not unusual for NRL.com to be wrong though is it Willow?
Again, its Carmont.

And the Newcastle Knights site is wrong as well?

Oh I forgot, everyone else is wrong and Stranger is right.

Here, I'll say it so that even you can understand...
Carmont has played wing.... that's fact. You said he is not a winger... you were wrong.
This was after you compared him to Blacklock, another winger... naturally I assumed you were referring to Carmont as being a winger as well (because he has played that position).

You then smugly said 'Carmont is not a winger'... but it backfired on you.

There you go, I have now spelled it out so you can't possibly get it wrong again.
Stranger said:
But the blues selectors did.
And they copped a lot of criticism, dividing opinion.

And phooey to Messers Pearce, McCarthy, Fulton, Fish and Gerard for selecting a team which were then subsequently flogged by Queensland.

Doesn't change the fact that Blacklock did gain rep duties with Australia.

Godz Illa

Coach
Regarding non-NSW selection, the facts are these.

In 1999 the NSW selectors controversially overlooked Blacklock, in favour of Matt Geyer and Darren Albert. Queensland retained the Origin shield. Blacklock went on to top the NRL tryscoring list 3 years running, gaining an Australian Test jersey in the process. Neither Geyer nor Albert represented their State or Country ever again. Their original selection can be clearly acknowledged as an egregious error by the NSW coach and selectors.

We are witnessing an exercise of concentrated delusion, courtesy of lamewad Stranger. Blacklock's career achievements cannot be ignored, nor distorted. Dally M Winger Of The Year 3 times - winning the award ahead of such 'luminaries' as Sailor, Tuqiri and MacDougall. These are facts - far stronger evidence than the petty, whiny, deluded opinion of a dense spoon-fed Knights supporter.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dally M???????
So basically you are saying that the likes of Frilingos, Ritchie, and Chesterton (back in those yrs) thought that Tingha was the best winger ahead of the likes of McDougall, Sailor and Lote.
Sure, Tingha was a very very very good winger, but dont use the Dally M argument. It is lame.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great post Godz Illa :clap:
Godz Illa said:
These are facts - far stronger evidence than the petty, whiny, deluded opinion of a dense spoon-fed Knights supporter.
Would that be a wooden spoon?

Don't get me wrong, they earned it.

Godz Illa

Coach
Mr Saab said:
So basically you are saying that the likes of Frilingos, Ritchie, and Chesterton (back in those yrs) thought that Tingha was the best winger ahead of the likes of McDougall, Sailor and Lote.
Actually, back in those years the Dally M judges also included members of the Fox commentary team such as Laurie Daley & Gary Freeman - disparage their acumen all you like but they are former internationals and Dally M award winners themselves. The actual awards may not definitively decide the absolute best players, but the truth is that sh*t players usually do not win them. Especially 3 in a row.

Oh and Willow, opinions obviously taste better when the spoon feeding them to you has a wooden tang to it.

Mr Saab

Referee
And fox commentators vote today also, but when it comes down to it, the position awards are decided by the scribes of the Terrorgraph.
The ex players with fox only contribute to the actual winner of the Dally M.

Point totals have no bearing on who wins position awards.

Godz Illa

Coach
I agree the Dally M is usually a flimsy argument. But when you win it 3 times in a row, it becomes rather substantial.