What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinkler sacks Bennett confidante

Minh

First Grade
It was reported on Fox Sports News that Nathan "Sacking Machine" Tinkler has sacked Ken Edwards close friend and confidante to Bennett. Edwards played a key role in luring Bennett to the Knights it is believed that the sacking has even come as a shock to Bennett.

This cannot be good for morale as Bennett is a seriously loyal bloke to his friends and players alike. Bennett speaks fondly of friendships in his autobiography, "Dont die with the music in you".

If Bennett somehow underachieves I think his fate would be sealed that's if Bennett does not decide to walk out.

Big Tim

First Grade
Link please.

BRETT KEEBLE
23 Feb, 2012 05:39 PM
KNIGHTS executive chairman Ken Edwards has resigned, the Hunter Sports Group has announced.
Premiership-winning former Knights captain Paul Harragon, the chairman of the club’s football advisory board, has been appointed to represent the Knights at functions including meetings of NRL chairmen.
‘‘Paul’s passion for the club and the game will ensure he is a major contributor at all levels,’’ Knights owner Nathan Tinkler said.
‘‘This is a unique appointment that will showcase his business acumen, love of the game from grassroots through to the highest level, and his passion for Newcastle and the game’s history.’’
Tinkler said Edwards, the former HSG executive chairman and one of the key figures in seeing Tinkler’s take-over bid to fruition, had resigned to spend more time with his family in Sydney.
‘‘We thank Ken for his contribution from the exciting embryonic period in which we took over the Jets; coordination of the LA Galaxy visit and winning the ownership vote for the Knights, to the club’s recent hosting of rugby league and netball Tests in Newcastle and the appointment of Wayne Bennett,’’ Tinkler said. HSG chief executive Troy Palmer will represent the Jets and HSG in dealings with Football Federation Australia and the A-League.

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/loc...n/2465946.aspx

Big Tim

First Grade
Sorry and thanks I will learn how to use a computer properly one day and be able to link these things and put up all the fancy pics like Muzby and Gypsy.

I think you misunderstood.

I asked you for a link to where it is reported that Edwards was sacked.

I posted a link to where Hunter Sports say he resigned.

2 different things. I was hoping you could provide a link rather than just conjecture.

Breathingfire

Juniors

2 different things. I was hoping you could provide a link rather than just conjecture.

You're probably the kind of person that's under the impression Kevin Rudd "resigned" as foreign minister :lol:

Big Tim

First Grade
And you're probably the type of person who believes that they are always right and dont need to provide a source for conjecture.

I am interested to hear more about this, as it is something that all Knights fans dread.

Clearly the HSG media release is made to paint it in the best view possible for the club. I am under no illusions of the man who owns my club, hence my interest in this matter.

So excuse me for asking for a link to something no (other) media outlet has reported.

Minh

First Grade
And you're probably the type of person who believes that they are always right and dont need to provide a source for conjecture.

I am interested to hear more about this, as it is something that all Knights fans dread.

Clearly the HSG media release is made to paint it in the best view possible for the club. I am under no illusions of the man who owns my club, hence my interest in this matter.

So excuse me for asking for a link to something no (other) media outlet has reported.

Fox sports look under latest rugby league news. It's an article by Andrew John titled "knights beware of Dragons". I can't link it don't know how.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

And Minh thanked you.