What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans being shown no respect

Titans could only score 20 points against an injury ravaged Sharks. I don't really rate the Titans, even with Rogers one of my favourite all time players and Preston as well.

jono

Juniors
Cartwright REALLY annoys the sh*t out of me now. I used to like him before this year. But now, he never stops whining.

Here's a tip, f*ckknuckle ... spend more time coaching your team rather than worrying about what other people think.
Learnt well from Sticky when he was assistant coach @ the transit lounge.

Parra

Referee
Titans should be an aussie rules team the way they carry on. Searle is very AFL-like in his constant spin-doctoring

Canard

Immortal
The Titans hatred on here is actually making me want to see them win and piss a whole lot of people off.

I can't help feeling that most of it is "those young upstarts should know there place"!

Im worried that the Titans are the only team to give up there cherry to the Cowboys over a 7 week period when the Cowboys won a total of ZERO other games (the Roosters doesn't count as a win).

zaku

Juniors
Well when your side is not renowned for winning away from home, and are going up against the form side in the comp, what do you expect.

I would think coach's would love to be as under the radar as the Titans are.

Going up against the form team over the last 10 weeks...yes!!
But There away record this year is as good as Parra's and the storm. And is only 2 wins less than the best away performer in the comp!!
They deserve a little credit, and i reckon they can get the money on Fri night.

Parra

Referee
they didn't run 3rd by mucking around.

There is some terrific value betting on the Titans this week.

But this has nothing to do with 'respect'

mickdo

Coach
The Titans don't seem to have all that much respect for us...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26086697-5018866,00.html

Gold Coast Titans hold a "psychological advantage" over Parramatta Eels ahead of the NRL semi-final at Sydney Football Stadium on Friday night, Titans backrower Mark Minichiello says.
The Titans have leaked 78 points in their past two games, and they are smarting from two successive losses as they prepare to play a Parramatta side oozing confidence after winning eight of their past nine games.

Throw Dally M Medal winner Jarryd Hayne into the mix, and it all starts to look very daunting for the finals rookies.

But Minichiello says the Titans' unbeaten record against Parramatta - they have won all three of the matches between the teams - give Gold Coast the "psychological edge" on Friday night.

"Three years of playing against each other, and they have never beaten us," Minichiello said.

"That's a confidence builder for us.

"And another thing is that we finished third in the comp and they got through in eighth.

"We can go into the game feeling very confident about getting a result."

whistle1

Juniors
One could be forgiven for thinking a 3rd placing should earn some respect. I guess not.

I'm still waiting for the game where they completely rip a team apart, I mean we've seen patches where they can play brilliant footy but it's a shame they can't hold it for a full game.

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

Hmmmmmm, sounds familiar...

TOUGH Dragons forward Dean Young has taunted rivals Parramatta - suggesting the Eels will carry psychological scars into Sunday's qualifying final grudge match.
"I think there will be some mental scars for them coming back to Kogarah," Young said.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,20797,26040453-5003409,00.html

Eelectrica

Referee

Until you read this bit of course:
That was the turning point for their season," Campbell said.

"They may not have beaten us but I don't think the Eels boys will be worrying about that too much.

"They are a different team since the last time we played them.

"Tthey will be a lot more confident than they were before

At the end of the day we are in for one hell of a game and I just hope the refs let the players sort it out.

Spot On

Coach
Well, if Prince, Mini, Lafranchi and Bailey pull their finger out (as their form has been horrible) they are a great show. Zillman at fullback and Presto into the halves is definitely their strongest line up. Couldn't care if Rogers is out - no great loss. Would love to see them give it to the Eels and make a game of it.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
The Titans hatred on here is actually making me want to see them win and piss a whole lot of people off.

I can't help feeling that most of it is "those young upstarts should know there place"!

Im worried that the Titans are the only team to give up there cherry to the Cowboys over a 7 week period when the Cowboys won a total of ZERO other games (the Roosters doesn't count as a win).

Yeah I here you on that. This whole Parramatta v Canterbury 'meant to be' w*nkfest is getting terribly boring.

No one is giving the Titans a chance. If I was a John Cartwright, that is exactly where I would want to be.

GO THE TITANS!

Latest posts