What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLT Rnd8 vs Manly Friday 8pm

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who the f**k knows. It’s making my brain tired even trying to work out what the coach will do.
either way, we are just as likely to win against the sea eagles as go down by 30 points or more.
It’s NOT exciting
I can guarantee it’s making his brain even more tired.

Cloeel

Juniors
I will be heartbroken if Gutho has to give it away early due to creaky knees. He deserves to go out on his terms.

Is this actually confirmed that Gutho has Knee/s issues?

Or is this just media speculation?

I haven't seen anything from the club addressing it.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I will be heartbroken if Gutho has to give it away early due to creaky knees. He deserves to go out on his terms.
Gutho is a fighter he won't give in this easily. If he did he probably would have missed games by now in the past 18 months.

He was on one leg for that Penrith game last year yet basically won us a game in 65 mins.

Looks like whatever issue got repaired in the off-season hasn't quite panned out so far.

Billy Slater was almost ready for retirement at 33 years old with B2B shoulder recon's. He could barely move the steering wheel. He came back and played 2 more years and was back to his best annoying best in 2017/2018.

Gutho is still 29.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
i don’t think he would retire just yet, but I think a lengthy layoff is a very likely outcome at this point. Maybe not this week, but soon.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Read into this what you will

View attachment 87008
Parramatta skipper Clint Gutherson has shut down talk of a switch into the No.6 jumper but revealed rising playmaker Ethan Sanders could be in line for an NRL debut this weekend against Manly.
It’s understood Sanders has told the club he is leaving at season’s end – it’s believed the youngster has agreed to terms to Canberra.

Sanders trained with the halves with the NRL squad on Tuesday as the Eels look to bounce back from a demoralising loss against the Dolphins in Darwin. Daejarn Asi is racing the clock to get through return to play protocols after suffering a head knock against the Dolphins last Friday.

With Mitchell Moses already sidelined with a foot injury, Sanders is now the next in line to get a call-up.

“Ethan trained out there today. We are running low on numbers so he trained with the main squad,” Gutherson said.

“He’s been great. He’s a young kid that’s come through the system and doing what halves do, controlling.”

With halves stocks stretched, there were suggestions Gutherson would be shifted from fullback and into the halves against the Sea Eagles.

“Nah, I don’t know where that came from,” Gutherson said. “I haven’t spoken to Brad about anything. Unless I get named there, that’s the first I have heard of it.”

Gutherson has been managing a niggling knee injury that has needed to be drained post match in order for him to keep playing. The Eels captain said it would not keep him from running out against the Sea Eagles.

eels_fan

First Grade
It's Round 8. I thought he was going to ask for a release 1 minute past Round 6 ? What happened ?
Maybe the Eels said no. Maybe they are waiting for Moses to come back as currently despite our desire not to use him, he's needed for training so we have someone to run in that position as we've seen today

pazzaeel

Juniors
if Brown plays anywhere but 5/8 than BA is a bigger bald headed peanut then we thought. moses is out. lets not weaken two positions for any longer when we only need to be weaker in 1.

Gronk

Staff member
The Parramatta Eels have confirmed their squad to face the Manly Sea Eagles on Friday in ANZAC Round.

Ethan Sanders is set to make his NRL debut as Eel #845. The young playmaker has been named to join Dylan Brown in the halves against the Sea Eagles, with Daejarn Asi dropping to the reserves list.

Ryan Matterson has been named to start in the absence of an injured Bryce Cartwright. His absence sees Kelma Tuilagi join the bench.

Maika Sivo and Brendan Hands have earned recalls to the NRL side, replacing Sean Russell and Blaize Talagi, respectively.

Makahesi Makatoa is in line for his first NRL match of the season, after taking the place of Luca Moretti on the bench.

eels_fan

First Grade
I don't get it.

What makes Sanders more ready to play now that 4 weeks ago? It's not great form in cup i'll tell you that.

It's a desperation move and again just shows the lack of planning in our squad from our football dept.

Were we waiting for him to sign with the Raiders before we gave him a first grade jersey? For mine, there is now LESS of a reason to blood him than there was 4 weeks ago.

If he was a valid option, then he should have been 6/7 since Moses went down and getting experience in the role so by now he was comfortable.

JokerEel

Coach
I don't get it.

What makes Sanders more ready to play now that 4 weeks ago? It's not great form in cup i'll tell you that.

It's a desperation move and again just shows the lack of planning in our squad from our football dept.

Were we waiting for him to sign with the Raiders before we gave him a first grade jersey? For mine, there is now LESS of a reason to blood him than there was 4 weeks ago.

If he was a valid option, then he should have been 6/7 since Moses went down and getting experience in the role so by now he was comfortable.

Agreed there is a shit lot more pressure on him now...

Latest posts