What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLT Rnd8 vs Manly Friday 8pm

Soto

Bench
The forum will light up no doubt in 24 hrs.
The calls to sack BA will grow louder or somehow we plucked something out of our arses to win.
No, I don't expect to win. I'm fearful Jason Saab is going to smoke us...
If we play super compressed they will expose and capitalise...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we play super compressed they will expose and capitalise...
And if we don't, Manly will do to us what the Dolphins did.

Ultimately one-on-one defence is an individual problem. If a player needs help, his team mates need to work harder to get there. When that starts in the middle it means defenders compressing and leaving space out wide. 'Coaching' merkins to have a better attitude and chase the collision only gets you so far. Teams with better defenders across the park will defend better than teams without them. The teams without them need to control the ball better, through completing sets and kicking well.

Soto

Bench
Rubbish...again
Defence is all about attitude..
Titans showed today.
They couldn't defend to save their lives 4 weeks ago...still leaking way too many points but today they showed the effort, commitment, desire to keep the warriors out at the end to stop them from scoring.
The coach needs to instil that into the team.
You can see with Hasler the Titans have been getting better each week.
Unlucky to lose in GP against roiders, tool manly all the way last week and were good enough today...
All about attitude..

And if we don't, Manly will do to us what the Dolphins did.

Ultimately one-on-one defence is an individual problem. If a player needs help, his team mates need to work harder to get there. When that starts in the middle it means defenders compressing and leaving space out wide. 'Coaching' merkins to have a better attitude and chase the collision only gets you so far. Teams with better defenders across the park will defend better than teams without them. The teams without them need to control the ball better, through completing sets and kicking well.
One of the dumbest (trolling?) posts about rugby league ever made on this site, showing an abject lack of understanding.

You coach individual players to get better at their on-on-one defence, you don't leave it up to them and each other. and if they can't do it, then as head coach you manage your roster over time to ensure that you have players that can individually defend.

And on top of that, as a coach you also work on the collective defensive systems, tactics and scenarios, so that you can instruct your selected team accordingly for any match day - and during the match as situations change.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Rubbish...again
Defence is all about attitude..
Titans showed today.
They couldn't defend to save their lives 4 weeks ago...still leaking way too many points but today they showed the effort, commitment, desire to keep the warriors out at the end to stop them from scoring.
This game was no defensive masterclass. The Warriors scored twenty four points ffs, more than their average so far this season. What the Titans did well was complete their sets and break a lot of tackles. This allowed them to score far more points than they have been. Which is good because their attack has been very poor.
The coach needs to instil that into the team.
You can see with Hasler the Titans have been getting better each week.
Unlucky to lose in GP against roiders, tool manly all the way last week and were good enough today...
All about attitude..
Their defence is shit. There are no lessons our team can take from the Titans other than how to get to their kick.

JokerEel

Coach
This game was no defensive masterclass. The Warriors scored twenty four points ffs, more than their average so far this season. What the Titans did well was complete their sets and break a lot of tackles. This allowed them to score far more points than they have been. Which is good because their attack has been very poor.

Their defence is shit. There are no lessons our team can take from the Titans other than how to get to their kick.

Tell me you didn't watch the game without telling me you didn't watch the game 😂

yy_cheng

Coach
One of the dumbest (trolling?) posts about rugby league ever made on this site, showing an abject lack of understanding.

You coach individual players to get better at their on-on-one defence, you don't leave it up to them and each other. and if they can't do it, then as head coach you manage your roster over time to ensure that you have players that can individually defend.

And on top of that, as a coach you also work on the collective defensive systems, tactics and scenarios, so that you can instruct your selected team accordingly for any match day - and during the match as situations change.
The other way works too. It just takes 39 years to get it right

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tell me you didn't watch the game without telling me you didn't watch the game 😂
I watched the game at the pub, and because it was on first I was still sober by the end of it. If that had been Parra getting beaten you wouldn't have said a f**king word about the Titans' great defence. It would've been all 'Parra were too shit to score'. The fact is the Warriors were good enough to score four tries in 62 minutes. But their own defence was very poor, and they were still behind on the scoreboard. Instead of building pressure they lost composure and offered little threat for the last fifteen minutes. They shat themselves, and somehow that makes the Titans a gun defensive side? They still have the second worst defence in the NRL.

JokerEel

Coach
I watched the game at the pub, and because it was on first I was still sober by the end of it. If that had been Parra getting beaten you wouldn't have said a f**king word about the Titans' great defence. It would've been all 'Parra were too shit to score'. The fact is the Warriors were good enough to score four tries in 62 minutes. But their own defence was very poor, and they were still behind on the scoreboard. Instead of building pressure they lost composure and offered little threat for the last fifteen minutes. They shat themselves, and somehow that makes the Titans a gun defensive side? They still have the second worst defence in the NRL.

Like I said tell me you didn't watch the game without telling me you didn't watch the game...

For almost 20 minutes the Titans defended their line when up by 3. All the momentum with the Warriors who were the home side.

As the season has progressed they have gotten better and we have gotten worse..

Latest posts