What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLT vs Knights

Stake Removed

First Grade
Atkinson went well, and can cover the backline.

Rodwell big and strong.
Piru I can see him jumping past Trindall.
Healey hope he gets a few game in nsw cup this year.

The No 18 Crouch he looks a big boy he could be one of those guys a good season into nsw cup.

Important to have good depth keep pressure on guys in 1sta it makes them play better knowing the position is always up for grabs

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would go

8. Hunt
10. Uele

16. Rudolf
17. Kaufusi

Well that my front row in order.

I still do not rate Williams or McAverage.

Special K

Coach
First things first it is a trial... Atkinson, Puru and Hazleton would be my 3,2,1. Depth from our strong NSW, 20's still looks good.

Atkinson was very impressive for someone who has been here for a week or two. He attacks everything and played 1, 3 and 6. The gap between him and Miller? Hard to tell but I think the point is there when you factor in the contracts/age/usage and getting a player in return. "Looks a footy player". The fella we got from the Knights did not look fit I must say. He was always turning around jogging while others were set.

Rodwell looked solid and bulked up. Stonestreet to me has always been the more impressive of the two but both did well. Ideally one of them is brought up on the wing and not a situation where we put Tracey there should something happen to our first two. Long term I can see one of them getting Katoas spot due to balancing the cap.

Hiroti did a job and you can see why you keep him around against NSW cup players. I thought it was interesting how he went to FB and Iro didn't. Iro made a few really good last second tackles and with the ball looked the most dangerous to create something from nothing. He really does move like Val. I think I am on the train to put him in over Talakai for a more balanced team.

Puru was relentless with attack. First 10-15 I think he was letting Wade run the show but then he just took over. Rivett on the Knights side played 20 and was barely sighted. Nicho/Moylan/Trindall then Puru before we think of Wade there again please. Wade looked lost at sea a few times in defence.

Toby and BHU did their role. I got worried when Toby looked hurt but he kicked on.

Berrell got bounced a lot in defence. Didn't see much in attack. Seemed a bit behind the pace.

Wilton and Colquhoun looked alright. Colquhoun I had only really seen in the middle and they attacked him out there in D.

Williams logged some big minutes after the injuries.

Hazelton was the stand out from the bench. I don't know what spot he would take in the squad but he did look good.

You can tell Gagan has been spending time on the gold coast with those new tattoos. He is one more leg sleeve away from an onlyfans. Shame he got hurt again. Waitere who normally plays 6 got put into the centres to replace him and Clune attacked the shit out of him for that late Knights run. We ended up swapping Atkinson in the centres and Waitere at 6 to stop the bleeding.

All in all I am buying grand final tickets.

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Bench
First things first it is a trial... Atkinson, Puru and Hazleton would be my 3,2,1. Depth from our strong NSW, 20's still looks good.

Atkinson was very impressive for someone who has been here for a week or two. He attacks everything and played 1, 3 and 6. The gap between him and Miller? Hard to tell but I think the point is there when you factor in the contracts/age/usage and getting a player in return. "Looks a footy player". The fella we got from the Knights did not look fit I must say. He was always turning around jogging while others were set.

Rodwell looked solid and bulked up. Stonestreet to me has always been the more impressive of the two but both did well. Ideally one of them is brought up on the wing and not a situation where we put Tracey there should something happen to our first two. Long term I can see one of them getting Katoas spot due to balancing the cap.

Hiroti did a job and you can see why you keep him around against NSW cup players. I thought it was interesting how he went to FB and Iro didn't. Iro made a few really good last second tackles and with the ball looked the most dangerous to create something from nothing. He really does move like Val. I think I am on the train to put him in over Talakai for a more balanced team.

Puru was relentless with attack. First 10-15 I think he was letting Wade run the show but then he just took over. Rivett on the Knights side played 20 and was barely sighted. Nicho/Moylan/Trindall then Puru before we think of Wade there again please. Wade looked lost at sea a few times in defence.

Toby and BHU did their role. I got worried when Toby looked hurt but he kicked on.

Berrell got bounced a lot in defence. Didn't see much in attack. Seemed a bit behind the pace.

Wilton and Colquhoun looked alright. Colquhoun I had only really seen in the middle and they attacked him out there in D.

Williams logged some big minutes after the injuries.

Hazelton was the stand out from the bench. I don't know what spot he would take in the squad but he did look good.

You can tell Gagan has been spending time on the gold coast with those new tattoos. He is one more leg sleeve away from an onlyfans. Shame he got hurt again. Waitere who normally plays 6 got put into the centres to replace him and Clune attacked the shit out of him for that late Knights run. We ended up swapping Atkinson in the centres and Waitere at 6 to stop the bleeding.

All in all I am buying grand final tickets.
Iro needs to work on his defence, no way you play him over Talakai

Besides moving Talakai to the edge will alter our forwards negatively. Who gets dropped Nikora or Teig? You know Graham isn’t losing a bench spot

shaggs

Coach
Iro needs to work on his defence, no way you play him over Talakai

Besides moving Talakai to the edge will alter our forwards negatively. Who gets dropped Nikora or Teig? You know Graham isn’t losing a bench spot
I don’t know. From that game, I can’t fit Wade into the 17

Special K

Coach
I think Iro is fine in defence. In a perfect world my bench would be Brailey, Talakai, Hunt and Kafusi but that won’t happen

shaggs

Coach
1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Ramien
4. Talkai
5. Ronaldo
6. Moylan
7. Hynes
8. BHU
9. Mciness
10. Rudolph
11. wilton
12. Nikora
13. Finucane

14. Brailey
15. hunt
16. Kaufusi
17. Maybe Jesse or hazelton. Probably need someone who can cover an edge at a pinch

Craigshark

First Grade
I thought iro actually did a good job in defence. Cut down a few of their players in really good one on one tackles.
Williams was better when he came back on for his second stint.
so many players on current ability have jumped wade, but he probably deserves first shot on the bench to play a fifita/tolman like 25 minute experience role.

Hope we don't carry both wade and trindall in the 17. One should have retired 3 years ago and the other is just not very good.

coolumsharkie

Referee
He's got FG written all over him too. Healey is the other one that stood out as a future FG'er out of the freshies

R-15-3

Juniors
Healey has some great foot work and lightning fast off the mark, can definitely see him as a possible 5/8 option in the future 2.
In saying that has a lot of Harry Grant about his dummy half play 2.

Latest posts