What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TLT vs Storm - CommBank - Friday 8pm

King-Gutho94

Coach

T-Baz looks depressed he had as much energy as a 99 year old in a nursing home just wanting to stay in bed.

Going off that the Storm may win by 80 if thats what we bring tomorrow.

EelEtric

Juniors
I reckon Dan Keir is a big chance of getting a run.
Barrett talked about needing to debut someone and Keir is the only one listed who hasnt played FG yet.

I love seeing the debutants first games.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon Dan Keir is a big chance of getting a run.
Barrett talked about needing to debut someone and Keir is the only one listed who hasnt played FG yet.

I love seeing the debutants first games.
Dan Keir has grown on me. Solid worker. Seems to be able to slot in on the edge or the middle. Has even played centre. Haven't looked if still captain, but has been.

I have never viewed him as a NRL player though. Probably because he is not a difference maker.

Having said that, Storm has a philosophy that everyone has a job and they keep it simple, so each player learns to do their job really well. So, WTF would I know. Maybe Keir is that kind of guy ?

Noise

Coach

T-Baz looks depressed he had as much energy as a 99 year old in a nursing home just wanting to stay in bed.

He’s defeated. I reckon he thought he’d improve the side taking over and would put him back in the shop window for a first grade job down the line. In reality it has completely shut the door on it. And he knows it.

Shit attitudes from our senior players are what’s cost him

Gazzamatta

Coach
Dan Keir has grown on me. Solid worker. Seems to be able to slot in on the edge or the middle. Has even played centre. Haven't looked if still captain, but has been.

I have never viewed him as a NRL player though. Probably because he is not a difference maker.

Having said that, Storm has a philosophy that everyone has a job and they keep it simple, so each player learns to do their job really well. So, WTF would I know. Maybe Keir is that kind of guy ?
He's also fast. Well faster than Jake Arthur so I guess you can make of that what you will.

Chipmunk

Coach

"There is an option here for me to stay, not as a coach though"

WTF???

He’s defeated. I reckon he thought he’d improve the side taking over and would put him back in the shop window for a first grade job down the line. In reality it has completely shut the door on it. And he knows it.
Yep, I reckon he's quite depressed at not being able to take over permanently when BA's job opened up in front of him.

He knows that was his best chance to have a head coach role again, and he couldn't cash in on the interview.
Shit attitudes from our senior players are what’s cost him
I think maybe his own lack of ideas at interview probably cost him too? Relying on familiarity with the players too much as one of his positives? Or maybe an unwillingness to draw a line in the sand from the BA days he was involved in, to be the man the club needed to guide our post-sacking future.

Suitman

Post Whore
I might be going against the grain here, but I really like Trent Barrett.
I think he is a seriously good, honest person. He speaks well and speaks from the heart.
He is passionate about his responsibilities and cares about those players that are under his control and also respects his responsibilities to his employer.
Granted, he has not had much success in coaching wherever he has been, but in hindsight, he has always taken on the roles at basket place clubs.
That takes balls to do that.

I'm not suggesting that he has the potential to be a supercoach, but I certainly think that he has a lot to offer the game of RL in one role or another.
He certainly would be a better fit in a management role somewhere than a Freddy or Joey.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
For Gutho to play 200 games for us is a great achievement. He's stayed loyal and been a great leader. Let's cheer him on loudly when he runs out. I hope this media speculation doesn't affect his performance. I mean we don't know if we going to be dropped as captain or moved to the centres, there's nothing official and Ryles hasn't said anything. The media are trying to create dramas.