What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To all Melbourne rugby league fans here - respond!!!

dimitri said:
a couple of years ago nobody gave a sh*t about the swans in sydney

put in some work and give it time and things will change

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

they have been there for 6 years and crowds are dwindling fast - they have to stand on their own two feet like other clubs have to and not expect concessions

dimitri said:
a couple of years ago nobody gave a shit about the swans in sydney

put in some work and give it time and things will change

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Exactly.

Abandoning Melbourne would make our game a laughing stock.

If we could get on a level playing field with the style of promotion and coverage the Swans and Lions get, the Storm will be the envy of the RL world.

nat

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
"I even struggle with them calling it "footy". They only kick a goal as a consolation prize. "

From someone who follows a code where they get a point for missing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

nat

Juniors
Generalissimo Stalin said:
say what you want but it is true NO ONE GIVES A XXXX ABOUT THE STORM IN MELBOURNE /VICTORIA AS IT IS AFL ONLY.

:roll: say wat you want i am a loyal storm supporter and i no many people who do give a XXXX about the storm.

relocate melbourne to the gold coast is the only solution - wate of time trying to convert anyone in victoria as no one is interested in league except for a few relocated nsw,qld and migrant new zealanders and even this support is dwindling

Speaking of insular, you truly are a f**kwit Stalin, and I'm sick of your shit!! I am born and raised Victorian, as are the majority of people I go to the footy (read NRL) with. And I am constantly at AFL followers to give it a go. It has got to the point where I can have a discussion with AFL fans about the game now. People know who we are, and always ask how we go, but don't go to games because unless you are a true league/Storm fan, down here you wouldn't know when it was on.

Go watch the Jim Beam Cup you clown and cry me a river for the old NSWRL that you so badly want back!

Dani

Immortal
its ignorant idiots like this guy who are going to destroy league in melborne.

I have followed the Storm since 98 and one thing I can say is that the fans they have are bloody loyal and need support from the fans of othe rclubs to keep league in Melbourne.

AFL fans are ignorant of the fact that league is a more exciting game and will not give it a fair go in Melbourne...bloody frustrating... :evil:

gregstar

Referee
As warren ryan said - victoria is petrified of giving league too much air time! it is a myth that they are sports loving because whenever a sport poses a threat, the shutters come down tightly!

well its kinda true that most league fans in melb are actually from nsw/qld or nz i am one (only moved here 4 years ago :p)

But u gotta relize things wont change around melbourne even if it it is given more time as long as eddie is there controlling channel 9 there is not much anyone else can do

Surandy

Bench
joel caine number 1 fan said:
well its kinda true that most league fans in melb are actually from nsw/qld or nz i am one (only moved here 4 years ago :p)

But u gotta relize things wont change around melbourne even if it it is given more time as long as eddie is there controlling channel 9 there is not much anyone else can do

A lot of fans may be but there are numbers of us Victorian born and bred supporters and we are growing.

I think things may well change, Brian Waldron (Storm's new CEO from 1/11/04) is already getting media attention on his thoughts and plans for Melbourne Storm and Rugby League and he hasn't even officially started work yet.

I don't see a lot changing this side of 2008, that's when the new TV rights take effect.

Latest posts