What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To all Melbourne rugby league fans here - respond!!!

iggy plop said:
Rise up Melbourne league fans and respond to this dweeb who seems to think that the NRL is just a Sydney game!!!

And funnilly enough, that "Sydney" game is outdrawn on average by that Victorian game called AFL in Sydney.

joshreading

Staff member
Do you know why the different codes are called 'football'? It is NOT because the ball is kicked at all it is because it is a game with a ball played on foot as opposed to horse back.

iggy plop

First Grade
Johnny Wilkinson said:
iggy plop said:
Rise up Melbourne league fans and respond to this dweeb who seems to think that the NRL is just a Sydney game!!!

And funnilly enough, that "Sydney" game is outdrawn on average by that Victorian game called AFL in Sydney.

10 NSW league teams average 15,000 per game.

Swans (only team in entire state) average 30,000 per game.

I know which game looks the strongest in NSW, do you Bea? :lol:

Surandy

Bench
Surandy said:
Letter to the editor submitted. I hope some letters that people are submitting get printed.

I don't buy the HS so I don't know if many of the letters are being printed, but I've been told my letter got in today's edition.

I don't buy the HS so I don't know if many of the letters are being printed, but I've been told my letter got in today's edition.

I was going to ask if that was you? I sent one in too, but didn't get printed. At least one did!

Surandy

Bench
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
Can you guys show us the letters you sent in?

I can't as I don't buy the paper, I only found out my letter was in there coz another Stormer emailed me this morning.

To be honest I can't even recall exactly what I wrote. I do recall part of my letter related to last year's NRL GF getting a bigger audience in Melbourne than the AFL GF got in Sydney.

Sorry mate, mine was just emailed via the HS website, so I don't have a copy. I referred to the point the original fool made about kicking goals as a consolation. I said that was funny for a sport where you get a point for missing. Then went on to call most melburnians insular sports followers, and that Melbourne used to claim to be the sporting capital of the world, when in reality it is the AFL capital of the world and nothing more.

Surandy said:
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:

I can't as I don't buy the paper, I only found out my letter was in there coz another Stormer emailed me this morning.

To be honest I can't even recall exactly what I wrote. I do recall part of my letter related to last year's NRL GF getting a bigger audience in Melbourne than the AFL GF got in Sydney.

Good on ya surandy.
I wrote one and was going to send it but then I realise being in NSW and that plus the fact papers call you up to confirm, i decided not to.
Did they ring you up, Surandy?
Keep writing those letters and keep supporting the Storm ;-)

steaming stormer said:

Sorry mate, mine was just emailed via the HS website, so I don't have a copy. I referred to the point the original fool made about kicking goals as a consolation. I said that was funny for a sport where you get a point for missing. Then went on to call most melburnians insular sports followers, and that Melbourne used to claim to be the sporting capital of the world, when in reality it is the AFL capital of the world and nothing more.

Haha, yeah I always say that.

Just wish more people down there could be open to other things like up here. We're lucky as well, because of our acceptance of all codes, we get plenty of coverage of all major sports.

Surandy

Bench
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:

Here is what I've been told was printed:

"NRL HUGELY POPULAR"

If the NRL is not of national interest as Michael Christiansen asserts ("Sydney's NRL Dream", October 1), then why does the telecast of the NRL Grand Final rate better in Melbourne than the AFL Grand Final in Sydney? If you haven't been to a rugby league game, then next season make the effort to watch the Storm and see a great sport."

Andrew Blair - Williamstown

I love the heading they gave to the letter! :D

Hopefully more letters will get a run in the next few days.

DIEHARD

----
Good work Surandy!

Keep it up and continue to represent us and our game with such passion.

Surandy

Bench
Another letter got printed in yesterday's HS:

"My Storm his shower"

As a proud Victorian and staunch Melbourne Storm supporter, I take exception to Michael Christiansen's view ("Sydney's NRL dream," October 1). There is a lot more to the vast Victorian sporting culture than watching tall, skinny men in tight shorts uncomfortably trying to gather in a constantly out-of-control ball.

David Neilsen (Balwyn)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Surandy

Bench
Tamazoid said:
A reply was published today. :mrgreen:

There was? I checked today's HS and don't recall seeing any that related to the above letters. Can you post the letter please Tamazoid.

iggy plop

First Grade
Surandy said:
Another letter got printed in yesterday's HS:

"My Storm his shower"

As a proud Victorian and staunch Melbourne Storm supporter, I take exception to Michael Christiansen's view ("Sydney's NRL dream," October 1). There is a lot more to the vast Victorian sporting culture than watching tall, skinny men in tight shorts uncomfortably trying to gather in a constantly out-of-control ball.

David Neilsen (Balwyn)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wonderful stuff - keep it up!

Latest posts