What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

today's refs.. cechin and maxwell

Juniors
Refs have been poor all weekend....cannot remember who was ref on friday nite but they ok ...all other games the refs here horrible....

bartman

Immortal
Was it me or was there a fair amount of forward passes from both teams thrown which were not called.
A regular feature of the two ref system... but especially so today with these two paired together.

I'm presuming with only two games per weekend from now on, that they'll be on their mad monday tomorrow :lol:

pazzaeel

Juniors
Was it me or was there a fair amount of forward passes from both teams thrown which were not called.

agreed. play the ball was very slow as well.

in saying that - i wouldnt say they favored any team, it was just an all round terrible refereeing display.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think they were influence by the crowd. I rarely have a go at refs, but 4 officials and a video ref and we are still making obviously wrong decisions. Just disgraceful.

strider

Post Whore
At least the Video Ref didn't deny Hayne the try for an "obstruction".

It has been a deadset lottery all year on that point.
mind you, he had 1 too many looks for my liking

how the f**k could a player be called for obstruction when ALL he is doing is supporting the man with the ball - isn't that one of the key elements of the game - backing up? .... how they could have even imagined that to be an obstruction was ridiculous ... its no parramatta player's fault that hayne ran past 8 of them and #9 had to try and get him from behind

I would have been blowing up if they red lighted it.

To me, it was one of the greatest individual tries I've seen.

I know Slater carved up Manly from further out twice to find the line on Friday night; but the sheer amount of traffic in tight space Hayne had to negotiate, and the footwork . . . I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
It just showed who they were going for, a ref is going to cost a team a premiership if Finch doesn't pull them in quickly.

The best call of the day.

With Eric Jnr bolting after taking the intercept, Ray Warren's commentary....

" his nearest RIVAL is the referee "

Nice call Rabbits - hit the nail on the head!!!!

Cecchin, your a joke!!! Grows some balls and make the calls against the favourites mate!

Bigfella

Coach
A big part of the Saints roll on is the flat balls from dummy half. There must have been 10 that could have been called forward.

ANd once they realised the refs weren't going to penalise for stripping, they got pretty aggressive in defense. Could have been 4 dropped balls of our result in penalties IMO.

But the good thing is we aren't a side that drops its bundle when those things go against us any more.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought they were poor

I cant remember ever being marched 10 metres twice in one game

I dont think they favoured any one team, they were just very poor

I just watched a replay ...

The refs were just as bad on replay and that is without my emotions clouding my judgement. For instance, there were a couple of lost balls on St George that were penalized as strips against us ... and there were a couple of strips against us that were ruled lost ball.

I don't mind the refs making mistakes but I HATE inconsistencies and that was one area I found the refs to be inconsistent in.

We won in spite of the refs.
In spite of a 6-2 penalty count
In spite of the Dragons having all the ball in the 1st twenty minutes.
In spite of it being at Kogarah
In spite of the heat (although one could say the heat favoured us)

84 Baby

Referee
mind you, he had 1 too many looks for my liking

how the f**k could a player be called for obstruction when ALL he is doing is supporting the man with the ball - isn't that one of the key elements of the game - backing up? .... how they could have even imagined that to be an obstruction was ridiculous ... its no parramatta player's fault that hayne ran past 8 of them and #9 had to try and get him from behind
We were probably lucky it wasn't Billy Hollywood in the box and that it was Hayne who scored. If it had been Kevin Kingston, guarantee they would have said No Try.

Latest posts