What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney caught Drink Driving!!

rlforever

Juniors
This tool should be deregistered NOW!!

Sydney Roosters five-eighth and Dally M Medallist Todd Carney has been caught drink driving, the club said in a media statement.

"Todd Carney was this morning charged with low range drink driving," the statement said.

"He was on his way to a business meeting this morning and was pulled up by a road side random breath test.

"The Club and Todd are very disappointed in his actions.

"Whilst the matter is set to go before the courts, the club will discuss an appropriate action with Todd in due course."

More to follow...

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/carney-on-drink-driving-charge-20110226-1b8z6.html

Last edited by a moderator:
so in other words he got hammered last night and didnt realize he was over, there is a RBT blitz on I have been pulled in for a RBT 5 times over 3 days

Von

Juniors
Whilst not good, especially for someone with his past record, "low range drink driving" can occur from 2 quick beers.

No, I'm not trying to defend his actions. But let's not all rush to hang the guy.

(and I would have said this about any player).

taipan

Referee
According to Sky News,Todd Carney has been charged with drink driving.I say no more except WTF.Where do we go from here.There is a real alcohol issue for the guy.

abpanther

Staff member
Carney on drink driving charge

Posted February 26, 2011 09:47:00
Roosters player Todd Carney has been charged with drink driving. (AAP: Dan Himbrechts)

Sydney Roosters half-back Todd Carney has been charged with drink driving after being pulled over by police on Saturday morning.

Carney, the 2010 Dally M Medallist, was caught via a random breath test on his way to a business meeting, according to a Roosters club statement.

"The Sydney Roosters confirm that Todd Carney was this morning charged with low range drink driving," the statement said.

"He was on his way to a business meeting this morning and was pulled up by a road side random breath test.

"The club and Todd are very disappointed in his actions.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/26/3149655.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague

Raider_69

Post Whore
dude, he has been banned from driving until 2013 or something
he shouldnt be behind the wheel

drink driving and driving under a suspended license... the last magistrate who saw him in their court said one more slip up and he's in the big house

Rusty

Juniors
It was reported he was on his p-plates.

The Roosters won't do anything but give him a slap on the wrist.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not sure his ban is still in place tbh raider, he's back on his P's from memory.

Either way the report I've seen had him blowing 0.05, which a fully licenced driver would get away with... being a P plater he's not allowed anything at all.

Unfortunate and disappointing but not a hanging offence. Roosters would be foolish to punish him heavily IMO.

If we were talking high range PCA then I'd agree, but we aren't.

jc155776

Coach
Will the NRL step in with an automatic two match ban like it did with other clubs??

Or does that only apply to struggling clubs and average players.

Slippers

Juniors
dude, he has been banned from driving until 2013 or something
he shouldnt be behind the wheel

drink driving and driving under a suspended license... the last magistrate who saw him in their court said one more slip up and he's in the big house

he got his license back last year.. i don't think he'll end up in the slammer for this

Its not good , but Ive always felt drink driving had little to do with the job of being a rugby league player.

Especially considering many , many people are caught. I bet most here know someone thats been charged with DUI.

The main thing is its not a hanging offence , the moral retoric on these issues needs to calm down.

jc155776

Coach
Will the NRL step in with an automatic two match ban like it did with other clubs??

Or does that only apply to struggling clubs and average players.

Rusty

Juniors
Sydney Roosters league player Todd Carney has been charged with drink-driving.
The former Dally M medallist and national representative was arrested in Coogee on Saturday morning.
Police say a 24-year-old P-plate driver was subjected to a random breath test at 7am (AEDT) on Coogee Bay Road.
The driver allegedly returned a breath analysis reading of 0.052.
P-platers are not permitted to drink any alcohol.
Carney was charged with drink-driving and is due to appear in Waverley Local Court on March 16

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8216779/todd-carney-charged-with-drink-driving

Last edited by a moderator:

Slippers

Juniors
"On Tuesday, 12 June 2007, Carney appeared in the ACT Magistrates Court, pleading guilty to the charges of failing to stop when directed by police, negligent driving and driving while disqualified.[1] He escaped jail, but the Court placed Carney on a 12-month good behaviour order, banned him from driving until 2012"

Um can someone please confirm if it is 2012 yet? Thanks

lol.. he got his license back last year. IF he didn't, don't you think the report would read "driving while disqualified"? can't seem to read that anywhere... pretty sure that would be the first thing he was charged for mate