What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney caught Drink Driving!!

haha

Juniors
P platers have a 0 limit, so to me .05 for a P plater is not low range.
He was on his way to business meeting according to the roosters statement.
If he had a business meeting to attend why was he out on the piss & he must have known 100% he was not .00.
Just shows he does not give a f**k.

No excuses for drink drivers no matter the circumstances.

Slackboy72

Coach
Calm down champ.

A man should lose his livelyhood over one mistake in the past 2 1/2 years?

yes he has form , but for the most part he's been getting it together. Carney was never going to be 100% clean forever.

A lot more people have lost loved ones because of drink driving too. Considering his record with the schooner glass and behind the wheel I don't think he deserves any consideration of his livelihood.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not bad work for a reformed 'superstar'.
Since January 2010:
Setting a bloke's pants on fire.
Allegedly caught with an old woman's prescription medication.
Injuring himself falling off a balcony pissed.
Drink driving.

Of course the rooster's will say that he only set the guys pants on fire because he thought he was cold, he was taking the meds back to the old lady so that other less trustworthy people wouldn't misuse them, he fell off the balcony because he was trying to save a kitten and he was only drink driving to demonstrate to kids that its the wrong thing to do.

images

Thank You Jesus.

haha

Juniors
A lot more people have lost loved ones because of drink driving too. Considering his record with the schooner glass and behind the wheel I don't think he deserves any consideration of his livelihood.

Thats right, people who think its not a big deal should think about families who have lost loved ones due to these scumbags.

He has no respect for his own or other peoples lives.

Canard

Immortal
Seems everyone seems to reply to stuff these days with "How is this news ?" statement?

Lets be honest whatever your position on this, how is this NOT news that the current Dally M player of the year with severe PAST behavourial issues related to alchol is caught drunk driving?

I also though Todd publicily announced he had given up alchol??

Von

Juniors
AlwaysGreen, probably true that the Roosters will defend him, kinda like when the Raiders did for so long.
And Johns at the Knights.

Big Sam

First Grade
Yet another offence from the Roosters club. When will the NRL strip points off them? They'll never learn otherwise.

Garts

Bench
Not good but not a hanging offence as some have said. He probably thought he was ok and obviously had some left in his system. Hardly like he was caught at 3am blind drunk. Just a slight error in judgement on his behalf by the sounds of it.

I think drink driving is a very serious threat. A crime that should be dealt with by the LAW.

imo drink driving has little to do with his job as a rugby league player.

People get so outraged at these things they lose all perspective. Instead of calling for Carneys head maybe more should be demanding he be stripped of his licence & perhaps other penalties.

Von

Juniors
Yet another offence from the Roosters club. When will the NRL strip points off them? They'll never learn otherwise.

How is it an offence "from the Roosters club"???

Was Jason Taylor's piss up a few years ago an offence "from the South Sydney club"?

No it was Taylor himself.

Clubs are not responsible for player's behaviour.

My employer is not responsible for my behaviour.

mrpwnd

Bench
How is it an offence "from the Roosters club"???

Was Jason Taylor's piss up a few years ago an offence "from the South Sydney club"?

No it was Taylor himself.

Clubs are not responsible for player's behaviour.

My employer is not responsible for my behaviour.
You'd probably only say that when it applies to your club.

Von

Juniors
No I say it every time.
You can look at my past posts if you like.

Is Canterbury responsible for Ryan Tandy's betting scandal? NO

I agree the club should take action against Carney, but any off-field incident by ANY player from ANY club is NOT the club's fault.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
AlwaysGreen, probably true that the Roosters will defend him, kinda like when the Raiders did for so long.
And Johns at the Knights.
Von, the roosters should defend him on this. And although I think that drink driving is unacceptable, Carney should not be sacked or anything ridiculous like that.
My point is that this bloke is not reformed. As a footballer he is undeniably talented but as a person he is nothing but a arrogant f**kwit. His character cannot be reformed.
This reformed crap and good bloke stuff is just sh*t.

Latest posts