What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney caught Drink Driving!!

Von

Juniors
AlwaysGreen, I don't disagree with what you have said.

I have lived in Canberra, so I know exactly what Carney got up to.

A couple of match ban from the club is deserved.

Whatever penalty the magistrate hands down will have nothing to do with his occupation.

rlforever

Juniors
This merkin should be in jail for life. At least members of society will be safe to go about their business

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You'd probably only say that when it applies to your club.

Really? really?

So if a lady working for Commonwealth Bank is pulled over and done DUI, the ACCC or similar body is entitled to step in and penalise the bank for a mistake an employee made, while not even in the workplace? :lol:

What a dumb thing to say, how the Roosters are possibly the culprit in this is bizarre logic.

Carney is the one who's done wrong here and should cop whatever the punishment is. Personally I don't believe a heavy penalty is necessary given the offence, but others will think differently.

jc155776

Coach
Seymour got two weeks holiday from playing for walking home drunk from a club.

He did play for the Sharks however and it is ok to screw them over.

Roosters should be applauded for giving Carney another chance after they slap him on the wrist.

mrpwnd

Bench
Well said Timmah.

Here is a looooong list of indiscretions over the years from all players in RL.

Interesting read....and an ever growing list unfortunately.

But mrpwnd, name me one where the club was at fault for moronic player behaviour....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_off-field_incidents_involving_rugby_league_players
Todd Carney + Canberra.

How many times did they slap his wrist until it was too much and way too late to do that?

I don't think a club should be directly associated with player indiscretions but they do have a responsibility to consistently prevent these sort of things from happening.

You haven't forgotten the Nate Myles sh*tting in the hotel + the Fittler incidents at the Roosters have you? Both were at club events and the club could've done a better job to prevent those things from happening.

I do, however, accept that this is more or less Carney's fault as an individual though, f**king bogan.

Big Sam

First Grade
A club may not be responsible for a player's individual behavior. But a club has a culture, developed over many years. And if that culture allows players to defecate in corridors, assault women, take old ladies valium, suspiciously lose a game after leading by 16 at halftime, and go DUI (and the coach to get pissed the night before a game) without consequence then the NRL has to step in and punish the club suitably.

no name

Coach
You have to be 0 on you P's. There so far has been nothing to suggest he was over the true legal limit of .05 (therefore putting anyones life at risk).

It was more like a breach of licence then "true" drink driving, assuming low range when on your P's means under .05

.052 is more than .05

Even if he was under, not much of an excuse.
Sorry officer even though I'm supposed to be on zero, at least I'm under .05

applesauce

Bench
.052 is more than .05

Even if he was under, not much of an excuse.
Sorry officer even though I'm supposed to be on zero, at least I'm under .05

I didn't read the .052 bit.

I realise it isn't an excuse for the police. But I was trying to calm down some of the people on hear calling for his contract (assuming he was under .05).

Now, what the hell they can do what they want with him.

Slackboy72

Coach
you have to be 0 on you p's. There so far has been nothing to suggest he was over the true legal limit of .05 (therefore putting anyones life at risk).

It was more like a breach of licence then "true" drink driving, assuming low range when on your p's means under .05

.052 > .05

TiggaPlease

Surely this time his suspension will actually be enforced in full, giving him his licence back early was obviously a mistake.

Raider Azz

Bench
The point is that he's been caught so many f**king times and lost his career once you think he'd have learnt his lesson. he clearly hasn't. if you gotta be somewhere at 7am the next morning you don't go out and get sh*tfaced. it's that simple really.

Ram Man

Juniors
A club may not be responsible for a player's individual behavior. But a club has a culture, developed over many years. And if that culture allows players to defecate in corridors, assault women, take old ladies valium, suspiciously lose a game after leading by 16 at halftime, and go DUI (and the coach to get pissed the night before a game) without consequence then the NRL has to step in and punish the club suitably.

You are throwing a lot of stones from your glass house mate...the Rabbitohs are far from having a clean record, neither has any club for that matter.

Your opinion is formed purely on the base that you dislike the Roosters and are looking for the harshest penalty possible without an ounce of perspective because you know any suspension will have Carney on the sideline for round 1.

The bloke f***ed up, hardly a hanging offence, but the matter will be dealt with in the courts.

I would not get suspended from my work for going DUI.
The courts punishment will be sufficient.

Rodent

Bench
Todd Carney shouldn't drink at all. What level of intoxication did he reach to still be 0.052 at 7am??? If you had to drive at 7am whilst on your P's, why would you drink heavily the night before? He obviously struggles with the responsible consumption of alcohol. He has had numerous chances for this to sink in. It hasn't. He must be a fool.

Latest posts